It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back Again Or The Wraith Returns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hello.
I used to frequent ATS in the early 2000s.
I've slept since then so....
My name was WraithAscendent, I think?
I think I misspelled Wraith as well...
Then I left for a while and came back as WatcherInTheShadows, then real life had me wandering off again.

Anyway.
Hello.
Hope all is well with you.
Looking forward to discussing stuff.

edit on 11/8/2023 by UtIntusSicForis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UtIntusSicForis

I like to discuss stuff. Cool avatar.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: firstofAkhet

Excellent.
I look forward to a dialogue.
Thanks!
H.R. Giger is one of my favorite artists.

Into Egyptian mythology?
edit on 11/8/2023 by UtIntusSicForis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Yes it is geiger-y.

I have my own take on it all you could say. I look forward to a dialogue too in however that might happen.
edit on 11-8-2023 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: firstofAkhet

If you're willing to convey your take on it I'd be more than happy to read it.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Well I suppose I can convey here the basic rundown if you'd excuse the fact that it will be peppering your introductions thread. ..

More or less the framework of the mythology and what stemmed from it was one of the earliest patterns of a succinct and intricate system of concepts that had moving pieces and was a far cry from what you might call animism, so my take is that it "encapsulates" because before then man had energy and a will that flowed from one thing to the next and so here is this big system of moving parts that more or less ramps up the concept of awareness upon immediate reception.

So it is a respect for that as the thing that does, and yes it finds itself into various systems of thought that one might call attention to or run into. It finds itself within the framework of hermeticism, and many of the tenets of masonry are gleaned from at least the imagery of such in its westernized form. But I am largely not looking at this from that angle.

If anything you could say it is a respect for the mechanics and what it was and so there are almost two angles. One is that anyone familiar with obscure metal will have come in contact with the rudimentary but consumable imagery that is kind of present of this occasional subject matter ham handed though it might be. And another is completely the opposite, your really basic historical review that one might peruse like a film on the art and some of the events maybe some of the early beliefs..

So more or less two different things. I have applied no religion although if you get enough into the history there are some concepts that are pretty interesting. Obscure texts that would fit into a ghost album. ....

So that is pretty much about it. I guess you can sum it up with the expression "it encapsulates." Like something that is a framework that finds itself into so many references does you know? .

new topics

top topics

join