It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Kissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This one fell out of me last night. I was actually dreaming this and had to wake up to paint it out. This particular piece is very special to me. I had planned on keeping this one to myself, or off of the internet, but ya know...screw it.
I really hope you enjoy it. Thanks N-1 for giving me the courage to put this one out there.

I present to you,

"Sun Kissed"

edit on 6-4-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

~~~Ox Art~~~ April 6th, 2023

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Beautiful, joyful, peaceful. Glass like wave. Someone about to be in the barrel. Reminds me of a good friend I have. He's always talking about surfing.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
Beautiful, joyful, peaceful. Glass like wave. Someone about to be in the barrel. Reminds me of a good friend I have. He's always talking about surfing.

Your buddy sounds like My kinda fellow shred-dog.

Thanks. I feel peace when I stare at this one too. The word "sublime" comes to mind as I stare at it.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Ok, I have to tell you why your art really speaks to me.

Back in 2017 an artist in Fairbanks, Alaska chose three random people with no history of artwork to participate in a program where he would give them art lessons for eight weeks in exchange for filming their progress for a TV documentary.

My son happened to be walking by and ran into the artist, Kes Woodward. He thought it sounded fun and decided to participate.

I had NO idea my son had such 'things'? 'visions'? in his head-lol. His artwork is really free-flowing, much like yours-it's just full of some sort of 'life' that most of us don't notice, and really touches me.

Here's a link if you want to read the story. Guy is my son.

[kuac.org... on-station/]

edit on 400000055America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: oops-add link

edit on 400000055America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Ok, I have to tell you why your art really speaks to me.

Back in 2017 an artist in Fairbanks, Alaska chose three random people with no history of artwork to participate in a program where he would give them art lessons for eight weeks in exchange for filming their progress for a TV documentary.

My son happened to be walking by and ran into the artist, Kes Woodward. He thought it sounded fun and decided to participate.

I had NO idea my son had such 'things'? 'visions'? in his head-lol. His artwork is really free-flowing, much like yours-it's just full of some sort of 'life' that most of us don't notice, and really touches me.

Here's a link if you want to read the story. Guy is my son.

[kuac.org... on-station/]

Wow! that is super cool. I kind of had a similar introduction to art. I was 5. First grade im drawing on everything; and all over my work. Teach is like, hey, this kids oozing art, you should sign him up for lessons. I go and watch Brenda Harris. She was one of the ones who painted on pbs back in the 80s. Her and the happy little tree guy (afro. cant think of the name). But anywho, I take an art lesson class. Basically its Brenda up front painting a painting in front of us and we follow along. Im the youngest in th class by far. Mainly adults and one 5 year old (me).

No lie...that first paintung was pure magic. No idea how i was able to do it.
Needless to say, youre right. That art is just buried in me some where. And always has been, apparently. Anyeah, i dont know how to describe it any better other than, when the painti brush or the pencil hits ny hand and that brush hits that canvas, the art just kinda happens. More like it leads me tha me leading it.
A little insight for ya, nugget1.
Thanks again. It gives me much joy when people enjoy the art.
Thanks for sharong that with me. Id love to see some of Guy's work.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Her and the happy little tree guy (afro. cant think of the name).

Bob Ross.

I don't have any pics of his art, unfortunately. They held an open house for the 'artists' and some sort of voting for your favorite-which turned out to be my crazy guy. He got several DVDs to send to family plus a bunch of poster sized-uh...prints? of one of his paintings.

Ha!! I found a video!! (It took a really long time to load and start playing-probably my lousy internet connection.)
[www.youtube.com...]
edit on 400000066America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Her and the happy little tree guy (afro. cant think of the name).

Bob Ross.

I don't have any pics of his art, unfortunately. They held an open house for the 'artists' and some sort of voting for your favorite-which turned out to be my crazy guy. He got several DVDs to send to family plus a bunch of poster sized-uh...prints? of one of his paintings.

Ha!! I found a video!! (It took a really long time to load and start playing-probably my lousy internet connection.)
[www.youtube.com...]

The funny part about all of this is a girl came into my shop today with a Bob Ross tshirt on. It had "hap hap happy little trees" on the back.

And lol! I watched that dude paint for years.
Hes a legend now. Brenda Harris was lesser known, but she was always on right before or right after Bob was.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have one or two of Brenda Harris' books! I watched her and Ross a lot through the years. I think I was secretly hoping one day I'd wake up and magically be a talented artist....lol

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have one or two of Brenda Harris' books! I watched her and Ross a lot through the years. I think I was secretly hoping one day I'd wake up and magically be a talented artist....lol

No way!!! That is just too darn cool you know her. I kept watching her as I grew as well. So yep. She was the one who first trained me. Twice actually. I did two sessions/private lessons two weeks in a row. I still have those paintings!!

Wanna see? My niece, has been keeping them for me. I think I might be able to get her to respond (shes 22) and send me pics of the two paintings. I had those things all this time. She asked if she could "hold onto them for me." So shes had them for a couple of years now.

Im going to see if I cant reach her tonight, soon and I'll throw them up here.

This is too funny...

new topics

top topics

join