It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court blocks Biden administration for now from ending migrant expulsions under Title 42

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Can someone explain this to me. Does the Biden Administration want to continue it or end Title 42.

Here's a link to it. www.msn.com... id=winp1taskbar&cvid=c7a7def033aa4a70e6f74ac5ef4dcec2

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The Biden Administration is seeking to end the Title 42 edict, put in place by the Trump Administration because of the Covid-19 pandemic, under the Administration's "National Health Emergency" declaration.

Biden administration asks chief justice to allow Title 42 to end

Under Title 42, U.S. border officials are allowed to skip asylum processing for migrants from many countries, instead quickly expelling the migrants back to their home country, or in the case of many Central Americans, back across the border to Mexico.

Most Republicans and some Democrats say it is essential to border control, while immigration advocates and most Democrats oppose Title 42 mainly because it undermines the asylum system.

In its response to Roberts, the administration publicly recognized that the public health reasoning behind the policy is no longer valid.

When Title 42 is allowed to end, and it has to end sometime, there will be a flood of immigrant entering the USA, because of the 2 year backlog, and nobody knows how to deal with in crisis when the floodgates are opened.

edit on 28-12-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sounds like we need to finish the current wall and build another one.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So if it ends, like you mentioned, the floodgates of disease will be the silent invasion of America. Isn't that what happened when the white man came to America and brought their diseases with them and many Indians died due to new diseases that entered their territory?

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I don't know about a flood of disease-ridden immigrants, but there will be a massive influx of homeless people of all ages in need of housing, food and medical care, for sure.

The new omnibus bill just passed in Congress has some money to deal with the impending crisis, but it's too little too late for everything to run smoothly.

Personally, I think that even though the Biden Administration is being pressured by its constituents to end Title 42, Biden is relieved and welcomes the delay imposed by SCOTUS right now.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Smartest theory I've heard is they've been ignoring Title 42 and letting Migrants in anyway and will continue to regardless of "Title42". Title 42 is and has been a Red Herring target because there's zero proof of the claim that 2 million have been returned under the current Administration. It's a ruse and people are falling for it as the saturation continues šŸ¤

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The Biden Admin has been in court in favor of ending T42. Biden himself said yesterday it's time to end it šŸ˜€

T42 was also declared unconstitutional by a lower court. This was welcomed by The Biden Admin šŸ˜€

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Truthfully I think the Supremes botched it myself. T42 should have been allowed to expire and then when the massive hoard of illegals started to cross the border then the border states should have declared a invasion emergency. Per Article 1 sec 10 the states could have done express deportations without any due process. No papers no entry. NO Joe Biden and his Washington democrats and courts either. And once the screaming started then the federal government would have major pressure applied to actually fix the immigration problem.

And the border states could simply refuse to accept anything Washington sent their way unless it meets their demands. As long as they maintained the state of emergency then that emergency power would be supreme to the federal government's.

And for all the other states that have illegal problems I would point out they could spend thousands on sick and disabled illegals or declare their own invasion emergency. Then they just buy one way plane tickets back to the illegals home countries. Problem solved.
edit on 28-12-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Biden himself said yesterday it's time to end it

He's right. But did you see him when he said "Hey, what are you going do? SCOTUS ruled against us! We have to abide by the ruling..oh well..."? (I paraphrase)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Seriously, why the heck would anyone from south and Central America want to come up to the US in the middle of winter and freeze their buts off.

If I were them Iā€™d stay put or head on down south to US tourist cities of Costa Rico or Cancun and bath in the sunshine and warmth, swim with the whales, I mean tourists in the warm ocean waters!

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Biden himself said yesterday it's time to end it

He's right. But did you see him when he said "Hey, what are you going do? SCOTUS ruled against us! We have to abide by the ruling..oh well..."? (I paraphrase)

Scripted questions and answers. All planned confusion continues. He scampered right over to the "reporter" as soon as he walked outside roflmao šŸ˜€ another Shakespearian Scene šŸ˜€

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Title 42 is not a mandate to automatically return Migrants. It's an option šŸ˜€

What's the big frick'n deal? šŸ˜€

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Continue it's pure theatrics thanks to the life threats and bombings over the abortion issue(would you make a stand against the motive, when ur entire family had bombs in their cars and thrown through the house window? They are currently in pure submission to democrats thanks to public overreacting and fulfilling the threats poised by Democrats in the past, however once power is balanced we might actually see some backbone from the courts again...), The emergency crisis isn't over and that can bypass the supreme court with a simple order as it is a direct threat to our national security. Especially since the declaration of emergency #covid hasn't been lifted officially.

When you consider adding unvaxed to the population goes against the EUAs and "public health" the supreme court doesn't have a leg to stand on in deciding this.

So don't believe for a second that he can't reverse the mandate and EOs that protect the immigrants he placed to begin with.

This was nothing more then a test for the supreme court to prove their allegiance to democrats for when Republicans enter office.
edit on bWednesdayam2022-12-28T10:58:33-06:00kamWed, 28 Dec 2022 10:58:33 -0600Wed, 28 Dec 2022 10:58:33 -060020223 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
SCOTUS says Biden can still end Title-42 if he wants to.

See 3rd paragraph: abcnews.go.com...

But IMO Biden Admin is thankful for the Supreme Court giving them cover. They know lifting it would be a public-relations disaster.

FoxNews was all geared up with drones and night cameras to run specials on how America is under seige as 1 million arrive a week. The network is really disappointed now.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why you even pay attention to FOX or anyone is beyond me.
Title 42 will end at some point and ya the Supreme Court gave him an out so they can get the border all ready to properly and efficiently handle influx......who am I kidding we all know that will never happen.
Too much political gain from both sides to fix it. And they let those at home and millions of others suffer.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What you've got to understand is the people running Biden are the same people running the Supreme Court so it's just BS and theatre.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Texas should demand the Wall Be Built immediately to keep out this flood of millions of illegals -
And if the federal government fails, they should build it themselves or threaten to secede.
I remember reading recently how Arizona put up boxcars at their border, to keep them out.
If the federal government fails to protect them and do their job, they'll have to do it themselves.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yes is seems like a ruse to me too. The other day was at Sam's Club their was lots Migrants there I'm talking like over 200 people. All of them did not speak English at all. My wife said they were most likely from Columbia. she knows the dialects and helped a few of them. The Migrants went around the isles with there new cell phone showing pictures of food items to other Sam's Club customers. It all started when Migrant person (name removed) a man showed us a cell phone picture of Mac and Cheese asking my wife where the item was located in the store. My wife responded to him in Spanish where it might be she was not sure. Then I looked around and noticed others like him doing the same thing with their cell phones. My wife asked him in Spanish what he was doing? He responded "shopping" in Spanish. The Migrants wanted the English speaking customers to help find and assist them in obtaining the items they needed. My wife said she didn't mind helping one or two people and told them "Its not that hard to find anything at Sam's Club " in Spanish. My wife said they were obviously taught this by someone.

I Never seen anything like it in my life especially with that many people at one time. Then a few more came over to my wife because the Spanish speaking guy sent a text messages to rest. it was bizarre to say the least. My wife kindly told them to see the manager which for some reason could not be found. Some Sam's Club employees stepped up and did the best they could.

The Migrant are still coming Title 42 or not this administration is letting the Migrants go past the borders right now and that is a fact obviously proved by Sam' s Club. One thing is for sure that I noticed , and that is there is many housing displacements among U.S. Citizens because of these Migrants. The cracks are starting to show and the homeless population is growing, but not with the so called Migrant population.

edit on 28-12-2022 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

The Migrants may perish in the desert. They think the Deserts in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona are warm in the winter, they are not it's furthest the from the truth. Maybe warmer further down the southern Texas border like Laredo and places like that. First just dispel the media hype that more migrants are crossing at the check points and not private land, its just the opposite. When the Migrants cross into New Mexico or El Paso Texas there is good chance they will freeze to death. Sure they will make it past the border with the coyote smugglers, but the Smugglers only go as far as Santa Rita , NM maybe. If they get dropped in Santa Rita NM, or outside the limits of it the migrants that trek north will be in the Gila National Forest in short while by foot and freeze to death. When going further north the altitude will increase. If they get to Ruidoso , NM that is east of Santa Rita NM about 125 miles that is 7000 plus feet above sea level, the migrants have to hike around the mountains to Roswell that is about 3500 feet. Albuquerque 5500 feet, Santa FE 7000 Feet. If your past Santa Fe on foot in the winter your will die of exposure over night. Angle Fire NM 2 years ago reported -50 below zero at one of the peaks. New Mexico is very beautiful State, but it can be brutal in the winter and summer. The Migrants are lied to by all the smugglers thinking its a warm desert, but the truth is it's high desert that's cold. Some southern NM areas maybe a little warmer , but not by much. NM has a lot of mountain terrain that is similar in Europe which I hear allot from people that visit from Germany, Italy, etc. let me put this way, It was snowing this Mid-October in Ruidoso temps in teens, I enjoyed a break form the all the heat this summer. The West Texas Desert is also very cold about now form el paso all the way north to Canada. Same for Arizona once past the border in AZ they might hit The Gila Forrest that borders AZ and NM state lines, that Forrest spans far and wide between both states. That place is cold I kid you not, you do not want to be there in the winter. its also black bear country people have been been attacked and killed every year in that forrest or lost and never found again. All of those areas are in the teens or single numbers at night if not lower. Right now even the desert plains at 2000 ft elevation its very cold as in below freezing. The prospect is no good at all for anyone crossing the border now. Its not different in the summer either its just one extreme to the next.

I know some ranchers in NM and AZ , and in Texas. all of them found more dead bodies in the last two years than ever before. Bodies found from the previous winter surface in the spring when moving the cattle to different pastures, summer bodies will be found in Fall , its a cycle. Bodies are found when moving the cattle, by hikers, or off road 4x4 club drivers. The border patrol hardly ever finds them. its normal non agency people that do, like you and me. once in while someone will see a coyote with human bone in there mouth and report it to the BP , but mostly likely the coyotes found a dead body and had lunch. Its rare they attack humans their still scarred of us, if they do attack its in a group for game like large deer etc. but they do get close at times because their curious. The media will never say a word about the body count, the desert environment etc. its a tragedy a that could be easily prevented. I've seen some of these bodies from photos that my rancher friends took for the BP so they could go get them or what's left of them. EEEH, I'ts bad most have been mauled by the wild life, some just dried up and withered in the wind with spots of dry rotten skin left on their bones. If your hiking and find just clothes and no camp site, well you know. I've thought I seen it all in the middle east. This is just inhumane to let something like this happen its just plain irresponsible, but this administration will spin this as " Of course It's inhuman that why we have to let them in, " they think were that stupid.

This is just one big humanitarian disaster than spans 3 states ! Can you imagine the body count alone combined between 3 states of border jumpers over just this past two years alone. I just keep thinking all these bodies are going to become one big bio hazard at some point that spans three states, if not already mutate and become another deadly virus from this all these dead bodies. The media would have you think its just a handful it's such BS, just put your boots on when the media states numbers like that. which they have.

The worst crimes are also coming from this uncontrolled exudes across our borders. . Just this past month in Albuquerque NM the police department found sex trafficking rings three of them. all located in houses as holding locations all with migrants along with some kidnapped U.S. Citizens. A mother and two of her daughters,others as well. The migrants paid coyotes to come to the U.S. a couple of months ago but were tricked, there captures were sex traffickers and kidnappers. The local city police did the bust Not the FBI there to busy with Twitter. there is also an uptick in kidnapping abductions in all 3 states Texas, NM, Arizona, again media is keeping it hush, hush. lots of missing women form the reservations in AZ and NM .

I also know some border agents and its true there are migrants crossing the border everyday with Corvid-19 . That is why Title 42 was put in place. The migrants are still crossing with corvid-19 today !

God Help Us , we really need it.

edit on 29-12-2022 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Texas should demand the Wall Be Built immediately to keep out this flood of millions of illegals -
And if the federal government fails, they should build it themselves or threaten to secede.
I remember reading recently how Arizona put up boxcars at their border, to keep them out.
If the federal government fails to protect them and do their job, they'll have to do it themselves.

If they did that Biden would laugh and Texas would end up doing nothing. It would be a huge PR win for Dems who could say look how extreme Republicans are.

top topics

join