It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duralex halts production due to energy prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Duralex France's glass manufacturing giant had shuttered and halted its production
Due to High energy prices.

This is a French glass manufacturing company had being manufacturing tempered glassware and tabletop products for over 80 years.
Not even lockdown restrictions had managed to force Duralex to halt its production.

Support for Ukraine and French supporting sanctions agaisnt Russia.
Managed to halt Duralex productions.

For a company that had being manufacturing glass over 80 years.

There are those who wont blame the sanctions agaisnt Russia. France currently has the highest energy soaring bill in Europe.

Duralex halts production due to energy prices

José Luis Llacuna, President of Duralex, said: “The price of energy usually represents 5% to 7% of our turnover. Today, it is around 40%. It is not tenable.”

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The shut down comes after some Companies in Germany had also decided to halt productions over due to high energy costs shutting down or halting due to sanction on Russian gas.

Europe is paying a price over its support of sanctions agaisnt Russia over Ukrainian/Ru conflict.
Its not even winter yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
While I do not support what Russia has done in invading Ukraine, I'm not a fan of the sanctions as they only hurt people in the long run.

I doubt Russia stopped to think about this though when they decided to murder innocent people.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I doubt Russia stopped to think about this though when they decided to murder innocent people.

Yet most of pro Ukrainian supporters are completely fine when it was Ukraine doing and murdering innocent people, civilians in Eastern Ukraine.

Along with poroshenko threatening those innocent civilians they would be the ones living in the bunkers and not being able to live or work.

While I do not support what Russia has done in invading Ukraine

Maybe the US should had thought of this before sending their lap dogs of war like John McCain and other senators to Ukraine a few years ago and telling Ukraine they would be going to a offensive war agaisnt Russia or ending the Minsk Agreements?

For a Nation of 200+ years of history.

Which nation had started more wars and proxy wars in other countries?

edit on 3-11-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
From what I remember Murano glass in Italy have closed about 80% of their factories. Their furnaces didn't stop for few hundred years but here we go. It's a shame how a few corrupt politicians can do so much damage to the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I don't know why I bother responding to your threads. You hate America and support murderous Russians.

Why anyone entertains your rants is a mystery to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You hate America and support murderous Russians.

murderous Russians? which nation has killed millions of Iraqis? pulled of "shock and awe" campaign by destroying civilian infrastructures in Iraq? Libya?

Or Serbia for the 70+ days of US/NATO led bombing which mostly destroyed civilian infrastructures?

Where did this nonsense of "murderous Russians" came up? from some of you that actual support zelensky while know nothing of history of "Ukraine & Russia"?

When it comes to America i dont hate America but i do hate the gov and current foreign policy towards certain other countries.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Why are some fake Anti War, Fake Anti Globalists on here pretending to be anti war on Syria, Libya but

But support the zelensky and globalists on Ukraine is behind me..

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
While I do not support what Russia has done in invading Ukraine, I'm not a fan of the sanctions as they only hurt people in the long run.

I honestly doubt there's even any real 'war' going on between Ukraine and Russia.
All of it is theater IMO. To launder money and to drain resources from the people to the corrupt 1%ers.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I don't know why I bother responding to your threads. You hate America and support murderous Russians.

Not America, corrupt American politicians/'elites' , WEF stooges who are purposely trying to destroy economies and ways of life with this 'war' theater.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Why are some fake Anti War, Fake Anti Globalists on here pretending to be anti war on Syria, Libya but

But support the zelensky and globalists on Ukraine is behind me..

Exactly. I'm anti-war , period. Any war. War is criminal, it makes super wealthy even wealthier, while they force other people's kids to fight their 'wars'

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I collect antique glass bottles and other glassware. I find the history behind the glass makers to be fascinating. I should be thinking more about contemporary glassware and invest in some of that.

Premium Glassware Crafted In La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin, France Founded in 1945, Duralex has been manufacturing tempered glassware and tabletop products for over 80 years in La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin in the very heart of France. Since 1945, when Duralex invented the glass tempering process, the name Duralex has been associated with toughened glassware, utilizing their proprietary process.

www.duralexusa.com

WHAT IS THE TRADEMARK VETRO ARTISTICO® MURANO? It is a proof of origin provided by the Veneto Region in compliance with the law 70, passed on December 23 1994. It certifies that products have been made on the island of Murano, according to glass making tradition. It is managed by Consorzio Promovetro.

WHY IS THE TRADEMARK NECESSARY? To protect the image of Murano glass and also to guarantee the customer about the origin of the product and that it has been made using traditional artistic methods born and developed over a thousand years in the island of Murano.

www.muranoglass.com
edit on 3-11-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   
They are paying a price for letting russia produce the energy so they can walk around proud that they had "gone green".

They were warned and people laughed at trump, I feel for the regular people but the people in power deserve every ounce of trouble coming their way.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They were warned and people laughed at trump

That same Trump that wanted Europe to get the expensive LNG gas supplies compared to the cheaper Russian gas that Europe and Germany and its economy had?

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

*shrugs* They relied on russia then russia invaded a sovereign nation now europe is paying the price for cheap gas for a while.

Going green before the tech supports it will kill people this winter.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That same "sovereign nation" that also was agaisnt the UN vote of getting rid of the US blockade on Cuba recently?

How is that being sovereign nation when you are directly the US foreign policy?

UN General Assembly rebukes US embargo on Cuba

with the US and Israel voting against and Brazil and Ukraine abstaining.

Brazil abstained because they were members of BRICS and are neutral on some issues.

If Ukraine were to vote they would had gone with US.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Going green before the tech supports it will kill people this winter.

dont blame Green Tech.
Blame the sanctions.
After certain countries pushed sanctions agaisnt Russia.
Russia's fertilizers exports had become expensive.

That hurts Western and Eastern Euporean Farms.

Green tech had nothing to do with this.
Its easy to blame Green Tech when you dont want to admit that the sanctions are responsible for the rise of the energy bills.

Green tech is supposed to lower down the costs of your energy costs.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yea it is the green tech and the lies surrounding it that caused this more than putins invasion, trump bellicose nature, bidens weakness or any policy decisions.

Without those lies they dont abandon everything on the word of a politician getting rich off the green sector.

top topics

join