It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Stepping Down As Twitter CEO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dCh0p

What she might do is speculation. Her history is undeniable.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Have any of you realized that all Musk wants to do is troll you? It should be super obvious at this point with his CEO pick. The only way it could be more trolly is if he appointed The Fauch instead.

edit on 12-5-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hope she's hawt!

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hope she's hawt!

She is 60 years old and a force to be reckoned with, so that depends on what you consider hawt.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Well, looks like Elon is stepping down as Twitter CEO.

good, concentrate on no more rapid unintended rocket disassemblies

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Have any of you realized that all Musk wants to do is troll you? It should be super obvious at this point with his CEO pick. The only way it could be more trolly is if he appointed The Fauch instead.

I have thought the same thing for a while.
Musk has even said he totally agrees and will comply with the EU's new strict rules, governing Social-Media platforms.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A $40B+ trolling. Haha, he sure showed me.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I was wondering if this lady is being set up to fail. Musk knows that Twitter's user base will hate her, so when she is inevitably rejected Musk will toss her out and then step back in as CEO himself.
edit on 12-5-2023 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I was wondering if this lady is being set up to fail. Musk knows that Twitter's user base will hate her, so when she is inevitably rejected Musk will toss her out and then step back in as CEO himself.

Will they? Or will the ones that hate her be the ones who were just fawning all over Musk recently?

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

what's 40 bill when you have.. what's he have, 800?

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emit1

originally posted by: yeahright

what's 40 bill when you have.. what's he have, 800?

ggogle says he's lost 200 to sit at 180..what a nub

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Does she come with a babble fish.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hmmm, nah. It seems super obvious (to me) that he wants a strong credible SME from every department sitting at the same table together. That means reaching across the aisle and shaking hands like a big boy. Audacious yet visionary, true to form.

edit on 14-5-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So apparently part of the impetus for Elon to step down is that he planned to offset the loss of income from advertisers with Twitter Blue subscribers. Specifically he projected 69 million subscribers by 2025. There's currently less than a million subscribers.

Now, let's discuss Elon's censorship. Based on numbers reported by Twitter, prior to Elon taking over, Twitter only complied with around 50% of government demands.

Since Elon took over, this number has jumped to 100%.

Yesterday, a message appeared on Twitter that certain posts had been removed at the request of the Turkish government. Those posts were made by President Erdogan's competitor in the next election. That election took place today.

Elon is not a defender of free speech.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Sources?

🔎🤨

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Dbl post

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's one source for one claim. For clarity, let me recap your remarks:

❌Specifically he projected 69 million subscribers by 2025. There's currently less than a million subscribers

❌Prior to Elon taking over, Twitter only complied with around 50% of government demands. Since Elon took over, this number has jumped to 100%

âś… Censorship around Turkey elections

I pulled the following from your linked article, which I was unable to read all the way through because it requires my information:

The move is in response to legal process and aimed at ensuring the platform remains available in Turkey, according to a post by Twitter’s Global Government Affairs account. The account holders affected were informed, Twitter said, adding that the content will remain available in the rest of the world.

From another source:

Twitter CEO Elon Musk defended the censorship on Saturday in a tweet to commentator Matt Yglesias, who joked that there would eventually be “Twitter Files” reporting about the incident.

“Did your brain fall out of your head, Yglesias? The choice is have Twitter throttled in its entirety or limit access to some tweets. Which one do you want?” Musk tweeted.

www.forbes.com...

Which is something Turkey absolutely has the power to do. Block Twitter and punish its citizens for using the platform. Ain't nothing USA can do about it. Elon made a tough but rational decision to preserve audience participation in the long game.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Now, let's discuss Elon's censorship. Based on numbers reported by Twitter, prior to Elon taking over, Twitter only complied with around 50% of government demands.
Since Elon took over, this number has jumped to 100%.

Again, I'll ask you for any credible source proving your
ridiculous claim.

I'm not on twitter, not thrilled with his CEO choice
but to make things up out of thin air just makes
one look silly, paranoid or biased.

"Some" of Turkey's demands were met. That
doesn't add up to 100 % censorship on all fronts.

Come on man....

edit on 14-5-2023 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join