It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Process Representation Is BS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not long ago, I posted a thread discussing the need to amend or just flat out repeal the 17th Amendment of the constitution.

Amend the 17th amendment

It was a lively discussion that eventually ran on for 7 pages. Considering that I posted this thread and am in 100% favor of repealing this amendment, no argument posted against its repeal made much sense to me. Most of these comments proclaimed that we are a democracy, bla, bla bla. In fact, we are not a democracy but use a democratic process to elect our representatives in government.

After consideration, this has to be the most asinine ways to form a governing body. Absolutely asinine. To prove this point, all one has to do is to look at the representation we have selected to govern us over the last30 or 40 years. We now have a geriatric president that has to be led by the hand everywhere he goes and is so corrupt, he has spent his entire political career deceiving, lying to, stealing from and just flat out committing treason against this nation and citizens thereof.

The same can be said for most of the members of The House of Representatives and Senators we have selected over the years. And once they get elected, it's virtually impossible to get rid of them. Feinstein, Pelosi, Swalwell, Shiff, Nadler, the braindead Pensylvania sent to congress this past election and on and on. And the political criminals are not just on the democratic side of the aisle, either. There are republican members that are just as corrupt as those on the democratic side.

I have come to conclude, we the people are either just far too politically ignorant of the politicians we select, just flat out deceived by their charisma and silver tonged persuasion, or just far too stupid to elect honest and competent representation.

Don't ask me what we can do to better select our leaders, because I surely do not know, but I do know at this point, democracy is a total failure and does not work.

edit on 6-7-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Perhaps the DC crew doesn't want that changed and it would be up to them to change it. The corrupt have corrupted the process in so many ways. The people supposedly representing us are just using us to get installed into the corruption.
Repealing the 17th is as likely to happen as dissolving the FED or getting term limits for congress. They exist to keep the corruption enriching those in the club. The useful, for now, idiots.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

The new orange is giving delusional lunatics "a voice and inclusion". We had gatekeepers, backstops and common sense to keep that portion of our society in check so that the inmates weren't allowed to run the asylum.

Now, we have these same delusional lunatics heading up and overseeing the most important facets of our government and agencies. Look at the "guidance" the CDC just released for breastfeeding men. 😳

Psychotically idiotic.

Stolen elections have severe consequences.... even for those that think they're on the winning side.

The leaders we need reside in us all. Can't have that though, hence this all out assault on our unity as a citizenry.

I mean FFS, this "administration" is purposely allowing our enemies to pour across our borders!!! To poison our citizens and traffic humans practically unabated!!

And people will vote for more of this......and more of this......and more of this....

SMH.

/r

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleJake

Don't ask me what we can do to better select our leaders, because I surely do not know, but I do know at this point, democracy is a total failure and does not work.

That is exactly what Putin says. If you say you do not know what the alternative is, then what is your point?

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You sure put a lot of faith in the integrity of our elections.

Not me.

Job one is to clean up the election process so that we can have confidence in the process. Then we can worry about getting the best candidates in office.

ETA:

democracy is a total failure and does not work.

Hence the reason our founding fathers soundly rejected democracy and gave us a republic. If we can keep it.
edit on 6-7-2023 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have come to conclude, we the people are either just far too politically ignorant of the politicians we select, just flat out deceived by their charisma and silver tonged persuasion, or just far too stupid to elect honest and competent representation.

All of the above.

new topics

top topics

join