It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best is when Christians etc fight Christians etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm not actually singling out Christian's with the premise here. It's really about people that pray for their "god" to like make sure they decimate their enemies. And the inherent reality that eventually everyone in a conflict may just be actually praying to the same god by "name" even.

The "heathens", like everyone not into "God".... gotta take em out. Those goshed darned barbarians. Barbarians I say!

The Bible totally helped me rationalize sending some Small Pox infected blankets over as peace offerings.

And that's just OLD stuff. Now we can get into getting all worked up about say Catholic vs. Christian terrorism, or perhaps Sunni vs. Shia sectarianism, or if integrating American efficiency, now you can even hate your neighbor, for not looking like you.

And then pray to your god to help you wipe them out.

I've got horror movie tracks to play to the tune of that god such folks are preying for.
edit on 9-9-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Should single out christians, we get it wrong more than most
Jesus answered by saying, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37–40).
Not only did Jesus teach that, He also taught
But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, Luke 6:28. bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Don’t think many other faiths teach that rule

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, Luke 6:28. bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Admittedly, I don't pray because even if God exists, I dont think there's a direct line between my conciousness inside my skull and God listening in simultaineously with billions of other people to tune into our feels and emotional pleas over every little thing.

Stuff like wanting a family member to stop a bad habit, that's a good example I guess. No reason why I came up with that because my family is all deceased and moved away without contact but it came off the top. I don't think God is going to get your brother or mother to stop smoking cigarettes or start going to church because you're praying for it.

Bad, tragic # happens everyday, its within the rules of reality. People get murdered, the bad guy wins, bad things happen to good people, God doesn't intervene. He's not listening to "prayers" (thoughts) of people wanting something to be a certain way.

There IS something satisfying about doing good to those who hate you though in certain situations, definitely can feel good.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It is common that a culture will sort out most of its issues within that culture. It does not always work that way as larger general cultures or cross over of cultures take place.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think you are right, few teach.
But if the main representative power abusing the teachings for influence, is not practicing what they preach, what's my association to that doctrine worth?

Guilty by association because I feed into the same entity?

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Except the small pox blankets is made up history spouted off by a criminal liar. What else about history have you been brainwashed to believe?

You also show your complete none understanding of religion even at base level, in that the three Abrahamic religions DO believe in prettt much the same thing and the same god and the same people who interacted and they fight and kill each other over the minor details.

You read like a fresh 18 year old who just aced his bio exam and now he is gunna teach the world about humanity.

edit on 9-9-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

The main source is Jesus. All others are just men and the Lord warns us about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok, the Pox blankets misinfo...

They didn't know it would give them anything because at the time they didn't even know about bacteria and viruses.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Admittedly, I don't pray because even if God exists, I dont think there's a direct line between my conciousness inside my skull and God listening in simultaineously with billions of other people to tune into our feels and emotional pleas over every little thing.

I'm pretty certain that makes God unhappy that you don't believe there's a direct line from him to you, so that it causes you not to even pray.

I know myself that he does indeed know your every thought and loves you with the hope that you will.

I was once in your shoes, so I know.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I hope selfish prayers go to the toilet.

Watch what you say and how you say it. You might be talking with the devil.

Hed want confusion and chaos. Its tasty

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Whats funny is when people single out Christianity like every other large organized group hasn't done something horrific in history.

Just like when everyone wants to point out the flaws of the US yet ignore many others over the last 60 years that have killed 10s of millions.

(note for the slow I am not saying Christianity, or the US is free from sin just suggesting people learn a little and think a little more for themselves)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
You also show your complete none understanding of religion even at base level, in that the three Abrahamic religions DO believe in prettt much the same thing and the same god and the same people who interacted and they fight and kill each other over the minor details.

Are you seriously going to play coy and act like every place Christian believers happened to conquer, their timely interpretations of god bible whatever didnt turn to help them rationalize the decimation agenda's it turned out in the end they where performing?

The "heathens". i.e. non-believers.

Cortez and the Missionaries anyone? Go look up Canada's history with the Native Americans, and I mean like even at the end of the 20th Century. Or what they did down in Argentina like practically zero natives left down there.

And its not like its even just Christians. The Vikings, or Muslims, or Mongols.... whichever, whoever, for all of time, everytime bet every one of them were praying to "their god" to help them annihilate their prey. Pray To Prey.

What's that saying, there are no Athiests in a foxhole.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

And then pray to your god to help you wipe them out.

I've got horror movie tracks to play to the tune of that god such folks are preying for.

Think I know the one you mean...

But that happens with ALL ideologies. Gnostic channeling of intent is a VERY IMPORTANT part of religious psychodrama. All religious prayer. All prone to wild emotion.

The world is getting more "new age" though. Ways that justify destruction of foes. Now you can safely call on Count Furfur of the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum and later the plagiarized Lesser Key of Solomon to do your bidding.

"Protect me, and destroy my enemies cuz you got my back, demon with a hilarious name."

Then stand, light candle, ring chime, and speak in a John Dee gibberish language to call on whatever, and feel like you have something powerful on your side.

Same thing to be tarnished by ego.

And if you want to be esoteric, What's the difference between Serifot and pillars really?

People need to retain compassion somehow. Does asking for destruction always require the balance of charity?
edit on 10-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Maybe God is democratic and listens to a majority of what people are praying for?

But I pray inbthe closet in secret so I don't know what others are praying for...

Maybe we can all pray for the same thing on Friday and Sunday at some universal time code out of Geneva and see if that works, like a mass global collective unconscious kind of thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Ohhh a Closet Prayer. Er Preyior? Whatever. I had this one friend growing up he referred to his brother as being a "closet coke head".

-God So Vein

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Matthew 6:5-6

“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.”

“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Every single people who worshiped ended up with higher society then the savages who “worship the earth”

Point to one ancient society who actually accomplished anything in terms of mathematics or society who didn’t have a god at its core. Just the bush living savages I am afraid.

Lol you even use a quote that you don’t under “there are no atheists in fox holes” that means when the going gets tough we all believe.

Your the kind of person mao would have absolutely loved. So eager to get rid of the “four olds”

i have anything saying for you and this one is more apt

Useful idiot

edit on 15-9-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Ok, the Pox blankets misinfo...

They didn't know it would give them anything because at the time they didn't even know about bacteria and viruses.

and had natural immunity so they really didn't get sick. and didn't know something was wrong with the blankets.
edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

top topics

join