It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic consciousness by Robert Bucke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This thread is to discuss the documented ''divine-illuminations'' numerous people have experienced perhaps from the beginning of time. It is also to discuss why these experiences happen to some and not others. It is also to discuss avenues to said experiences. All thoughts are welcome - Perhaps it's all BS and that mankind has no higher spiritual capacities?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.amazon.com...

Mystics-sages-yogis-shamans-seers-rishis-saints-illuminates-etc penetrated deep into 'the mystery' often-times later attempting to share to other humans that the same is accessible through cultivating the will-desire to know 'God' on such a level.

I'll say this: There is a path of down-out-horizontality. There is likewise a path of in-up-verticality.

The Bible suggests that narrow is the path that ''leads to Truth'', few walk it. Contrastly broad is the path that ''leads to Destruction'', most walk it.

Seekers today have a much harder time due to obvious reasons. Few have had spontaneous illuminative experiences without engaging in any sort of spiritual-practices. Few have had profound NDEs giving rise to spontaneously activated ''gifts'' such as clairvoyance, esp, psychokinesis etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

You could gift a person a computer, but if they'd never seen one before and didn't believe all the things they're rumored to be capable of, they wouldn't be able to use it.

Same with 'sixth' sense capabilities; if you don't believe in them they won't be of any use.

There's a sharp learning curve in learning to use complex things, especially when all the 'guide books' are so conflicting.

Those who believe in such abilities have often experienced things the non-believers likely never will.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think most of it is BS. Perhaps not all of it though.

One path is through suffering and despair.

Meister Eckhart once said that all prayer is movement away from God because it is born of desire. The best prayer then is just to bring God closer to oneself.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have been researching along this type of thought for a while now.
I find it extremely fascinating, how many, belief systems come to the same conclusion, with so many paths, yet a few of the most popular, are the most "extreme".
Oversimplified a bit by me.

But if you look at the really big picture, including new findings in quantum physics (which I barely can grasp), science proving more and more types of energy everywhere and ancient cultures that seem to know, what science is just now proving, I believe we do have a "soul".
Which for me, means there is some type of the divine source.
The problem is the above belief systems. It shouldn't be "mine is the only correct way".
Religion just gets in the way of spirituality.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
some people practice and try to reach higher or expanded states of consciousness, and succeed.
Some people think its all BS, they hide themselves behind a wall of illusion, they don't try, they are arrogant and "know better" and never glimpse the truth until its far too late...

Beatles nailed it years ago

We were talking - about the space between us all
And the people - who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse of truth - then it's far too late - when they pass away
We were talking - about the love we could all share - when we find it
To try our best to hold it there - with our love
With our love - We could save the world - if they only knew
Try to realize it's all within yourself no-one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small, and life flows on
wit-hin and wit-hout you
We were talking - about the love that's gone so cold and the people,
Who gain the world and lose their soul - then you may find,
pea-ce of mind, is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one, and life flows on within and without you

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The energy which constitutes your body has been around since the dawn of time. Is it possible there’s some kind of residual memory from all those transitions till your current incarnation? My experience says yes, although filtering through the confusion born from our selfish ego, blinds us to the truth.

edit on 6/7/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It took Judas just one moment of conscience to understand what he did to get to the tree. Nobody had to explain it to him.

We only need to try to be a good person. We all fail to follow the 10 commandments; Jesus knew it and came to make it simpler for us. We still failing it. Too hard.

Mysticism is a way to avoid responsibility over our reality. Clairvoyance is useless when you waste opportunities to help others today, right now.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   

very interesting video

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6/7/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have not read his book (thank you for link) but I do believe that his label of "Cosmic consciousness" does exist from personal experiences whilst practicing meditation. It seems our limited consciousness is segmented from the greater consciousness by varying degree's. When the segmentation is pierced, thoughts from others, family and friends, become our own thoughts. It felt strangely familiar, like arriving home again.

The segmentation itself is hardened by our desires to experience bliss in the material world. If we introspect all our desires and nullify them. The segmentation within consciousness will break down by its own accord.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   
if you meditate with your eyes closed one pointed on the breath right under the nose and above the lip not using eyes as a focus there; Such a thing is said to be kind of common in meditation after the inner dialog dies average duration until it appears about 20 minutes into it a light that can be like smoke, fire works, a ball. spider web, a jewel it is said this is formless and that it is a direct reflection of their mind. To practice stabilizing it the counter part of it's appearance is one stopped breathing but as soon as one grasps after it or breathe it will vanish.

Some practice until it is always with them whether their eyes are open or closed meditating or not.

Some see it of great benefit others like those that have practiced some form of it where there's a spinning ball of light between the eyes find it more distracting since they go on about life and it's not like it goes away once it's attained... the irony is it's intended to be the main focus to avoid distraction.

Since the biblical Jesus was born Chinese year of goat sticking to their own timeline? There is no narrower path than a goats.

edit on 6-7-2023 by Crowfoot because: sp

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheHiddenFoot

Possibly the greatest truth-telling of the last half of the twentieth century

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sanskrit is a Root/Mother language. English is a ''great-grand-daughter'' without the roots of its Mother.

The Rg Vedas as one example is tonetic, a hymn, a song. English translations are silly.

Sound/Frequency/Vibration. 3/6/9. Through it, great Secrets may be Revealed.

Imagine this: If all we think is in a 'language' without 'roots', what do you think the result will be?

Why are some of the brightest amongst us (Tesla for example) versed (pun intended) in Sanksrit, the Vedas?

Where did our iMag(us)ination go? ...our power...? Has it been 'stolen'? Where is the origin of the abeyance?

In closing, it has been said that particular Mantras are held with great secrecy as their powers are too great to be wielded by the foolish. This is very much so connected to the thoughts I am expressing here. By which power dormant is the capacity in you and me to move mountains into the sea???????? Certainly it is related to sound-frequency-vibration.... Giza Pyramids were certainly built by slaves (not pure thought)!

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yes why not filtering at all blinds?

We attempt using a “logic” about energy,
When our logic stops before the big bang

The fact that people see the universe as more of a machine than as a mind is the problem
a reply to: Grenade

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Just as Eckhart thought of prayer so did he about “just bring god closer”

“The eye through which I see god is the eye through which god sees me. My eye and gods eye are one eye. One seeing one knowing one love.”
-M.E.
“Closer” implies a separation, of which there is none.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So Basically the problem is that your Logic has separated all these “supernatural” capacities and “regular life” apart.

This is what the thinking mind does, so I don’t blame you.

When we think of “Miracles”, what we’re talking about is things we wish happening that aren’t unfolding with the Great Unfolding

But think,
Just a moment even of your mysteriously complex body, blinking here, a whirring inside of electricity, reading these words

Imagine the miraculous nature of just this!

So we’ve supplanted the miraculous nature of =just this existing alone!= with these “higher” ideas of “magical thinking”

As if THIS would prove to us s o m e thing.

The same
Goes for us born into a culture of “original sin” vs/ one of “basic goodness”
Like good consumers were always on the hunt for the next savior, whether it be religion OR science OR what have you.

We’re to buy what we don’t have.
And we wouldn’t have this urge unless we were convinced we were small. (Including by all the stories of the “Great Ones.”

So when you look out your eyes, wishing to move the thing on the table, maybe to make it wiggle a little so you can sense “the magic”, wonder just for a second what the HELL is looking out of your eyes and every set of eyes.

The problem is you’re all using dividing human concepts to try to reach for something more
Than them.

A many pronged tool trying to fit in a single keyhole.

You think you just POPPED into existence with the body? Just POP Out huh?

People think Logic is a starting ground. It’s only a tool. There is no center to the mind as it is a bunch of relative conception. Ideas are the children of a barren mother.

“If it weren’t for miracles, you wouldn’t believe.”

I hope you see your summation in dry logic about your lot is quite myopic. All of you.

What exists when you’re not thinking it into existence?
And you think Reality needs your ideas about it? Better to
Stop identifying with some silly little coat. It won’t wrap the stars inside.

reply to: livinglight108

edit on 8-7-2023 by Theuncutblock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
And yes,
Cosmic Consciousness experiences
[sober yes, driving, expanding out (all the way) to include all bugs cars planets swirling galaxies, hanging there an infinite time,….. then back to driving 🚗]
Breathless states in meditation
Levitation witnessed by a friend while in Pranayama
Healings/telepathic communication
Visiting all realms simultaneously
Being released in deep dreamless sleep to a centerless edgeless field of clear light
Seeing infinite Buddha-fields
Speaking with all ancestors at once
Beholding giant wheels of numbers (long count calendars, etc) where you’re AWARE OF MILLIONS OF
DIGITS around the circumference of the wheel ALL AT ONE TIME as it spins
Flying out to the sun (while normally driving), silently timelessly orbiting it, feeling and hearing its immensity behind my back, zooming then out in perspective and with blue cracking lines branching out connecting our sun to other stars, cracking like lightning as it expands out
(Then just returning to driving 😅)

I mean I’m just pouring from what’s on the top of my mind that I’ve “experienced”

Experienced (in the middle of a step) turning “within” in Vision, seeing a wave (“me”) collapse (into the substatum) & simultaneously beholding this perfect sphere that contained all possibilities that can ever be (and knowing that is what I was)
(Sober, ye

I mean.
Enlightenment is descriptive but not Prescriptive.

There is no “Path” from here to here
Even though you will appear to be on one.
It’s where the paths end, where the points of view converge to a single one and then that disappears, that you want to vie for.

Along the path to the top of the mountain you’ll see countless bodies of those who chose to take a stance along the way, to hold on to something.
In the beginning of the Yoga sutras it tells one to go right past all the “siddhis”, powers, to not get distracted but to go right beyond them.

To the source of siddhis
Mahasiddha “the siddhi of Perfection.”

Beyond all this “cool” spirituality and energy theorizing, there is an actual fundamental Reality. And it’s much more cool than cool.

The Great Perfection.

The truth of your marklessness. Of everything’s marklessness. Everything is “turiya” (the absence of objects)

Appearances are only so, friends.

So yes please dig deeper and more personally, and care less about the accounts of miracles of others. Find out for yourself. Only the Pearl diver dives deep enough. The rest stand on the shore and compare notes 🤣🤣🤣🌈💎🙌🏻⛅️

Peace ⛅️
a reply to: Theuncutblock

edit on 8-7-2023 by Theuncutblock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It is said that
Silence is the only prerequisite for knowing god

This is the “eye-of-the-needle” and is all to do with knowing yourself, as you really are.

Release all limiting identities and be free.
Silence is very simple. But simple things are difficult

Can you question all your identities? Even the ones you think are given? What do you know with absolute certainty? What is it that is midway between all things?

If it’s this “time” for you, and like writing on water the impressions lift,

You’ll find yourself as “nothing-special” 😉.

A circle is starting and beginning at EVERY point afterall. Finding yourself as nothing-special, you’ll walk the universe alone.

I’m sorry friends, but this is a gift much more valuable than telekinesis. Greater than the greatest good is to
Know what you are.

Formlessness.

“Space” was your first notion.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Theuncutblock

See you at the mountain, Uncle Block !

Sitting in the bath yesterday, caught a glimpse of being nothing but the seeing.

The water, my legs and feet, the faucets, and the tiles : were all just being dreamt.

The words came : " I am just dreaming. "

Many members here have had experiences of the cosmic-one, or whatever, but just don't write about it everyday, in every thread.

Search some of the older threads in this sub-forum.

top topics

join