It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armoured Core 6: Fires of Rubicon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The custom mech builder genre has been experiencing something of a decade long dry spell. The new armoured core should hopefully put an end to that.

I remember playing the very first armoured cored way back when a short demo on a PlayStation demo disk, instantly hook. I was just a small boy I recall finding it and renting it for the first time on ps1 and being absolutely blown away at the customization even back then. I would build mech after mech after mech.

This is way before Fromsoft was famous and armoured core was just and obscure Japanese made game. Armoured core never had the western audience or interest to the same level as the souls series and elden/bloodborne.

Now with fromsofts newfound overwhelming popularity people are watching and listening now. I am beyond excited to see what direction they move the series.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Nice

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I really wish they had the controller that Steel Batallions used. That was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen as far as controllers are concerned. They are entertaining games, though, and I am looking forward to this one, maybe some first-person with VR support.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yea I agree the steel battalion controller was very cool had a big red button with a flip up cover even.
The game itself was kinda lacklustre if memory serves me right. Very hard gameplay that was also pretty boring and a HUD that literally obstructed about 30-50% of the entire screen.

a reply to: Hypntick

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow, super stoked!!! Been far too long.

edit on 10-12-2022 by TheRedHammer because: Post looked ugly

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am multi posting to get my 5 into posts done. I am athetos

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link