It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of England expects UK to fall into longest EVER recession

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

it feels like the BoE are after a 92 crash and the cons trying to emulate john major.. there has only been one route out of this for everyone since the 2007/8 crash and thats new wealth creation not trying to cut the existing wealth into ever smaller slices..

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Indeed!

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

No worries.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: MykeNukem

I have no doubt its going to get hard for some, probably the most needy and vulnerable in our society as usual.

But I grew up in the 70's and 80's in North East England in Thatcher's Britain....I assure you, that was #ing rough.
And to be honest, all we've had in the N.E. is varying degrees of 'hard times'.

I'm not trying to be dismissive or to play down the seriousness but a lot of this is scaremongering in order to push a certain narrative.

The causes; greed and the seemingly never ending pursuit of money. power and control.

Dead right, it's not the first hard times by a long shot. Black Monday in '87 was just after i did my O levels (both of them). There were no jobs at all. You spent half a day queuing in the dole office because, it seemed, half the country was unemployed; not strictly true, but it felt that way. They called us Maggie's Millions, as i'm sure you recall.

You had no choice, but to go into higher education. With hindsight, though that was a good thing. Every cloud...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join