It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army falls 25% short of recruiting goal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Socioeconomic sentiment aside, the leading cause of death for adults 18-45 is a fentanyl overdose.
www.wral.com...
Poor decision making, inherited propensity and general acceptance of drug use aside, where is all this Fentanyl coming from?

From China and India.

If sanctions are considered an act of war, then what is chemical warfare by proxy called???

Probably just that.

The cartels smuggling it into the country is a symptom of a larger conspiracy. The cartels are NOT the source.

Why are we not sanctioning China or India or any other mega manufacturing country or entity for the hyperproduction of Fentanyl?? Why do they seem to have carte blanche immunity for it's end use???

My point is that a great deal of our fighting aged males and females are "neutered", civically devoided and addicted to drugs and excess in general. It's not the WHOLE problem with recruitment, but it's definitely a facet.

Fentanyl is a WMD. The addiction rates and death toll, not to mention the aggregate costs associated with societal degradation to individuals and infrastructure make it a bonafide generation destroyer akin to krack kokane, although I think fentanyl will soon be the worst drug epidemic in history if it isn't already.

⭐+🇺🇸

edit on 10/1/2022 by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
They also still require the dangerous and risky experimental Covid jabs which most of the potential recruits are refusing.

Under a shoddy commander like Biden, only the most desperate will enlist.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Here

comes

the

Draft

Recall ! 😃

I so worry about this for my son! It's so criminally unjust , what they're doing. You can be sure they purposely divided the military with wokeness, in order to fall short on recruitment ,so they can re-instate the draft!
Is there anything that can be done then to avoid this? He's 11 , but he'll be 18 one day

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Two reasons, I suspect:
Vax requirement
Woke environment

AHAAA... ONE OF THE BIGGEST MYSTERIES NOBODY WANTS TO TOUCH

WHY DID LEFTIES UPTAKE THE VAX BASED ON NADA ZIP ZILCH

WHY DID RIGHTYS DECLINE

SOMEBODY DARE TO ANSWER THAT

AND TELL ME THERE WAS NO PSYOPS

THAT DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN WITH GREAT IN-DEPTH RESEARCH OR EVEN INTEREST IN RESEARCHING IT

FOR A REASON

ANYBODY WANNA EXPLAIN?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: new_here

Two reasons, I suspect:
Vax requirement
Woke environment

AHAAA... ONE OF THE BIGGEST MYSTERIES NOBODY WANTS TO TOUCH

WHY DID LEFTIES UPTAKE THE VAX BASED ON NADA ZIP ZILCH

WHY DID RIGHTYS DECLINE

SOMEBODY DARE TO ANSWER THAT

AND TELL ME THERE WAS NO PSYOPS

THAT DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN WITH GREAT IN-DEPTH RESEARCH OR EVEN INTEREST IN RESEARCHING IT

FOR A REASON

ANYBODY WANNA EXPLAIN?

Stupid people are more easily manipulated?

Do you have any other brain buster questions?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I can tell you exactly why.

We are no longer going to send our sons and daughters to the new "Woke" military. That is a fact.

I am a 3rd generation veteran (my grandfather was WWII, My Father Vietnam, Myself Cold War,) and with the changes in the last couple of years, there is no way I would recommend it to my children. I am far from the only one. Most of the military is / was conservative for a reason, conservatives had a much greater tendency to join the military than their urban liberal counterparts.

That is changing now.

What is that chilly breeze? Oh, is that a DRAFT I feel?
edit on 1-10-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
That's to bad.
Even if there are fit people how many people currently are willing to sign up for something like that we are bond to be lied to go to war with another nation or group?

US Army falls 25% short of recruiting goal

The Army fell about 15,000 soldiers — or 25% — short of its recruitment goal this year, officials confirmed Friday, despite a frantic effort to make up the widely expected gap in a year when all the military services struggled in a tight jobs market to find young people willing and fit to enlist.

If President Biden Re-Implemented the MILITARY DRAFT, as this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... says he's thinking about doing, would you be a "draft dodger"?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I wonder if this is specific to the US or if it's a trend globally.

I just read a news story today that here in Canada, our military is also having trouble meeting recruitment goals.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
OhOh the plan could be to get U.N. Troops to replace the gaps !!!!!! 💀

One-World-ORDER !!!!💀

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I already did my time in the military, but I wouldn't enlist now. Not a chance in hell.

Ditto, and definitely not enlisted army, no way in heck from what I observe.

Same, no way I'd reenlist. It's a setback. People are better off not joining the military if they want to be successful and have a healthy life.
edit on 1-10-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Bingo. And guess who will supply about 99% of this new world police? Chiiiina!

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Drones and droids. That’s what it’ll end up being eventually, if we even make it that far.

Then of course, they’ll turn on us.

“This Is The World Now. Logged On, Plugged In, All The Time.”

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Add in the ones most likely to make it in are from conservative states who love their country and spend their days tossing hay and cows which is why they tend to stay fit enough to make it ... well, they end up serving the ones who tell them they're horrible people for being who they are. Why would you want to sign up for that abuse detail?

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm not surprised given the uncertainty, globally, of an expanded conflict. Add in to it that a lot of people have been paid not to work and the allure of joining up is gone. Vaccine mandates have always been a thing in the military so that's not a contributing factor. Woke policies being expanded (look at their recruiting ads) and internally, a less merit based promotion system.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not enlisted, but I have military themed bootcamp dreams frequently.

This last time there were a bunch of new recruits doing yoga and in a pose on their hands and knees and twerking.

I looked at my CO and told them there was no way in hell I was going to do that.

I woke up soon after.

I don't know if this was prophetic or what, but it saddens me.

edit on 10/2/22 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity, grammar

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

My dad was a DI back in the 70’s.
I’ve heard stories all my life about it, and it wasn’t good.

I asked him if it were like full metal jacket, he said no….. worse.
I asked him if people really unalived themselves, he said yes, often. What surprised me was that
DI also did it. He was left with a massive platoon because of it.

The pendulum was swung so far to one direction, and now it has ricocheted back to the other direct.
Neither is good.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

DIs and RDCs basically sacrifice their home lives to be with their recruits 24/7. People only take those for advancements requirements or because they're made to do it.

My RDC had turned into an alcoholic and I'm pretty sure his wife ended up leaving him. I ran into him at the base bar in Great Lakes when I graduated boot camp and went across the street for ATT and A school. He was still a RDC.

I found out that basically all he did was spend the whole day hungover and hating life and recruits and then going across the street to drink and socialize for a few hours, before laying down to stare at the ceiling for a couple of hours before having to go shout at recruits again.

Yeah, I don't blame him, but if he was a smart man he would have got out when he had the chance. Or been a recruiter at the very least.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

DIs and RDCs basically sacrifice their home lives to be with their recruits 24/7. People only take those for advancements requirements or because they're made to do it.

Some of my first memories were of my dad coming home at midnight and then going to work at 4am.
He went up the ranks pretty high until there was no further to go except the political realm and he didn't want that, he was asked/encouraged.

I remember ONE time in my life him having a drink, that was in the 80's and he got very ill and I saw him, and never saw him drink after that, not even a beer. It just wasn't his thing. He hated alcholics and druggies. He had several friends die of OD during Vietnam. He said every single pilot he knew was a drug addict.
He was actually the kindest, most gentle dad a person could have. He encouraged me to do art, we went shopping together, cooked together. He never yelled, nor spanked us kids. Dissapointing him was discouragement enough. He was absolutely sickened how the military recruited soliders. He often said they would take advantage of the poor and downtrodden because they didn't have any other choices and they didn't realize what they were signing away.

The flip side of my dad, his soliders were terrorfied of him. He had an uncanny ability to be scary to some, and like a teddy bear to others. I never once, never saw a mean or cruel side to him in my entire life. He was actually quite funny and he is the reason I love Bigfoot, aliens (seriously, esp aliens) and all other things paranormal. He was obsessed with it. I often wonder if it was from something he...experienced while in the military.

I share one last memory.
My dad and his troops were getting to go to reforger. There seemed to be thousands of soliders. My dad was in the front and he would yell, and then they would yell, the sound of their voice would reverberate through the foggy air. It was surreal. I was about 8 at the time. I couldn't stop crying and my mom was getting so upset because she said my crying would make her cry. It was a difficult life to be in the military or to be part of a military family. People have no clue unless they have experienced it....
edit on 2-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think the goal all along was two fold. One is to weaken the US military. The other is to justify the use of NATO troops here. And that is a bad thing. Its one thing to think US troops would have a hard time firing upon their own people. But when its NATO troops - no problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A "Federal Army" is a waste of tax dollars anyway.
It's a "used car" sales pitch, for the weapons manufacturers.... it always has been, when there's no war for profit.

"The War Department" is now, "The Department Of Defense". Because nobody wants to pay for a war department, when there's no war. That's just silly.
But defense? That's totally different!

By law, The Navy gets funded every four years.
The Army gets funded every two years. You know why?
The/an Army, isn't needed all the time.

If the "Federal Government" needed Soldiers for a war? I mean a real war. They'd just draft you. I hope you signed up?

The only "Military force" the U.S.A. (Federals) need, is a good Navy and now days, (now that we have discovered flight),... a good Air Force. Which used to be an Army job, but T.P.T.B. f'ed that up also.

Politicians get big money on investments, when there's no accountability. But there's "a law", that products must be purchased from companies they are invested in.

The idea of "national defense", or a "national Army" job. In reality, has lost all meaning, at the southern border.

The only reason to invade, or go to war with another country? Is to black top it, and put up a McDonald's and teach them English. Odd that the Army can lose a war, but still win "for the country".

Because Lord knows. We ain't won one in awhile.

Lord knows, I can't stand marines and I think they're the most over blown, waste of military tax dollars, and need to be disbanded again. Like they were twice before.

But Gen. Butler was right, "War is a racket".

edit on 2-10-2022 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2022 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join