It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaceful Assemblies for Freedom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What happened in Sri Lanka may happen here...the rug pulled out from under the people...your $$$ worth next to nothing, what are you gonna buy? No food to buy with worthless paper. Banks now have the legal ability to take YOUR money, not have to use FDIC bailouts.
All due to the workings of a few in power with enough others using the threat of violence to keep them there.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68
Recent activity
Some may suggest suspicious

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DevotedResearcher

Peaceful protests are ignored by governments when they can. When they can't be ignored, they are vilified. Just look at the recent trucker protest in Canada. Look at the Jan. 6 protests. If that had happened after Hillary Clinton lost, do you think the government would have the same reaction?

Something I think would help would be a new federal agency. I know, I know, just hold your nose and hear me out.

I think the biggest problem we have in this country is a lack of honesty and integrity in government. The way the laws are written, if you lie to the government, it's a crime, you go to jail. When the government lies to the people, it's just another day. Most of the time, the law says it's legal for the government to lie. But even if the lie is technically illegal, there are no consequences.

Cops can lie to people. They can even commit perjury in court without consequences, because prosecutors won't hold them accountable. Prosecutors themselves can lie in court and the law shields them from consequences. From the mayor of the smallest town to the POTUS, we get lies, and we accept it. Just politics, they say. From the rookie cop first day on the job to the head of the FBI, no accountability for their lies. Worst case, the taxpayers pay the price for their lack of integrity.

And I don't care what anybody says, if you lie for money, you have no integrity. Even if that money comes in the form of a government paycheck.

So, the first thing I propose is to change the law so that government employees are held to the same legal standard of honesty as everyone else. If you lie in your official capacity and that lie causes harm to others, you can be sued. If your lies rise to the level of criminal fraud, you're looking at jail time.

Second, we need to establish a federal agency with the sole purpose of prosecuting crimes committed by government employees. Anyone who draws a government paycheck would be under their jurisdiction: from the local dog catcher, to the state governor, to the head of the CIA, to the President.

The employees of this agency should be incentivized just like police departments and prosecutors. Raises, promotions, awards, advancements, etc. should depend on successful convictions. That way, they are motivated to go after the corrupt and dishonest. It would also help if the agency could be staffed by ex-cons as much as possible, especially the wrongfully convicted.

If an agency like that could be successfully implemented, you wouldn't have to worry about riots after a police shooting. This agency would go after killer cops the way cops go after cop killers. People like Dr. Fauci would be more careful and accurate about what they tell the public, knowing they could face civil and criminal prosecution. The head of the FBI would think twice about calling small groups of people are the greatest threat to America unless they had solid proof to back it up. A President or congressman who says, "This legislation will save taxpayers billions" could be prosecuted for fraud just like a Bernie Madoff if it turns out to be a lie. You get the picture.

The only way to get this country back on track is rigid intolerance towards dishonesty, double-standards, and deceit at all levels of government.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Look at the Jan. 6 protests. If that had happened after Hillary Clinton lost, do you think the government would have the same reaction?

The DOJ under Trump tried to send over 200 people to prison for 70+ years for protesting Trump's inauguration. In order to achieve this goal they subpoenaed the company that hosts the DisruptJ20 website for the IP address of every person that visited that site, they withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense, and worst of all, they worked with Project Veritas to forge evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If it was wrong then it is wrong now

Disgusting

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Peaceful protests are ignored by governments when they can.

That's true. But there is also just town-hall style get togethers that are more meetings than protests.

And I don't care what anybody says, if you lie for money, you have no integrity. Even if that money comes in the form of a government paycheck.

I agree with that.

The only way to get this country back on track is rigid intolerance towards dishonesty, double-standards, and deceit at all levels of government.

You sound like a person who could run for office!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join