It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 10 people wounded in Lakeland, Florida, shooting, police say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Another mass shooting!!

In Lakeland Florida.

Drive by?

10 "injured" no deaths YET. (but 2 possible pending)😬

Hmmm

ditditditditditCNN:

At least 10 people were wounded Monday afternoon in a drive-by shooting in Lakeland, Florida, police said, and two are in critical condition.

A dark-blue Nissan four-door sedan pulled up at the scene of the shooting, Lakeland Police Department Chief Sam Taylor said.

“The vehicle slowed, did not stop, and the four windows went down. It appeared to be occupied by four shooters in the vehicle,” Taylor said. “They started firing from all four windows of the vehicle and shooting males on both sides.”

At least 10 people wounded in Lakeland, Florida, shooting, police say

edit on Jan-30-2023 by xuenchen because: ❗❗❗

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Unless this can be pinned on right-wing extremists we won't hear much about it.

Oh, wait; that's all we'll hear as the push to end 2A is running out of time.

Biden will do an EO and it will take years to wind its way through the court system and get overturned.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Unless this can be pinned on right-wing extremists we won't hear much about it.

Oh, wait; that's all we'll hear as the push to end 2A is running out of time.

Biden will do an EO and it will take years to wind its way through the court system and get overturned.

Thinking the same. We don't hear about all the "mass shootings" unless it fits certain MSM reportable parameters.

Here is a site that logs them (mass casualty). Quite a few already in January. I am sure most people have not heard about 90% of them.

www.gunviolencearchive.org...

Smart people are arming up. The police cannot "save" them, just clean up the mess and people are catching on. The Justice system under prosecutes and releases violent felons routinely to prey on the public. Self Defense is a must.

First hate crimes, now mass shootings. For some Asian Americans, feeling safe means owning a gun

www.latimes.com...

Guns have always made Lynn Kim nervous. She had never considered firing — let alone buying — one herself.

But that changed last week after two mass shootings in California, two days apart, carried out by older Asian American men who targeted fellow Asian Americans.

After hearing the news, Kim, who is Korean American, told her husband: “It’s time. Honey, let’s research getting a gun.”

Her greatest fear is a “terrible stranger” breaking into their home while her mom is alone.

“I’m a little afraid of weapons. I’m much more afraid if we’re attacked. I can’t let anything hurt my family,” said Kim, a human resources employee who is studying up on guns and plans to watch YouTube videos on the basics of handling a firearm.

“Asian Californians are a growing segment of the gun-owning public,” said Sam Paredes, executive director of Gun Owners of California, a pro-gun advocacy group. They “have been becoming more involved in not only their own personal protection, the protection of their homes and businesses, especially with the rise in violence that has been evilly targeted against them ... and you can’t blame them for doing that.”

edit on 30-1-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Last year alone in America, there were 23 mass-shootings where 10 or more people were shot.

Source: www.gunviolencearchive.org...

It's more common than we think, but usually not reported on the national news, unless an "agenda" is behind it.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   
More than likely gang related. And yes, a certain demographic.
I almost moved to Florida so researched a number of areas. Crime in that area is high. Anything close to Orlando is and that is not too far away.

top topics

join