It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto, Jung/Freud, Psychology, The Unconscious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There is copious research to be done regarding my entitled points. I have done some research coupled with my own direct experience/unfolding/life-challenges. Pluto can be symbolized by psychology, the subconscious/shadow, underworld, dark night of the soul, power. I find it an interesting thing of note that we later rejected Pluto as a planet altogether - a potential analogy our our mass avoidance/bypassing of our shadow-side... Thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

Bright lights casting dark shadows?

Pluto isn't on my radar, though I feel it's important to cultivate an awareness of our shadow in order to encourage practising effective communication and more harmonious relationships with others...

edit on 4-9-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
PLATO

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What I think I can offer as information is this:

I personally never accepted the theory that Pluto is not a planet. Always have. I still believe that it is. I'm not sure what that means, but it's been something for me personal.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

A first pass at Pluto, which takes 248 (+-) to orbit the sun and therefore moves very slowly against the backdrop of a natal chart can be categorized simply as "an eruption" from either the personal unconscious or the collective. But it can also signify the sudden burying/hiding (an inverted eruption) of something into the realm of the unconscious.

Jung was quite taken with Astrology and put his thoughts/experiences/studies in the very personal Red Book.

Cosmos and Psyche by Richard Tarnas is a masterwork on Pluto (and the other transpersonal Planets). He likens Pluto influences as a personal descent into the underworld where one can find all manner of riches a la Inanna's (queen of the heavens) Descent into the underworld to offer condolences to her sister Ereshkigal upon the death of her husband.

Summary: www.worldhistory.org...

That's the first written (1,900) BCE account of such a journey which is repeated in the patriarchical Myths of the Eyptians, Greek, and Romans and is the basis for the New Testament account of Jesus's decent into hell for three day and his rising.

Mark Jones another well respected Astrological author takes special note of Pluto in his work. See "Healing the Soul"

Classical or Hellenistic Astrologers don't signify the outer planets, Uranus (see the mysth of Ouranos and/or Prometheus - there is much discussion about which myth fits better personally both work for me), Neptune and Pluto, what so ever.

Big, big topic

new topics

top topics

join