It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Brit Meteorite Suggests Evidence of Alien Oceans

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So. Analysis of this meteorite suggests evidence of the existence of ET oceans.

This is the sort of stuff I came here for.

I'm sure more knowledgeable members than me may have some views?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 16-9-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

DANG!...Pay wall.
Can you post pics, please?

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Stop the page loading just after clicking on the link and you avoid the paywall.If you let it load properly you get the paywall.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It worked for me?

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The meteorite is a Carbonaceous Chondrite, suspected to be the crustal parts of an exploded minor or major planet that now occupies the asteroid belt. Most contain amino acids and most all contain methane like Murchison and Allende. They all have some minute water content but this one is exceptional.

This will be one of the most valuable of all meteorites with characteristics that it has and I hope science gets to keep most of it as great research will come out of it.

The original meteor disintegrated after it hit the atmospheric wall at comic velocity and the pieces that were left, fell at terminal velocity in a path know as a strewn field. This is certainly not the only piece that fell and there are many others, just not found yet. Since this was collected less than 24 hours after the fall, it is not contaminated, but that will not be true for any others that have yet to be found.

There was a great search by meteorite hunters as the orientation of the strewn field has been worked out. As yet, someone is going to get rich if they find a piece, especially if part of what is left of the main mass. If I was younger, I would be on the trail as well.

If you do find a piece, get it authenticated ASAP, but try to keep your identity confidential. The work has already been done to classify it and give it a name, so it will not cost you much, as finds are tested against the known compositions and the certificate will be the value ticket. Saying that, however, it depends upon WHERE you find it, as the owners of the land you find it on will come out of the woodwork and take you to court, even though they had no idea it was there.

edit on 16-9-2022 by charlyv because: sp + content

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If there’s one piece…. I would think others of this type fell on other parts of earth….

👽

edit on 16-9-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am a huge fan of the theory that the ocean from a previous planet in our solar system made it's way to affect Earth. Perhaps the Noahtic flood was from such an event. Running into parts of a debris field from that planet makes a lot of sense. Clearly, Mars had it's atmosphere blown off of it and the scar is huge on the surface. Perhaps water from Mars came instead?

That it would be similar to our oceans would mean it was from this Solar system, IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I thought it was a very interesting story!
The fact that it's a left over from the early solar system and is from part of a larger carbonaceous asteroid thats from 4.6 billion years ago is bind blowing.

“It’s also got two per cent carbon, and a significant fraction of that is organic materials, like amino acids. If you want to start making DNA and stuff, you need amino acids, so all of these starting materials are locked up in the Winchcombe meteorite.”

edit on 3-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The building blocks of DNA have been bombarding Earth its entire life. The hard evidence is enough for me to conclude that life is not an anomaly to this planet, rather it is intrinsic to the nature of the universe.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Nice avatar! Thanks for sharing the pics.

top topics

join