It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All your thoughts belong to us -SOS2022- Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
"I can't imagine they let us do this", she said, while a blue sharp line of light swiveled over the 1998 VW Passat VR6 waiting in front of a ramp. "Don't worry, I told you, there's nothing you will take away from here that can do harm. Actually you are the one that is going to leave something here. Remind yourself about not thinking anything private, just enjoy the wonders of the day.".

The way was cleared and as the car passes the ramp, suddenly the lighting changed to a golden vibrant tone. The rain stopped, the sky cleared up. She was reminded about the "golden hours". The time of the day when the sun is low on horizon flooding everything it touches in a pleasant to look at light, but could not make out the source. "Strange", she thought. As they both exit the car in front of the huge box like building, she turns around to take a look back. Her eyes could not make out anything past the fence as there was some kind of barrier. She shrugged her shoulders and followed her guide into the entrance hall of the building.

There, she could not believe her eyes as a strange silver stingray was floating high above them, weightless dancing in the air.". What's that thing up there?" she asked, as she bent her neck while trying to soak in the impressions descending on her. "An artificial life form we created, beautiful, isn't it? Watch your step, stay behind me.", her guide answered. A thought crossed her mind "What it might be doing?" "Being". She turned around to try make out the voice's source, but there was no one to be found. Only her guide, waiving smiling at her, waiting in front of an escalator.They both enter and as the glass doors shut, she waited for the well known feeling of acceleration. Instead, the scene behind the glass door changed. The outside of the building came into view, where a car was being scanned by a blue laser. A black 1998s VW Passat with a man and a young woman inside.

"Must be a coincidence" she silently thought to herself, only to promptly hear the voice again "It isn't". Kim glanced at her guide, who had a satisfied smile on his face, the little wrinkles around the corner of the eye gave it away. The door opens and they step out again into the same entry hall, just that this time, they were not alone. The hall was filled with busy people, carrying strange devices that emit all sorts of scattering light. She took a moment to observe some sort of mirror, where she saw herself walking towards her. She heard a question in her own voice, a rather naive question. "Being", she snarky said and startled as her mirror-view just walked through her. "What the #??" ran through her mind.

"Time is working different here. You need to learn to concentrate more.".

That voice again! Thoughts inside her head began to spin, she lost orientation for a moment. "Everything okay? It's normal the first time", her guide chuckled, "I know you will get used to it very soon -and that you will soon run this place.", supporting her by reaching his arm around her shoulder. "How can you know th..?", Kim replied but shut up in the middle of the sentence, as a woman in a silver coat raised her interest. She had her hair done just like herself and a glass tablet in her hands standing in front of a palm tree in a metallic pod, talking to it. She approached, but the woman didn't take note of her. Kim, however, noted the scar on the woman's neck, began to understand. Memories she never had flooded her consciousness.

Everything began to spin and when she could orientate herself, she was led by her guide towards the elevator door. As she heard a profanity, she could not help herself telling that young woman, that time is working different here and that she needs to concentrate more. She woke up in the black VW Passat to the engines noise accelerating down the ramp. "I had a strange dream", she said but as she tried to speak about it, already forgot. "Did you enjoy the day?"

"I... guess?"

edit on 2.10.2022 by TDDAgain because: The END

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for your submission.

Good Luck in the Contest!
Johnny

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I had a lot of fun, unattached to this contest I wrote a few more follow ups and created some graphics that I will use in the Chapters 4+. For the members that liked this one, here are the follow-up's:

Chapter 2: These scrolls belong to Zosira
Chapter 3: Captured in the trollscape
Chapter 4: Duckgrades

edit on 4.10.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
I had a lot of fun, unattached to this contest I wrote a few more follow ups and created some graphics that I will use in the Chapters 4+. For the members that liked this one, here are the follow-up's:

Chapter 2: These scrolls belong to Zosira
Chapter 3: Captured in the trollscape
Chapter 4: Duckgrades

Any new tales coming, duckie?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
check out the latest thread (Chapter 4)

new topics

top topics

join