It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The path to self-control.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   

The fruits of the Spirit are nine character traits that are imparted to believers. They are the evidence that a person has the Spirit of God living inside and ruling over them. The phrase "fruit of the Spirit" comes from Galatians 5:22-232. The nine fruits of the Spirit are12:

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

So becoming God's you are capable of these things.

For those on the search these are the things to find for yourself and these are the only things that last.

This is to understand from the Bible.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:57 AM
link   
To understand the path of life, one must take that path with the above.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The most powerful, impacting and what the ??? teaching I gave gotten from Jesus is that of forgiveness. He made it look like a strength more than a weakness that the war hawks crave.

First time I heard Jesus said forgiveness is a good thing was hard to accept, it was in conflict with everything else I have been taught and experienced. I always forgave my family, but to find that for anyone else was tough, especially when they done you wrong. You have to stand up and fight, hold your ground or else everyone else is just going to exploit and walk all over you. It does not matter if you win or lose, at least you tried. Other bullies will look for softer targets.

When caught up in the heat of the moment, do what you have too in defense or yourself or others. Once the dust settles and things cool down again, how do we live with these unresolved issues? Years later we know it was not fair and it eats at us somewhere deep inside, still want to fight. It gets that anger churning.

I tried forgiveness for one of those issues a while back. It felt like taking off a heavy backpack after a long day. I don't know if I fully forgive these days, aware of the risk. Having a moment when seeing that person as part of my family, getting in there head as for what life is like for them. It helps in finding some peace and self control.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
bloody accident
edit on 10-8-2023 by firstofAkhet because: get to it later ,"..,

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

The fruits of the Spirit are nine character traits that are imparted to believers. They are the evidence that a person has the Spirit of God living inside and ruling over them. The phrase "fruit of the Spirit" comes from Galatians 5:22-232. The nine fruits of the Spirit are12:

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

So becoming God's you are capable of these things.

For those on the search these are the things to find for yourself and these are the only things that last.

This is to understand from the Bible.

Don't need "GOD" to have these character traits.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Never. That's just an opinion implying the impossible.

top topics

join