It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starvation Cult in Kenya Takes Hold in Christian Churches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So apparently there is a starvation cult in Kenya. This has a twisted version of 'christian prosperity' - a type of preaching that goes on world wide.
Hundreds of people have starved themselves to death in order to meet Jesus. This includes children being forced to starve by their parents or caregivers, and children being murdered. Hundreds of bodies are being found. Kenya has freedom of religion but the government has now banned the cult and the Christian churches that have associated themselves with it. Starvation, murder, money laundering .. this story has it.

Barrons AFP - Kenya Bans Churches Linked to Cult Deaths
Kenya Bans Churches Linked to Starvation Cult

Kenya has banned five churches, including one led by a suspected cult leader accused of encouraging more than 400 followers to starve themselves to death, according to a government document released Friday.

The license of self-proclaimed pastor Paul Nthenge Mackenzie’s Good News International Ministries was canceled effective May 19, the Registrar of Societies stated in a gazette notice, AFP reported.

Mackenzie allegedly incited his followers to starve to death to “meet Jesus,” a case that has deeply shocked Kenyans. While starvation is believed to be the main cause of death, some victims, including children, were strangled, beaten or suffocated, official autopsies revealed.

Authorities have also banned the New Life Prayer Centre and Church headed by televangelist Ezekiel Odero, the newswire reported, explaining he has been linked to Mackenzie and is under investigation for charges such as murder, aiding suicide, radicalization and money laundering.

Kenya, a largely Christian nation, has more than 4,000 registered churches. It has struggled to regulate some that engage in criminal activities, often preaching the prosperity gospel. Efforts to tighten control have been opposed, seen as undermining the division of church and state.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I read a couple of weeks ago those who hadn't died were upset with police and medics for saving them , that's some perverse interpretation of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
as a fat boy, I'll just say, hell naw. I love Jesus and I look forward to meeting him. But I envision us sharing a steak and a beer.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

is it though?
Martyrdom was always really at the front of Christendom in the early days.
self flagellation and fasting and the hair shirt etc

it's for us unthinkable far away, relatively comfortable, but when Jesus is the only one who can help you and everything around you is pretty #...

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

An example of hypocrisy?

Maybe some followers should have said, "You go first and we will follow."

But the rich leaders are alive to stand trial, evidently.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Maybe some followers should have said, "You go first and we will follow.".

I have always wondered why people in cults like this don't say that.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Probably sponsored by the WEF.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

did they first handover everything they owned?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sarcasticcritic

I don't know any more than what is in the article.

It seems a possibility that those who died may not have been in a financial position to both support the preacher and themselves. Perhaps the preachers convinced them first to give them all they had and enjoy the benefits of sacrifice.

The strangled children don't seem to have been given any choice.

-----
Starvation takes many days. Withold water and it's four to six days. That's some cold calculation.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Prosperity ministries, I believe they are anti-Christian in that particular teaching. Do the right things and you will naturally be blessed and your rewards found in the here after.

new topics

top topics

join