It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu Hits Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The winter bird flu just hit one chicken farmer today. 2 birds were found dead. The farmer has 140,000 birds.

The all have to be killed now.
The prefecture now has stopped all birds and eggs from being transferred out if that prefecture.

This is not good people. We are now seeing up to ¥300 yen for 10 eggs. We don't sell eggs by the dozen here.

edit on 11/19/2022 by semperfortis because: Corrected all caps

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Pfft! That's chicken feed!
We've had all our bird live stock locked up nationwide in UK for a while now. Creating an egg shortage and possibly no Turkeys for Christmas.
Bird 'lockdown' in UK
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
Yeah remember the huge fuss they made of bird flu wen it appeared years before Covid-it was in the news constantly.
Huge fuss made!
This time round,even though it has affected more areas and killed more birds-its only been a foot note in the news agenda.

That really shows how news is twisted into a political operation-but only when it suits TPTB.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yet more "we had to destroy the village to save it" nonsense. Seen it all before. Just another way to attack the people.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
300 Yen for 10 eggs, 30 per egg, that's 2.14 / .214 in USD.

One dozen large white eggs 12 count at Walmart in my town is 3.16 a DZ or .263 (repeating) per egg. 2.63 per 10 would equal roughly 369 yen.

That price doesn't sound too bad yet. Although I don't know what the local price was before this event, could have been a lot cheaper.

Still sucks, such a waste all around.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic -- widespread avian flu is inevitable now that many countries allow inoculation of their chickens/ducks/turkeys ... meaning no symptoms but the flu still gets transmitted.

The best non-fiction book in English for the general public on bird flu + its implications for humanity is 2009's The Fatal Strain by Washington Post reporter/editor Alan Sipress.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Eggs seem to be all over four bucks a dozen around here lately. I can't wait for my egg suppliers chickens to stop molting, I could only buy a dozen from them last week. The local eggs are gone in the store now, they used to be more expensive but now they are the same price or cheaper with the escalating prices of eggs.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Its hitting everywhere MM we have it in the uk and America has it but listening to a farmer on the radio the other day about why some supermarkets are rationing eggs , they are saying bird flu when its the supermarkets that will not pay them the going rate for production .

He stated that they get £ 1.07 PER DOZEN and it costs £ 1.40 to produce the eggs , many farmers have packed it in forcing the supermarkets to import them .

That was the gossip when Russia invaded the Ukraine in February that the wild birds were going to be loaded with viruses as they migrated to Siberia , then England ordered all birds indoors

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse -- when my family + I are in NorCal, we buy small eggs from heritage chickens raised at a local organic/sustainable vegetable farm. Few people know that John Jeavons, the teacher of newer sustainability approaches to growing vegetables + fruits, did almost all of his demonstration gardens + in-person teaching up here in Mendocino county, CA.

Prices this year in the USA for chicken eggs are all over the place, so it's hard to give specific shopping advice. We have a person in the family whose neurologist requires that only organic food be eaten, so we buy organic eggs at a local family-owned supermarket in Los Angeles county. The family-owned grocery stores all seem to offer better value, and usually with less ridiculous prices.

new topics

top topics

join