It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO : The Valentich Disappearance on Unsolved Mysteries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The picture we have is of an inexperienced pilot. He'd acted recklessly previously, flying into a cloud and restricted areas, and received censure for it. He'd failed to pass all of his Commercial Pilots Exams, but told his family he had one subject left to pass. Then when he says he's flying to King Island he tells family he's going to fetch crayfish (but had placed no order). He told officials at the airport he was picking up friends. Tellingly, he also failed to request illumination of the airfield at King Island even though he knew he'd need to land after dusk.

This all points to Fred becoming a habitual fibber. Is it much of a stretch to believe he also fibbed about a UFO to Air Traffic Control too?

Or where these fibs merely coincidental and Fred really was buzzed by a UFO?

Unfortunately, we just don't know exactly what happened.? Nor why it happened?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Maybe his pants on fire tendencies attracted a UFO that was interested in that human condition, deceit, which then whisked him away for study and to gauge other humans reaction in an experiment loosely based on a ‘boy who cries wolf’ hypothesis.

a reply to: mirageman

I know the boy who cries wolf doesn’t quite fit in fact it is quite an alien concept to be introducing to the scenario.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Dead men tell no tales when they’ve deep six’d

Yohoho and a bottle of rum….😉

👽

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That is a pretty accurate picture, and one, I think, leaves little room for UFOs. Given the inconsistencies in his stories and fibs, whatever he planned that night, he didn't want anyone else to know what he was doing. Or where he was going. That in itself raises a lot of flags. What better way to muddy the waters than bring UFOs into the picture?

I think the Valentich case is still an intriguing mystery, but the nature of that mystery has shifted, from possible otherworldy encounter, to a much more mundane mystery.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I think it's possible he did see a UFO, or at least what he thought was a UFO that led to him making navigational errors, and he plunged into the sea. But those little fibs had all stacked up before he departed and suggest he was never intending to fly to King Island at all.

As you say, the Valentich story is still an intriguing mystery. One wrapped inside a UFO story and is unlikely to be solved after almost 50 years.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I suspect……one day….the plane will be found, but without the body.

👽

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join