It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Christmas time. Get the little ones a mountain of LEGO's!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
The erector set is better, they come with motors. 🖕 lego

Or this for responsible children Umm grandpa was right sometimes and imagination and death and stuff

LEGO's are for little ones. Erector & Chemistry sets aren't what I call toys. Not in the sense of all this anyways. The next steps.

After the days of that one childhood friends LEGO basement, I had another friend that had a cool space and a bunch of crazy stuff. I never got Erector myself, always wanted, LEGO's helped stoke me on that. But new friend he had a bit of Erectors. And other cool stuff like paintball guns. And this one time we used the Erectors to make an electric chain. We had some coat hanger wire or something, it was thick but bendable, and we made a wire figure out of it. The head was a coil setup designed to fit a paintball inside it. We went with red. Then we Playdohed over the entire wire figure into a 'character'. We tried the (DC) slot track power supply at first. Just wasn't up to spec. So then we hooked it up direct to the (AC) wall outlet [as proper Electric Chairs are built]. As soon as we plugged him in the lights went out. Friends mom slightly freaked out what the hell were we doing. But then we hit the breaker. Went back up there. And sure enough he had frayed edges and as designed the paintball burted and oozed the red 'paint' from all around its Playdoh head.

And no doubt, we would have never been able to pull all that off, especially not the first try, with LEGO's.

edit on 9-12-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have used LEGO several times in Bible study groups, on the theme of "church-building" (1 Corinthians ch3). Set down the base on the table in the middle and say "I'm laying the foundation" (I do like my little joke).

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Along with Hot Wheels, Legos were my favorite toy growing up. Even as I got a little older, I loved the Technics and Model sets. In fact, I still have all of my Lego sets in storage. My kids played with Legos as well, but none of them were into it like I was. Their generation has way too many other distractions.

You need to pull them out of storage, lead by example. Or gift them to a friends young one. Or a strangers? Throw a fresh set in there to help stoke it perhaps. We have to inspire. Kids have all these monster creature type people coming at them from 'all' institutional and societal levels at this point. It's up to the rest of us to be the bolwork that we can figure out anyways against it. And in natural healthy organic ways.

Selfishly, I may pull them out of storage for myself. Could be a great stress reliever.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Kids need them more. Have a minute again with them, and pass them on. Kids have perverted monsters coming at them now from every level. Trying to make them obsess about the world ending (global warming etc). The Machine is trying to rob their childhood. Isn't that what happened to make Michael Jackson so f'd up?

He should have gifted tons of children LEGO's, etc. Instead he used the money to build Nevertell Ranch.

Gotta break all these trends.

How many dormant LEGO pieces are out there, not helping entertain and inspire some kids?

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
The erector set is better, they come with motors. 🖕 lego

Or this for responsible children Umm grandpa was right sometimes and imagination and death and stuff

Adding to that. At Erector and Chemistry sets age / intellect levels, they're no longer even the toys in this other sense: "toys" now are things like Dremels, soldering irons, and such. Those other sets / pieces are more like "materials (Erector parts) / equipment (chemistry ware)".

edit on 10-12-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein

Kids need them more. Have a minute again with them, and pass them on. Kids have perverted monsters coming at them now from every level. Trying to make them obsess about the world ending (global warming etc). The Machine is trying to rob their childhood. Isn't that what happened to make Michael Jackson so f'd up?

He should have gifted tons of children LEGO's, etc. Instead he used the money to build Nevertell Ranch.

Gotta break all these trends.

How many dormant LEGO pieces are out there, not helping entertain and inspire some kids?

I’m sure I will pass them on to my grandchildren one day.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Man, I totally vibe with your LEGO love! They're like the ultimate canvas for creativity, right? Reminds me of my childhood days too. We had this massive bin of LEGO bricks at my friend's place, and we'd spend hours building and rebuilding in his basement.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Not sure how I missed this thread.
Never had legos as a kid, but always wanted them.
So I used to buy my sons sets for Christmas.

When down in the basement, just after they moved out, and found all their old sets.

I now have my own lego room. It can be expensive and very addicting.

But now I have so much fun, and relaxing, just building MOC's for my grandsons. I put up a new one every month, for when they come to visit.

I figure that are A LOT of worse things I could be spending my money on.
Plus, you can make really good money, selling old sets, especially if they are still in the box!

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chugaster
Man, I totally vibe with your LEGO love! They're like the ultimate canvas for creativity, right? Reminds me of my childhood days too. We had this massive bin of LEGO bricks at my friend's place, and we'd spend hours building and rebuilding in his basement.

It was our go-to playground. Speaking of awesome toys, have you checked out nerfinfo.com... er-must-have? Just like LEGO, it's all about sparking imagination and endless fun!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join