It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train Derails Into Mississippi River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ferryville, Wisconsin

Train derails and cars fall into The Mississippi River !!!!

Supposedly no Hazardous Materials.

Burlington Northern Santa Fe

WI Governor says he's keeping an eye on the situation (Wheewwww what a relief!) 😎

ditditditditditditditdit...........
Train Derails Into Mississippi River

According to Representative Derrick Van Orden (R-Wis.), a freight train has derailed on Thursday near Ferryville, Wisconsin, south of the Lansing Bridge.

NEW: (1/3) My staff was just made aware of a train derailment in our District south of the Lansing Bridge in Ferryville.

β€” Rep. Derrick Van Orden Press Office (@RepVanOrden) April 27, 2023
Lena Kent, Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) general director of public affairs, stated that the toppled locomotives that went into the Mississippi River were non-hazardous and do not pose a risk to the river.

β€œTwo of the three locomotives and an unknown number of cars carrying freight of all kinds were involved. Two containers went into the Mississippi River; neither contained hazardous materials. Some of the containers derailed on shore contained paint and lithium-ion batteries. Boom is being placed in the impacted area. The volumes involved don’t pose a risk to the river or the communities,” Kent said.

According to the company, all crew members were accounted for and one individual received a medical evaluation.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There is no way all these derailments are a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Coincidence due to global cooling.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's up with trains lately?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Time to put camera along the tracks. Ukraine money, please send it back for the USA can buy cameras for its security along the train tracks.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

racism, climate change, DJT

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
While I make no excuses for the dilapidated infrastructure we see all around America however I will add this bit of info. A friend of mine who retired from working for the railroad told me that there are just about 1000 derailments a year in the states which I found very surprising.

If there were 1000 commercial aircraft crashes a year the fleet would be grounded IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It all stems from railroads are private with no oversight, They are responsible for repairs. And you have railroad companies beholden to investors.

The rail road industry is a mess right now.
edit on 27-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And now we have this.

CORINTH, Miss. - A lightning strike hit a pipeline in Corinth, Mississippi and sent fire gushing up from the ground. TC Energy, the owner of the pipeline, said storms sent down a lightning bolt that struck the Corinth Compressor Station in Mississippi during the early morning hours of Friday, April 28, 2023. No one was reported to be injured in the explosion, but video of the incident shows a blinding light putting off flames and smoke which reach high up into the night sky. TC Energy said that Columbia Gulf Transmission, LLC activated emergency response procedures and that the flames were eventually extinguished with the help of local fire and emergency personnel.

www.fox13memphis.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
There is no way all these derailments are a coincidence.

There were over 3 derailments a day in 2022. It happens much more than you are aware.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Jesus! 😬

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Jesus! 😬

I don't think so.

All things are possible, but this looks like something more man made.

join