It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Mess With The Arkansas State Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Considering that there is not much on Friday and Saturday night TV, I have been watching "On Patrol Live" quite a bit lately. Some of their crimes of the night feature the Arkansas State Police in action. I have also watched a lot of YouTube videos featuring the Arkansas State Police chasing down criminals, mostly in and around the Little Rock area, but basically statewide.
Dodge must be building some badass automobiles because most of the vehicles the ASP runs down and pits are Dodge Chargers, Challengers and Ford Mustangs. The ASP don't even bat an eye executing 150 mile an hour chases and pitting vehicles running 85+.

So, if you are traveling interstate 30 or 40 through Arkansas, you had better drive the speed limit and stay in your own lane.

If you like real action thrillers, check out ASP on YouTube.

These cops have brass in their britches.

edit on 25-6-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

LOL -- I thought I was the only one!!!

I've had a lot of time to do nothing lately, and got hooked on watching police chases. Arkansas are absolutely the best!!! Those are some real badasses down there. I was shocked the first time I saw them pit a car going over 40. I think the guy was doing about 80 or 85. Exciting stuff!

It's definitely more fun watching with someone though... I got my husband hooked on them too.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
The ones I posted are some of the more tame videos I have watched. I just didn't take the time to pick through all of them.

Right you are. The Arkansas State Police are badass. They don't quit very often.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Oh no! I don't recall any where they've had to give up on the guy. I hope I never see any of those. I like believing they're 100 for 100!

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Good to know.

I'm rolling out of Texarkana in the morning with 400 cases of Coors.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Trooper Jacob Byrd is a legend in the world of pitting. I've come to the conclusion that nobody stops for the ASP. And the undfeated Charger is still undefeated. It's a black Charger R/T that embarasses anyone trying to stop that car. Once the driver blacks out and hits 170 mph, it's all over, turn off the lights and siren. As an aside, I grew up in Ypsilanti, Michigan and this kind of stuff was normal back in the 70s.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

He is the baddest of the badasses there, for sure. He is featured in a large portion of these videos.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Seems the Arkansas Highway Patrol are at least as sociopathic as the speeders. They're endangering themselves nearly as much as the pursued, and are likely making the pursued speed even worse, endangering other drivers. Extreme speed pursuits came to an end in California after a few incidents involving fatalities of innocent bystanders.

Don't they have spike strips to use?

And if you got their license plate #, you can stake out their residence. Better yet, use a drone to follow them and catch them at their destination.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Yeah they got spike strips but on a freeway with everyone hauling at 150 +, you have no opportunity to set them up let alson pulld them before the pursuit goes by.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Aa reply to: LittleJake

I did my share when I was young and dumb. I remain undefeated as well. Man, do I have some war stories. I outran Washtenaw country deputies in the General Lee one night.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I just moved to NW Arkansas from South Florida and so far I can say driving around here is a dream compared to SF. Of course I don't speed much and on the closest highway to me which is I-49 I rarely see anyone going more then 5-10 over. reply to: LittleJake

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

Seems the Arkansas Highway Patrol are at least as sociopathic as the speeders. They're endangering themselves nearly as much as the pursued, and are likely making the pursued speed even worse, endangering other drivers. Extreme speed pursuits came to an end in California after a few incidents involving fatalities of innocent bystanders.

Don't they have spike strips to use?

And if you got their license plate #, you can stake out their residence. Better yet, use a drone to follow them and catch them at their destination.

Was going to say the exact same thing. This is reckless. The cops are as bad if not worse than the speeders. Zero professionalism with this approach, IMO.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
some places are doing away with high speed chases for safety reasons. understandable.

problem is they run across someone with dope or illegal gun and the bad guy runs away and tosses the problem articles so later they got nothing.

I've seen a few clips where they found the tossed gun on the side of the road. look, kids.

saw one where a bad guy drove crazy and led the cops to his apartment building. he ran out his car and tossed his junk in the yard and his friends recovered it. (losers)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Definitely something about them thar hot springs folks, lol..

I've been watching these chase videos for a while now and the constant I see repeated, like it's policy, is that they're not afraid to rub paint with a fleeing vehicle. They have no problem wrecking their car to stop a suspect!

The lady suspected of DWI, that took a dump right in front of a Arkansas Trooper right on the side of the highway, was a interesting video! Lol

Wild stuff

edit on 6/26/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes. I freaking love these channels.

If you watch car chases on YouTube suggestions for the Arkansas State Troopers always make an appearance.

Just watched this one a few days ago...

He was totally cool despite knowing he was going to find drug things... And she wins her stupid prize almost instantly.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wanted to come back and post a video we watched recently about new and developing technology for ending police chases. I couldn't find the video I was thinking of, but did find a few of the examples in the video to share.

This Grapplr was developed by a guy in Arizona, and is starting to be used in Arizona --

New York is using a dart launched into the fleeing vehicle for tracking --

Here's a remote controlled spike strip --

edit on 26-6-2023 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah....Naw
They don't call off.
The dreaded blacked out Charger R/T baits them and then he gone...
I think he's smoked them 9-10 times.
If they ever catch him it will be carnage.

top topics

join