It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lithuanian gas pipeline hit by large explosion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

A large blast has hit a gas pipeline in the Pasvalys region of northern Lithuania, near the Latvian border.

Images broadcast by local media showed flames illuminating the night sky, but officials say there have been no injuries caused by the explosion.

Latvia's Defence Minster Artis Pabriks wrote on Twitter that the cause of the incident would be investigated and said sabotage could not be ruled out.

But the pipeline's operator said it did not believe the blast was suspicious.

"According to the initial assessment, we do not see any malign cause, but the investigation will cover all possible options," Amber Grid chief executive Nemunas Biknius told reporters. "We do not see the signs of any potential impact from outside."

Lithuanian gas pipeline hit by large explosion.

I hope that's not the Russian answer to the two pipelines which were blasted last year.

According to the local mayor, there was some work done close to the pipeline and it could just be an incident, not a terrorist attack.

The mayor of Pasvalys district, Gintautas Geguzinskas, told LRT that he didn't have any concrete information on the cause of the blast, but said that local residents had told him "they saw some work being done near the pipeline where the explosion happened".

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

I hope that's not the Russian answer to the two pipelines which were blasted last year.

if russia had anything to do with it, it would be to destabilize the supply again which it is said to be stabilizing in Europe without russian gas.

here's a thread on it.

Natural Gas Prices Start to Normalize in EU

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

if russia had anything to do with it, it would be to destabilize the supply again which it is said to be stabilizing in Europe without russian gas.

here's a thread on it.

I had to look at some pipeline maps, seems like the gas comes from Polen through GIPL and Belarus and goes towards Lativa
The explosion took place in the northern part of Lithuania so it's most likely an incident than an intentional explosion.
Here's a map, strange I cannot upload files, I get an error.

informnapalm.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Try using this link to upload files:

img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

here's a thread on it.

It is in the interest of energy providers that the flow of energy is under constant destabilization

And

Its of the interest of government officials, maintaining personal and career interests through nepotistic and profit based deals with private companies, to maintain the illusion that even accidents related to the energy sector are caused by disruptive efforts on behalf of current perceived enemy.
edit on 23/5/23 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/5/23 by flice because: (no reason given)

top topics

join