It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online tests suggest IQ scores in US dropped for the first time in nearly a century

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
a reply to: whereislogic

Demonstrating his adherence to scientism, its adherents having a tendency to conflate philosophical naturalism with science and methodological naturalism (the same philosophy) with the scientific method.

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

And that (see bolded part) brings us to the heart of the question why IQ scores may be dropping (if that is really so):

Consider, then, how much a computer fails to measure up to a human brain, which is so remarkably superior.

What man-made computer can repair itself, rewrite its program, or improve over the years? When a computer system needs to be adjusted, a programmer must write and enter new coded instructions. Our brain does such work automatically, both in the early years of life and in old age. You would not be exaggerating to say that the most advanced computers are very primitive compared to the brain. Scientists have called it “the most complicated structure known” and “the most complex object in the universe.” Consider some discoveries that have led many to conclude that the human brain is the product of a caring Creator.

Use It or Lose It

Useful inventions such as cars and jet planes are basically limited by the fixed mechanisms and electrical systems that men design and install. By contrast, our brain is, at the very least, a highly flexible biological mechanism or system. It can keep changing according to the way it is used—or abused. Two main factors seem responsible for how our brain develops throughout our lifetime—what we allow to enter it through our senses and what we choose to think about.

Although hereditary factors may have a role in mental performance, modern research shows that our brain is not fixed by our genes at the time of conception. “No one suspected that the brain was as changeable as science now knows it to be,” writes Pulitzer prize-winning author Ronald Kotulak. After interviewing more than 300 researchers, he concluded: “The brain is not a static organ; it is a constantly changing mass of cell connections that are deeply affected by experience.”—Inside the Brain.

Still, our experiences are not the only means of shaping our brain. It is affected also by our thinking. Scientists find that the brains of people who remain mentally active have up to 40 percent more connections (synapses) between nerve cells (neurons) than do the brains of the mentally lazy. Neuroscientists conclude: You have to use it or you lose it. ...

Recent findings about our brain’s flexibility accord with advice found in the Bible. That book of wisdom urges readers to be ‘transformed by making their mind over’ or to be “made new” through “accurate knowledge” taken into the mind. (Romans 12:2; Colossians 3:10) ...

Source: How Unique You Are! (Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?)

Through use one can train their powers of discernment (Heb 5:14), and improve IQ scores as well. But if you fill your mind with the wrong stuff and people in positions of educational authority are promoting the wrong way of reasoning along with pseudoscience, then you get the behavioural attitudes towards beneficial teaching and truth (real science/knowledge) in contrast to myths/false stories described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4.* And as a result, people in general (or on average) also become more "mentally lazy", as the article above puts it.

*: Hence the title of the playlist I linked a couple of times now: "Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories".

Also see what's mentioned in my signature and the text under my profilename regarding what you feed your mind with (and what you train it with).
edit on 13-3-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: Mahogany

We're getting dumber because we're teaching all that gender racial crap instead of reading, writing and arithmetic.
That is not true . We all have attention issues & our slow methods of analogue: reading books , physical conversations, social interactions & reasoning are no longer needed .
Wall-E was predictive .

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Some of the Western countries are to busy pushing social issues into the school systems and arent teaching the youth with anything valuable that they will remember.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Sorry, I was going to care, and then I got pinged by about 10 notifications on my phone ...

Seriously, you want to know why we're dumb? We have no attention span. You want to know why we have no attention span? See above.

Great call on our master. We all have to stay connected. Its a grand panic to go five minutes without carrying it on our person. Monkey see, monkey do. Gotta have one. Gotta get version 26D, even if it means a two hour line-up at 6am so it'll be in the preferred color. The good thing about a smartphone is that it knows better and never, ever lies to you....hence the need and obsession to obey it and hold it closer than a loved one.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

We're getting dumber because we're teaching all that gender racial crap instead of reading, writing and arithmetic.

I bet the IQ in CHINA isn't going down.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't understand that that means? Just being humorous. I am US human and I agree. Humans are losing intelligence.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Social media, indoctrination, people wanting to be identified as unicorns from planet Basket Case, crazy Karen's, the need for some kind of absurd validation from stangers online, wanting the exact same things as your so-called "friends", not reading books, staying inside without fresh air for longer than is good for your health, eating terrible processed foods on a daily basis, not getting enough physical exercise, and pretty much depleting yourself of any kind of mental stability. That's just my personal opinion. Regards.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NJR84

Why would multiple government studies on fluoride and IQ be hidden from the public? David Knight has some interesting facts and figures with regard to disposing of this toxic waste. Like let the humans drink it. www.bitchute.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
dont doubt it. many flat earthers still around.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join