It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get notifications on mobile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I tried Google, but didn't find anything. Is it possible to be notified when someone replies to your thread or comment?

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonslayer83

I don’t think ATS has any notification protocols…

The little envelope at the top where you receive messages doesn’t even light up anymore and if I remember correctly it used to do so.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

How do people know if they have a notification?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonslayer83

You have to come on to the site and manually check under replies. If they used the reply to post button as I have here.

If I had not, then you could check MyATS for the threads you participated in for recent activity and see that what I posted is relevant.

So why not send notifications? ATS is a website and not an app. Facebook used to email you a notice of a reply, years ago. Meaning that Facebook had and used your email address regularly to spam your inbox. ATS does have some email addresses and has used them for a mass email about major site outages…maybe a dozen or less times that I can think of in the nearly 17 years that have been here.

Why? People involved with Conspiracy Theories tend to not like such exposing and persistent automated communications. And consider that the process to check on site inboxes for new mail and light up that envelope caused such a slowdown on the database twice an hour that the feature was removed. Sending an email is an even more involved process.

So why no ATS app? There have been attempts…frankly none of them were very good. The best ATS app was one made for the old ATS Live Show that would check and play new shows as they were posted on a particular website. That website is of course gone and the app useless. But I have it on an old iPod in a drawer that I recharge one or twice a year to make sure it works. But really need to pull the MP3’s off of it to be safe.

new topics

top topics

join