It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Authorities Issue Shelter-in-Place Order After Tanker Spills Nitric Acid on Freeway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Arizona authorities closed a portion of a freeway and issued a shelter-in-place order in the surrounding areas after a commercial truck tanker rolled over on the freeway and spilled nitric acid on Tuesday.

“Exposure to nitric acid can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, and mucous membrane; it can also cause delayed pulmonary edema, pneumonitis, bronchitis, and dental erosion,” according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. “Nitric acid is highly corrosive. Workers may be harmed from exposure to nitric acid.”

www.breitbart.com...

Anyone within one mile perimeter of the incident has been instructed to turn off heaters and AC that bring outside air in.
edit on 15-2-2023 by Hangontight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What I want to know is what is the occurance of these toxic/ noxious spills of derailments of trains and trucks in the past few years as compaired to now.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Could the bad back breaking economy be causing lapses in safety maintenance ???? 😮

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just another coincidence.

And if you say otherwise your a domestic theorist of the conspiracy terrorist sort.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Initially it was reported to have contained 200lbs of nitric acid. Turns out it was actually carrying 40,000lbs of nitric acid.

Still in the process of cleanup. It was a very windy day yesterday, so this stuff was blowing all over. Crews have been cleaning it up overnight but it is still emitting.

Schools in the area are closed today. Shelter in place was increased to a 3 mile radius around the incident and that portion of I-10 is still closed.

Thankfully this is in a pretty sparse area on the outskirts of the city, if it had occurred near the base then I'd be suspicious.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26890566]xuenchen[/post

maybe less regulations? You are for less regulations yes?

Simple question, you for less regulations or not?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
you are for less regulations on everything right? This is what you get.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: franklen

Trucks and Transports have more regulations under Biden. So your drunken point is what exactly?

And I'm asking the questions, not answering 😁

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I formerly drove truck and held a hazmat license. I never could figure out how the placard system kept people safer. Yes I know it allows for emergency crews to quickly identify dangerous stuff and i understand the safety behind the system. However pulling a load of hazmat always made me feel like I had a target on my back considering how easy that little yellow book is to get your hands on. With that little yellow book any hazmat load can be identified and any vehicle that carries hazmat (including trains boats and aircraft) use the same little yellow books. Anyone who wants to cause major damage only needs the ability to read and understand the overly easy system. No need to build a device just know how and what to hijack with trains and ships giving the most potential for large catastrophe and trucks the most mobile (easier to get into cities or closer to a specific target).

The entire hazmat system imo is a major threat. Don't ask me how to fix it because I don't have an easy answer I have given it a lot of thought through. Just another scary thought

By the way new member very long time lurker....

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I hope I did this right.

I'll try again.

edit on 300000044America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: fix link

Last attempt.....

[youtu.be...]
edit on 300000044America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: fix link

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Strange I don't see any placards on that truck..... There should be a black and white corrosive placard on front, back and both sides. Thought the smoke was hiding the back but there isn't even a holder on the front....

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

here iz 😎

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacelost

The front placard is on the trailer, not the truck. Most are placed on the front of the trailer.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: nugget1

here iz 😎

Thanks, X!
You can't drink the water, eat the food, trust the medicine or breathe the air; what's this country coming to?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The way I understood the law was 4 visible corners, the trailer usually has sides and back, truck should have one even if there is one on the front of the trailer. Not saying you're wrong but its a new one for me. I admit I've been out of the industry for a few years.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacelost

Under 49 CFR 172.516 the front placard can go on the front of the trailer, the front of the truck, or both.

(b) The required placarding of the front of a motor vehicle may be on the front of a truck-tractor instead of or in addition to the placarding on the front of the cargo body to which a truck-tractor is attached.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You're right.... Lol guess I'm still human. Anyway my thoughts were likely skewed due to company policy.

new topics

top topics

join