It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica: Lux Æterna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just released today , first single from the album “72 Seasons” which is releasing April 14th.

edit on 28-11-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Aww, thats cute.

Metallica vying to be the radio version of Megadeth.

-from a 'Tallica fanboy

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's ok, nice riffs, but not too impressed actually.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Never have been a big fan of them, they are just OK in my opinion.
Not really impressed with that song though.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Gotta say, always liked Megadeth more. Metallica jumped the shark with the black album.

I have always wondered if their deal with the devil...so to speak...was to sacrifice Cliff. Dave wasn't down and was booted.

For the record, that has just always been a thought for no reason.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That’s always been the thing about Metallica, they’ve never really had much personality about them. It’s just a bunch of cool sounds.

They’re never really actually going anywhere with there lyrics… idk, just sounds like the same old imo.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

They should have dedicated "....And Justice For All" to Cliff and dissolved the band shortly after.

They're very talented, no doubt. So of course move on to different projects, but Metallica as a "sound" and direction, ended with Cliff.

They've been dragging out the inevitable for decades and here we are with this sophomoric hail Mary of an effort heavily influenced by MötorHead, splashed with a rehashed guitar solo from Kirk that was quite horrendous.

Been a big fan of the Thrash scene in the Bay Area since the early 80's. These guys contributed A LOT to the music and movement. However, this isn't it, IMO.
⭐+🇺🇸

edit on 11/28/2022 by EternalShadow because: eta correction

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I stopped listening to them a long time ago .. I found some of the songs started getting a country music feel to it ... Lacked any power and rawness to it .... The old stuff is good... I dont think I will listen to this ....I had no idea they had a new album that's how little I care for them these days... As teenager way back absolutely loved em

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I like it. Metallica will always get slagged no matter what they do by people who act as if they could do better.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
I like it. Metallica will always get slagged no matter what they do by people who act as if they could do better.

I think its that we know they can do better.

top topics

join