It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat CA Gov NEWSOM to Debate Republican FL Gov DESANTIS in November 2023.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thank-you so much for the summary of the debate!

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Last summer before I moved out of Cali, they made their announcement no more gas cars.
That same evening we had power outages and they told us not to charge our electric vehicles lol
Truly a clown state.

I’m stuck here. No arguments here about clowns. And most of the residents major in clown school

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   
DeSantis shows "poop map". The areas of San Francisco filled with Human (and Rat?) Feces.

Source: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Question 1: Migration

DeSantis went right for the birthday party.

Newsom, would you answer the damn question? What is your response to why people leave California? Just say it! It's too EXPENSIVE. People are moving because it's too expensive.

Politifact says: More Floridians move to California than vice versa. But Ron won the point.

DeSantis 1 - Newsom 0

Question 2: Taxes

This one is funny. Florida has a higher poverty rate by far, and greater wealth inequality.

Oh why did you have to go and pimp for Biden's Job Creation, which is a fallacy.

Debate-wise, you lost. I even agree with higher taxes and you lost pimping fallacy on this one, Gavin.

DeSantis 2 - Newsom 0

Question 3: Unemployment/Job Creation

And it's about covid... And who kept their Disney park open. Oh LOOK HOW WE BOTH DID ON OUR COVID DEATH RATES. But what about unemployment rates? Their really low. Lowest they've been in decades, right?

Ron was pro vaccine, pro lock down, pro everything until that became a party issue. All true.

This is funny. This covid back and forth. Lol.

If you're an economist, using standard metrics, Newsom is killing him on this one. And I prefer democrat economic policy (taxes)

DeSantis 2 - Newsom 1

Question 4: Immigration

Numbers dropped. 1.7 million gotaways.

Ron didnt support amnesty, Gavin. He voted against Security and Immigration Reform Act (H.R. 6136). You did lie.

But he did support a few that could be considered indirect support under Obama.

And again with the birthday party.

And that is screwed up to lie to them for a political stunt and then eventually drop them at a Sacremento, California Home Depot parking lot.

But it worked.

And now, there really is a 14B dollar border plan. The aforementioned stunt may have something to do with that.

But that's a new thing for democrats so...

DeSantis 3 - Newsom 1

Question 5: Crime

We also have the most car accidents, Ron.

Homicide Rates in 2023:

Florida: 9.7/100k #19
California 8.8/100k #26

Actually California does have the better crime rate.

We're not leaving in droves anymore. That reversed in 2023 in several cities. We are not facing a crime ridden reality. People just don't like our politics. And LA murders are down 22% In 2023.

Highest murder rates are almost always red states. But we're leaving in droves! Favorite point he has. Crime is fine here.

DeSantis 3 - Newsom 2

Question 6: Parental Rights

Don't say gay!

What a #ing lead-in softball question to kiss Florida's policies ass, Hannity. Impartial my ass.

"Using education as a sword for your cultural purge"

Sorry but, ❤️❤️❤️! Exactly.

Wow, they didn't let Newsom defend that attack by DeSantis. I want to know what how he responds to minor sexchange tourism. Seems like a point he wants to defend... nevermind Fox is moving on...

BS. Fox. LGBT bias from me.

DeSantis 3 - Newsom 3

Question 7: Education

California Kids are stupid as #. Florida kids really are smarter. Except the Universities. Now Back to covid. Blaming Biden. Yes, we are a union state. But DeSantis made the better point on that short question..

DeSantis 4 - Newsome 3

Oh here we go.

Question 8: Abortion

Why are you afraid to say it, Gavin?

You can only affirm you support 3rd trimester abortion through euphemism of "I support the decision of the doctor and her mother in rare circumstances?"

I support that to, avoided answer nonetheless. Just say yes, and let them twist it.

Science says: Fetal heartbeats are involuntary nerve impulse (electrical signal) in the lump of cells that become the circulatory system.

And Newsom can use all my tax money he wants (265 million this year) to fund those wicked abortions.

6 weeks is BS anyway, 57% of Ohio agrees with Newsom too.

And abortions performed past 30 weeks account for 0.0 nationally. Not even enough to register a tenth of a percentage.

They put Newsom on blast to answer and he wouldn't play.

Another bias point awarded.

DeSantis 4 - Newsom 4

Lightning Round:

Those answers were all as expected. Better stop this, right Fox? Newsom is killing him again.

DeSantis 4 - Newsom 5

Question 9: Oil

I hate energy crap. What is greedy oil vs greedy green bull#? I support a SELF-SUSTAINING AMERICAN ENERGY industry, and if that means drilling Alaska or switching to hydrogen, so be it.

But this is on the debate, trying to avoid personal opinions. Though we will have Internal Combustion until 2035 for new vehicles. Misleading from Ron.

And I hate EV's and climate crap so another bias point.

DeSantis 5 - Newsome 5

Question 10: Homelessness

Yeah what about homelessness?

Those really are freedoms, he's got you there.

How many times is Ron gonna bring up people moving?

You know birthrates are also way down. That doesn't get brought up though. From 110 per 1000 women aged 25-29 to 70 per 1000. In 2021. That keeps falling too. No one wants kids. Families leave. Young people move here and get dogs.

But that's not this issue.

The San Fransisco # map was good. The counter "You're a bully" thing was also good. Point Ron. Law and Order does better with homelessness.

DeSantis 6 - Newsom 5

Question 11: Israel

On the issue, they both said the right thing. And then bitched at each other... tie.

DeSantis 7 - Newsom 6

Question 12: China

Ron is right, they are our number one foe. All Gavin does kiss their ass. But gavin is right, Ron pandered for Chinese money too. And there they go again...

True, Newsom did call out China for drugs and the Uyghurs, diplomatically. But Newsom didn't say anything negative like they're not turning the world against us. He deflected again.

They both deflected a lot. Final point, Ron, because it appears China owns Newsom.

Final Score: DeSantis 8 - Newsom 6

I guess that's it. And the final score. I really am a libertarian...

DeSantis wins with the weaker debate kung-fu. He flailed and still won. Which is hilarious.

Newsom debates better. But Ron beat him on my arbitrary point awarding, all non conservatives would say Newsom slaughtered him, and vice versa. I do feel Newsom gave Trump and Haley a bump.

And pretty much just assured Trump the Republican nomination.

That was fun. I want to see Trump v. Newsom
edit on 1-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
What a dumb move on DeSantis' part. I get what he's trying to do. First by trying to get Harris to debate him and now this.

He's trying salvage his failing campaign and he thinks debating someone on the Left will get him some good press from Right Wing media. But a good soundbite isn't enough to reverse course on his campaign while a poor performance will mark the end of his campaign before we even get to the primaries.

Regardless of whether you think he won or he lost, it seems to be a consensus that DeSantis had a poor showing. He did no favors for his campaign and petty much put the final nail in its coffin.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

originally posted by: Threadbare
What a dumb move on DeSantis' part. I get what he's trying to do. First by trying to get Harris to debate him and now this.

He's trying salvage his failing campaign and he thinks debating someone on the Left will get him some good press from Right Wing media. But a good soundbite isn't enough to reverse course on his campaign while a poor performance will mark the end of his campaign before we even get to the primaries.

Regardless of whether you think he won or he lost, it seems to be a consensus that DeSantis had a poor showing. He did no favors for his campaign and petty much put the final nail in its coffin.
I’ll still take DeSantis over a arrogant, narcissistic and pompous globalist that’s destroyed and turned what use to be one of the best states in the country into a cesspool. I lived there for many years back in the 80’s and 90’s. It had its issues back then but still a decent place to live for the most part. You couldn’t pay me to live there now. Newsom is just anoter cloned puppet like JT in Canada.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
hahahhahaa CNN doing CNN things.

Pretty sure Vivek and Trump won that one again.

edit on 321231America/ChicagoFri, 01 Dec 2023 12:32:12 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join