It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA delays Artemus mission..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hydrogen leaks are not something to be trifled with so probably for the best.

I heard earlier today that it was trouble cooling down one of the engines.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I heard earlier today that it was trouble cooling down one of the engines.

As Bluntone said above, the reason for the scrub was a problem with engine #3, not a fuel leak. As far as I heard, there was no fuel leak.

There was a report of a crack in the main tank's insulation at a flange, but from what I heard the crack is in the insulation only -- not the tank itself. The crack was causing condensation to freeze up in it (likely because the tank behind the crack is so cold). The crack in the insulation seemed to be a manageable issue. I'm not sure if that would have scrubbed the launch.

The problem with engine #3 (unrelated to the insulation crack) is that they could not bleed furl through the engine properly to cool the engine down to the operational temperature. The engine parts need to be cooled because they would otherwise be the ambient temperature of the air -- 65 or 70 degrees F -- and would suffer a shock when the freezing liquid hydrogen flows through it at launch. Cooling it down reduces that temperature shock.

edit on 29/8/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Oh Well , Kamala's " Womankind " will have to Wait yet Again..........

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yeh i think there seem to be a few problems that should be sorted.

Hopefully before Friday if possible and the launch can proceed.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

One Small Step for Womenkind Backwards................*)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I was up and ready to watch it this morning, but they called it at t-minus 40 minutes. I honestly thought it was a long shot to have it launch today with all the technical issues they’ve had, but yes Friday is the next window starting at 12:38 I believe. Hopefully they figure out what’s going on with engine three and we have an awesome launch on Friday.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

You really think in a capitalist-driven economy that they wouldn't have wanted to push this technology out onto the market by now? The economy would flourish in a society where great distances could be crossed quickly and easily.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: panoz77

We are in short supply of pixie dust so we are stuck with liquid oxygen and hydrogen...

So you actually think that over the past 60 years, we haven't advanced in propulsion from solid and liquid fuel rocket engines? OK, lol

We have ion thrusters, and even "solar sails", but those are very, very slow and it takes years for them to achieve great speed. So yeah, as far as most launches go, we're stuck with chemicals burning.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Im not sure what you are going on about Zanti Misfit.

Assuming its political or whatnot with the Kamala statement.

I just want to see the rocket launch and the mission proceed for all mankind(Personkind i suppose these days).

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Not to derail (although, thread seems to be well played out already), but...

Considering the "big picture" from a "CT" pov, has it peaked anyone's "smell-o-meter" that Artemis is set to orbit the Moon just days after Congress quietly announces its recognition of the existence of trans-media" UAP's"; unknown objects apparently capable of transiting across space/atmosphere/sea, which are not identifiable as terrestrial in origin.

Now, I may be making too much of a something that is just a coincidence, but it occurs to me the the ideal "high ground" from which to observe (and possibly, track) objects transiting from space to Earth's atmosphere, and/or oceans, would be from an orbit around the Moon.

From a threat assessment standpoint, it is vital that we determine whether or not these UAP'S are terrestrial in origin; if they are, then it is likely that an opposing nation (or species?) Is their source. Potentially very bad news for our national security.

But there is no way to make that determination using ground or Earth orbit assets. There's always the possibility that you are not in the right place, at the right time, to catch the launch of the target.

(Which brings to mind the question: Just what is the mission of t b e USAF's X37 spaceplane? Why did they design it to be so maneuverable? And, why are its missions so long?)

However, a nice leisurely cruise around the Moon would offer the perfect vantage point from which to monitor vast areas beyond Earth's atmosphere for "visitors" arriving from "out of town".

It would be interesting to know whether the military might be executing any exercises during Artemis's mission of the sort that have, in the past, aroused UAP contact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join