It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Whose your team?

Any predictions?

My team, the Flames, aren't in the playoffs this year but I've been watching at least some of the games because Stanley Cup Playoffs rule haha!!

Not vested in a "back up" team or anything but cheering for LA Kings to beat the Oilers.

Want the Winnipeg Jets to beat Vegas. Wanted the Islanders to beat Carolina but thats not looking good. Watching Toronto lose is always fun lol

Anyone else watching?

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel
Whose your team?

Any predictions?

My team, the Flames, aren't in the playoffs this year but I've been watching at least some of the games because Stanley Cup Playoffs rule haha!!

Not vested in a "back up" team or anything but cheering for LA Kings to beat the Oilers.

Want the Winnipeg Jets to beat Vegas. Wanted the Islanders to beat Carolina but thats not looking good. Watching Toronto lose is always fun lol

Anyone else watching?

Arrgh was semi huge Flames fan back in day, before Calgary stole them LOL.

There is nothing like playoff hockey, been to most sports playoff or championship games, and the Flames' first-round loss to the Islanders made me hate Long Island, LOL always pulled for Edmonton with #99 MM and the rest of a stellar hockey team.

Lately though I just play DFS I do like Dallas and Edmonton, and most southeastern teams, Carolina, Florida, Tampa Bay etc. so yea I saw where Carolina is up 2-1 but just got slapped around 5-1

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel
I live right outside of Boston... The red sox I won't even turn on, the Patriots are rebuilding. The Celtics look okay so far in the playoffs. Bruins bet win it for Bergeron.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I’ve been watching every game but my team Detroit, after 25 straight seasons of making the playoffs are out of it for the 7th straight year.
I would love for 1st playoffs Seattle to knock off the defending champs Colorado, I’ve hated them for years for obvious reasons.
I feel bad for Toronto’s SC drought since 1967, and they haven’t even won a playoff series in a crapload of years.
One of my favorite former Red Wings, Brendan Shanahan is the president of the Maple Leafs.
Shanny was one of the final pieces of the puzzle for Detroit to win the Cup back in 1997 after 42 years, so I wouldn’t mind seeing his team win it.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   

We'll probably wait for the Second Round to start watching.
But, watch at least some of the playoff games.

I've yet to decide who to cheer.
Usually it's ANYONE but Tampa Bay.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Calgary fan here as well!

Now I live in Edmonton which is in the same province so I cheer for them nearly every year after Calgary gets bumped.

That last goal tonight was painful.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm a Blackhawk fan. Going to be awhile before we see post season play. Hockey is the one sport I love. I am find off the original six teams. Patrick Kane was traded too New York Rangers which is my second team. So I have been watching the Rangers.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There have been some great games so far and these first round match ups are pretty good. The Bruins/Panthers series has been really entertaining. I'm routing for the Panthers to knock off the Bruins. As a Habs fan, the Bruins winning is almost as bad as the Leafs winning.

The Oilers/Kings series has been pretty good too, for what I've seen. It's west coast and I'm East coast so its a little late on work days to stay up and watch.

Me, I'd really like to see the Jets do well. They aren't my team but I will rout for a Canadian team until there are none left. Or it's the Leafs. I'll rot in hell before I ever cheer the Leafs.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

I dunno man, you guys got a good shot in the Bedard sweepstakes and who ever gets him, the trajectory of that team will be nothing but up. Need a goalie though.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

I'm usually for the underdog.....so hoping the Bruins play golf soon.
Agree, no way could I cheer on the Leafs.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Too bad Chicago is losing Toews after a great career....and not the way he would have chosen to leave the game.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789
Yes a goalie is needed. I say within 3 years the Blackhawks will be back as post season contenders

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
I think he will be retiring. Sad to lose the past of that great team but for us Chicago fans it was one helluva good time for a few seasons.
I'm grateful for the excitement they provided!

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would like to see a Rangers-Jets Stanley Cup Finals.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well see how close what you wish to see is to happening

www.nhl.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That's what I read as well, yet when headlines say the Hawks won't renew his contract....well, just not the same context : as if he wasn't worth a spot on the team.

ETA
And, unless I develop a fondness for another team, I'd also like to see the Rangers play someone in the West for the Stanley.

edit on Sat Apr 22 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So the Islanders are gone, the Wild are gone and sadly, the Jets are gone. First Canadian team to fall.

We've got some really competitive series with a couple of game sevens and the potential for a few more. With no sweeps in the first round.

The hockey has been pretty good but does it feel like playoff scoring is up this year? It just feels like there has been more 5-6-7 goal games.

top topics

join