It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INSLAW INC. Is Awarded Damages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

A lot of tentacles but they all seem connected to the Justice Department when you really think about it.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge George Francis Bason Jr. yesterday ordered the Justice Department to pay Inslaw Inc., a Washington computer software company, a total of $6.8 million in damages for misappropriating one of Inslaw's computer software programs.

In a separate action, Bason filed suit yesterday to seek to block his replacement on the bankruptcy bench by a Justice Department attorney who had worked on the Inslaw case. Bason, who claimed he was denied due process in the selection process, has said he has been told by local lawyers that he was not reappointed in part because of his decisions in the Inslaw case. Bason is scheduled to leave office next Monday.

Bason ruled last September that the Justice Department used "trickery, fraud and deceit" to steal the software program, and that the Justice Department had tried to force Inslaw to liquidate because of a personal vendetta against the company by Justice Department officials.

Inslaw had argued that the Justice Department owed it $6.8 million in damages for the use of 44 copies of Promis software that the department did not pay for under a contract with the company.

Bason's suit seeking an explanation for why he was not reappointed was filed in U.S. District Court against the District's judicial council, a body composed of U.S. Court of Appeals and U.S. District Court judges that selects bankruptcy judges.

At a press conference yesterday, Bason said: "I do not know what charges have been made against me, nor do I know what may have motivated whoever may have made those charges. I do know that the decision to pass me over in favor of a person who is obviously far less qualified and far less experienced than I can only be described as arbitrary, capricious and utterly lacking in any factual foundation."

By the way does anybody know who killed Alan Standorf?

Questions about the death of Alan David Standorf, a Whitehall High School graduate whose corpse was found at a Washington, D.C., airport 10 days ago, may never be answered because of the highly classified nature of Standorf's Army job, his brother said yesterday.

archive.is...

Standorf's body was found on the back floor of his car, under a pile of luggage and other personal items, by a policeman on regular patrol about 9:45 p.m. Jan. 29 at Metropolitan Washington National Airport. The car was parked in a short-term parking lot next to the North Terminal. The car had been there since Jan. 4, Ford said.

Investigators said Standorf was killed by blunt force injury but would not elaborate, Ford said. The homicide occurred somewhere other than the airport, Ford said. He didn't know how long Standorf had been dead.

Standorf oversaw the repair and distribution of electronic equipment at Vint Hill, which Ford described as a high-security signal-processing station that gathers electronic intelligence from spy satellites and other sources around the world. It operates under the Army's National Security Agency based at Fort Meade, Md.

The release of information has been "toned down," Ford said, because authorities aren't sure of the cause of his death or the circumstances surrounding it.

"This is not strictly a police investigation anymore," Ford said. "The government is involved, too."

archive.is...

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

date on OP source, February 2, 1988

35 yr's ago, what is the relevance today other than the government/governments have been chock full of crooks from the beginning of time.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Disregard, links I found and linked were not useful.👍

edit on 24-1-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is a messy case. For my take on it, Mossad stole the software used record court matters, put in some back doors and sold it onto governments around the world. The original creator of the software got shafted.

Andrew Richard Grove, a 9/11 whistleblower is one that gets into some of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The "hardware trap door" bit has always been suspicious for me.

According to the lore- they recruited some NorCal tech. wizard to design and manufacture a chip which can be hidden in the Promis running DEC Vax's and this can....... wait for it.....upload data to passing recon satellites (without getting discovered).

Quite an ambitious undertaking.

For me there's 2 options:

Either this is a lie to hide the true means of data egress.
Or
A state sponsored entity designed and manufactured the chip then provided it for specific usage in co-operation with their satellites.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

When looking in how the information age kicked off as strong government suppression of ET issues took hold, there is some invasion vibe with our technological advancement going on. In some ways maybe it is just life doing what life does on some bigger galactic level?

As for who can pick it up and run with it, those born in war do take a more war like approach.

In trying to sort out all the facts from the fiction in this case is an epic job. Lot of blurred history covered by the sands of time. When trying to make sense of things like 9/11, lot of usual suspects on the list. How could any serious intelligence agency not keep up with the daily running of the courts one way or another?

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

There's no reason to suspect the alleged chip used in Promis (codename "Petrie") was anything but the result of a terrestrial technology sponsored by a nation state.

The fact they managed to design, manufacture then infiltrate a supply chain with a device that was undetectable and used existing wiring to act as an antennae to upload to ..ahem...certain ISR satellites is spectacular- but not beyond the wit of man.

I dont know how they did it....hence my suspicion about it being a cover for a more likely scenario- i.e using local assets to get near to the compromised hardware and provide a relay/reception capability.

join