It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I came across a YouTube video claiming roswell was soviet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Apparently it was a small Russian craft piloted by children, and the US government didn't want to admit that Russian probes got this far inland so the pushed the alien narrative as a distraction.

youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   
LOL! That's a good one. Heard it before. Next they'll be saying it was Mogul Balloon that wasn't launched until the early fifties.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Machshev

I've heard the Soviet angle many times but never the child pilot aspect though.
Very intriguing indeed

This dudes way of speaking is awesome to say the least.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Oh and all this time I heard it was swamp gas!

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Balloon filled with swamp gas piloted by small children .. the plot thickens🤔🤔🤔🤔

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The crash test dummies announcement by the air force was hilarious too. Those were adult sized. I believe that MOS for AFOSI required 6 months of stand up comedy school after being chosen for AFOSI.

Russian kids getting to pilot advanced saucer craft with magneto drive is really cool though, it's what every Russian kid would dream about back in those days.

edit on 5-3-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit added more haha. McGaha would know all about the comedy part since he based all of his analysis on fictional comedy to explain it.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Machshev
Apparently it was a small Russian craft piloted by children, and the US government didn't want to admit that Russian probes got this far inland so the pushed the alien narrative as a distraction.

youtube.com...

That story first appeared in public in 2011 in Annie Jacobsen's book "Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base". It was a story told to her by an individual named Al O'Donnel, who was an engineer employed by a contractor working for the Atomic Energy Commission in 1947.

The story makes no technical sense. At the time, the Soviets did not have an aircraft that could have made a flight that long. Mengele was in hiding in Brazil, and medical knowledge at the time did not allow children to be surgically altered to look like aliens. Also, children couldn't pilot an aircraft in 1947 at transcontinental ranges.

O'Donnel told Annie Jacobsen that he was TOLD this story by the Atomic Energy Commission. He did NOT say that he believed the story to be true. Annie was not sophisticated enough to recognize a cover story when she heard one, so she just published the story on the assumption that it was true. That's how cover stories are supposed to work--they contain information that sounds plausible to the general public--who aren't technically competent to understand the inconsistencies.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Machshev

Some additional FYI

Roswell 'was plane full of alienlike children sent by Stalin'

Jacobsen says she had access to eyewitnesses and previously classified documents. On this basis, she explains that Stalin wanted to create the kind of panic in the USA that Orson Welles' radio adaptation of "War of the Worlds" created when the innocent and naive first heard it.

He was inspired further when the Soviet Union captured a German fighter called the Horton Ho 229. This plane was, so the book reportedly relates, full of alienlike children, created in a eugenics experiment by a Nazi who equalled the evil of Stalin himself, Joseph Mengele.

Stalin apparently believed he could send a plane full of these children--created with the already-exiled Mengele's help--over to the U.S. in order to create mass hysteria. However, the remotely piloted plane (which wasn't a flying saucer) crashed.

👽
edit on 6-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I wasn't going to look into the how and why of the Soviet child story. So I thank you for posting it here.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wouldn't Mac Brazel, the rancher who originally discovered the debris, have known if this was simply an airplane?

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It was always a Japanese crew who flew over on a weather ballon.

top topics

join