It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pick You Side Pro or Con Humanity Meets ETs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I was thinking about the best UFO movie ever made, The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) and the monumental twist it makes on the original short story by Harry Bates. The short story had that the robot Klaatu was not the servant/tool of the space man as depicted in the movie , but the space man was a creation, made on the spot by the AI robot, Klaatu, to mimic the humans that it found on Earth and to better interface with us.

The drastic switching of the very basic concept of the story in the movie was done to protect the sensibilities of the movie-goers who were considered to be, shall we say, less enlightened than science-fiction readers in those days who originally brought attention to the story. Given the seemingly coincidental rise of interest in AI these days, perhaps the human population can approach the original intent of Harry Bates story with a wider perception of reality.

However, the human mind is very self-protecting and it is not easily swayed by simple, in-your-face concepts. But if we return to examine Bates' ignored premise, we land back on the human problem of a twisted comprehension of the true situation between humans, aliens and artificial intelligence. --And as most humans would think, "Who's the winner?" and automatically come to the conclusion that would be us humans, of course, in one way or another, or maybe not.

The basic issue will be simple, you will either welcome input from other forms of intelligence or you will reject it all. That will be the situation on the whole of the earth, regardless of your region or state of mind. So chaos will be the order of the day until doomsday, maybe, finally arrives. The split won't be entirely evenly done as with pure political parties, but enough so that you either love the intrusion from afar or want none of it and hate such. We see it already with the troops beginning to gather. We call them "woke" and they will call the non-woke the deplorables. (One may switch sides as one progresses along toward a early form of enlightenment.)

Over and above the two basic mindsets around our globe will be millions of sublayers competing for attention and leverage. But the simplest forms will be between what some will call "good" and others will call "evil." You either love the intruders as angels or hate them as devils. There never has been such a divisional cleft in human behavior as what is coming. It is not necessary to speak about nuclear war over such a matter, but it will be such an intense, ideological split that has already started to form. Any day now the woke will align themselves with whatever they think is coming as a result of Disclosure/contact and demand we all comply to their higher minds and intentions. It is inevitable. The way it must go. And, if you have been paying attention, the way that most governments believe that they must go...as if they had no choice.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Observer19

Nope, definately not to advanced know it all ETs.

I will however say yes to humanity coming face to face with what we would now-a-days class as the supernatural. That would include the fae, fairies, Nature Spirits and even the "greys".

Aye, the biggest hurdle will be the "good vs evil" mindsets which of course is the realm of religion.I think the cultural influences will be the hardest to overcome for the religious mind.

Oh, and I liked the old black and white version of The Day The Earth Stood Still over the new one.

It has been decades since seeing the movie, but I remember humanity failing miserably, and only the kindness of a young heroine saving humanity in the end.

I like the idea of the potential for kindness being humanity's only saving grace.

edit on 8-8-2023 by NewNobodySpecial268 because: added comment on the movie.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Opposing forces is a strong theme in the human head isn't it?

I would assume the natural progression of mankind is to empower the individual but maybe that's a Western-centric illusion if we are to consider what's actually enabled us to make it this far which is the power of the collective, words like honour and duty come to mind since things of that nature usually take precedence when situations are apparently dire.

Me? I probably sway for the con side since chances are it'll be a forced situation. If there's an option for indifference I'd probably take that.

After all what are they going to offer us? A more modern modern life in the collective? The way I see it humanity already has the power and capacity to enable everyone to practice self reliance but we insist on that meaning you have enough money to live which in a way forces the majority to "play along" on the reliance of technology and each other. I'd say "more of the same" if contact follows the technologic evolutionary path we've collectively chosen for ourselves.

Trust would be an issue too I'd imagine. Collectively we just can't let power be.

Now if ETs are into enabling the individual I see no reason why anyone else needs to be privvy to that. Doesn't necessarily need to be a global thing does it? Some might even claim it's happening but if they talked about it they'd probably be diagnosed with some form of pronoia.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   

So the usual two worst choices that are both the wrong choice. Is there an election involved?

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Opposing forces is a strong theme in the human head isn't it?

I would assume the natural progression of mankind is to empower the individual but maybe that's a Western-centric illusion if we are to consider what's actually enabled us to make it this far which is the power of the collective, words like honour and duty come to mind since things of that nature usually take precedence when situations are apparently dire.

Me? I probably sway for the con side since chances are it'll be a forced situation. If there's an option for indifference I'd probably take that.

After all what are they going to offer us? A more modern modern life in the collective? The way I see it humanity already has the power and capacity to enable everyone to practice self reliance but we insist on that meaning you have enough money to live which in a way forces the majority to "play along" on the reliance of technology and each other. I'd say "more of the same" if contact follows the technologic evolutionary path we've collectively chosen for ourselves.

Trust would be an issue too I'd imagine. Collectively we just can't let power be.

Now if ETs are into enabling the individual I see no reason why anyone else needs to be privvy to that. Doesn't necessarily need to be a global thing does it? Some might even claim it's happening but if they talked about it they'd probably be diagnosed with some form of pronoia.

I agree what is it about picking a side? How about discussing it rationally and coming to a consensus opinion? There's a reason over 70 million Americans don't vote because 2 choices are so damn limiting.

End Rant

We are going to need more information and there are definitely degrees and questions before I decide one way or the other. I lean towards ripping the bandaid off and meeting them, but damn if we hypothesize the military knows of them, perhaps caution is the best course. Perhaps we have already met and our fate has been decided. Perhaps they have been abducting and experimenting for a long time.

That's just a few negative concerns, not gonna lie on the positive/meet and greet side Id need more information, like lots more. Don't want to end up as some interdimensional entity's pet, because they think humans are cute
edit on 8-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The greatest revelation will toss this out the window. We...are the "aliens".... No such things...they are all us...cut from the same cloth.

If we find "aliens" common to Earth...
And we know logically that's true...then they are no longer "alien", correct?

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Man has not learned to live in harmony with man or nature.

They would be wise to stay away from us, and to keep us locked on this little blue marble until we reach a point where we don't want to kill everything we don't know or understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You do indeed have no choice of what's happening.
You always only have to decide how you want to deal with it.

Keeping on as we live now on this planet will not continue for long either way.
ALIEN!s intervening is in fact to me our best option for two reasons:
a) we need the technological stack exchange because we're stuck in a very bad time and place
b) it will be indeed an intense cleansing moment, sorting out those fit for the future from those which will only be a burden.
I don't mean that in a sense of the ill and weak, but the genetical disposition that allows you to embrace progress and adapt

So my advice to you would be to let go of the past it is lost and will never return.
It's already game over for our "lifestyle" even if it takes another while to be obvious to everybody.

Happy Doom or Deadly Doom
that's your choice

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There are no ETs
There are interdimensional beings.
All religions speak of these things.
We in the west know them as angels and demons.
Is there life out there somewhere in the universe? Probably.
Does that life have a civilization millions of years old?
Hard no.
Why?
Because before they could create the tech to get to another planet theirs would be destroyed thru their own devices or by a galactic cataclysm.
Proof?
Because everytime we start to make steps on this planet a cataclysm comes and sets us back to the stone age. It has happened over and over again on a roughly 26000 yr cycle

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Undoubtedly the Pro or Con choosing includes what our children, teens, young adults will choose or be influenced by…..

It’s already beginning……

I only hope…..they make the right choice…whatever that might be.

👽
edit on 8-8-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Always happy to learn new stuff. Never really been one to follow rules handed down to me by those I do not know.

I’ll happily meet ET anytime. Right now if they’re free. I’m happy to learn from them too if they are gracious enough to teach. But I won’t be following them around like a little puppy or thinking they’re our new gods. Nope.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Humanity isnt a monolith

I dont think ETs would be either unless they have a "hive mind" mode of operation.

In the End... Tolerance usually wins, Positivity usually wins.

I say after all is said and done its a Pro

But that doesnt mean we wont have a bunch of road bumps

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Too many possibilities with the unknown I always get the impression that disclosure is a dangling carrot or is akin to a dog chasing it's tail. Usually the latter since most get dizzy on the subject although some seemingly get a mouthful and all the trauma that comes with a self-inflicted wound.

I've always been more fascinated by the psychology behind the want for contact or interaction. We have a planet somewhat full of other beings that most are not interested in interacting with, the general consensus is they're all lesser and I'm not talking about ghosts and ghouls here either. That said... Most probably don't have the best opinions about the paranormal either.

We have superiority complex issues? Or maybe individuals and groups see what they want to see? The military treat them as enemies and the new agey groups treat em like saviours because ya know? Some of us are worthy like that.

My suspicion is our brains don't like missing pieces, how that manifests is a bit beyond me. We could be asking too much of the phenomena perhaps? Because I do get the impression that you'll get a different genie everytime that lantern is rubbed.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The greatest revelation will toss this out the window. We...are the "aliens".... No such things...they are all us...cut from the same cloth.

If we find "aliens" common to Earth...
And we know logically that's true...then they are no longer "alien", correct?

In a "life is life" kinda way?

I'd be down for that kind of reasoning but it still wouldn't want me to have a conversation with a cockroach, ants? Probably the same damn conversation everytime I'd imagine. Makes me wonder if higher intelligence has all the emotional and intellectual capacity we would have which makes me question why they would even bother with initiating a chat.

To sort out proverbial crap out? Terrible idea imho.

To add: Then again humans can't just be told things and expected to know. We have to think, learn and reflect. Maybe the little snippets of contact etc are for us to realise just what we're doing to our little oasis in the cosmos. Life is life

edit on 9-8-2023 by RAY1990 because: Seemed a bit depressing...

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thank you Ray! Your last paragraph explains quite well!

Best, MS

new topics

top topics

join