It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you know there are spirits around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My husband took me for a little getaway.

The property is an old mansion turned hotel. Absolutely gorgeous.
The main hotel gave me very good vibes, nothing spooky, nothing off.

Then…dummm dummm dummm.
There is a basement bar. The second I walked in… I could feel it.
Feel what you ask? I don’t know how to describe it, it. A coldness, something off, weird feeling, like the hairs on the back of your neck, but not really. Like your brain knows some stuff went down but it can’t put your finger on it. The older I get the more I can separate this feeling from normal feelings…
I wrote a while back about a fancy hotel where the pool creeped me out, turned out there was a child that had drowned there.

Well, I talked to the receptionist and asked what was that basement in the past.
It was an old doctors office!!!!!! Yes sir, my intuition has never failed me.
A doctor owned the mansion and he used to see patients down there. She said the drain used to be to wash away blood…
And I’m not sure if she was joking or not. No doubt people died down there. Apparently others have heard noises and such in the main house. Walking sounds. I felt nothing evil, if anything there is a love, a comfort, really good vibes. That is a rare feeling for very old places, let me tell you. It is as if all the bad juju is trapped in the basement.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Got a link to the place you went to? I love old mansions.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Is there anyplace on this ancient, death riddled, mostly illusory "rock" that isn't chock full o' spirits?

Forgetting the possibility of animism, or the far- out assertions of the guy at mud-fossil u, when one thinks of the sentient life that has trudged and suffered through the endless seasons, dying willy-nilly across the face of the world, in its' seas and even deep into the cavernous depths, it gets a bit overwhelming.

Add the allegedly non-sentient life, macro and microscopic, that has expired over the eons and the amount of possible spirity remnants dwarfs any conception of organic life that's wiggling around.

Perhaps there is a cosmic exorcism, like a periodic pan galactic nova, that wipes away the accumulations of spirity fear, resentment, desire and ennui?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Bars should have good spirits in them or they are not worth drinking there. Cheap spirits tend to leave a bad taste in your mouth the next day.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Talk of blood and deceased doctors aside. One can just think of the deceased as the neighbors. The Nature spirits and such like too.

"Heaven and hell" are not by any means compulsory in the greater scheme of things.

edit on 19-8-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
May your memories of me remind you of my memories of you.

a reply to: Baddogma

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I once worked in a lovely old building where the basement had been used as a morgue during the second world war. I worked alone at night and mainly in the basement. Members of staff would say I'd never work here alone at night citing the odd anecdotal tale.
Imagination can be a wonderful creative thing but when coupled with magical thinking it can become rather silly and childish.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
After years and years of Ghost to Ghost with Art Bell , where people called in on Halloween night with unscreened and real ghost stories , I am a believer.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I went to a Halloween costume party held at an old funeral home in Detroit some 30 years ago. They left it as the mortician left it. I even checked out the work room in the basement. As creepy as that should have been, I had a great time with no creepy vibes. On the other hand, a local rock bar I frequented was pretty evil, I'd say it was cursed and was under demonic influence. I wasn't the only patron that felt that way. Crimes, beatings and death were pretty common around that place, not to mention the types you could meet there.

Bars are dangerous and I can understand getting a bad vibe in some of them. A local biker bar in my own rural area got real scary after the sun set, I called it "Dusk to Dawn" like the movie. That vibe changed instantly when the sun went down.

"Sundown you'd better take care"
edit on 19-8-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
My husband took me for a little getaway.

The property is an old mansion turned hotel. Absolutely gorgeous.
The main hotel gave me very good vibes, nothing spooky, nothing off.

Then…dummm dummm dummm.
There is a basement bar. The second I walked in… I could feel it.
Feel what you ask? I don’t know how to describe it, it. A coldness, something off, weird feeling, like the hairs on the back of your neck, but not really. Like your brain knows some stuff went down but it can’t put your finger on it. The older I get the more I can separate this feeling from normal feelings…
I wrote a while back about a fancy hotel where the pool creeped me out, turned out there was a child that had drowned there.

Well, I talked to the receptionist and asked what was that basement in the past.
It was an old doctors office!!!!!! Yes sir, my intuition has never failed me.
A doctor owned the mansion and he used to see patients down there. She said the drain used to be to wash away blood…
And I’m not sure if she was joking or not. No doubt people died down there. Apparently others have heard noises and such in the main house. Walking sounds. I felt nothing evil, if anything there is a love, a comfort, really good vibes. That is a rare feeling for very old places, let me tell you. It is as if all the bad juju is trapped in the basement.

You do realise that you can say this about pretty much any place/building on the planet?

I bet you someone has died in 99.9% of all buildings in the world...

If ghosts/spirits were real we would have irrefutible evidence by now....

PA

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Ive said here before. A sensitive, Bed and Breakfasts and Antiques stores are hard for me. What was, is. What is now, will imprint ahead....and I feel all of it. I just up and move over or away. Wife is used to it after 30+ yrs.

Bless ya, J

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Got a link to the place you went to? I love old mansions.

PM

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

You do realise that you can say this about pretty much any place/building on the planet?

I bet you someone has died in 99.9% of all buildings in the world...

If ghosts/spirits were real we would have irrefutible evidence by now....

PA

Oh absolutely people have died all over the place. Many many old homes had death in them.
The difference is.... not all places retain spirits, ghosts, whatever you want to call it.

I will not try to convince anyone, I think it's something you have to experience first hand. I know I did.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ive said here before. A sensitive, Bed and Breakfasts and Antiques stores are hard for me. What was, is. What is now, will imprint ahead....and I feel all of it. I just up and move over or away. Wife is used to it after 30+ yrs.

Bless ya, J

I started going to antique stores with my dad at age 8. The older I get the more I feel things.
You probably understand what I mean more than most.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

There was a large, multi-story building that used to be a nursing home that closed down near my mother's house. While the new owners were working out renovations, they asked me if I wanted to live in one of the rooms for free and be the "security guard" for the property.

One day, I went to tour some of the rooms to pick out which one I wanted to live in. The building was on the river and the front entrances of the units I was looking at faced the river which provided some beautiful views.

Standing on the balcony and looking out over the river gave me some very peaceful feelings. I kid you not, as soon as I walked through the door of one of the units I had the instant feeling of dread and oppression come over my body. I felt like there was an actual weight putting pressure on my chest.

As soon as I stepped out of the unit the feeling immediately went away. I then entered another unit and felt the same sad and oppressive energy as the first.

Not sure what caused it, but it was so uncomfortable for me I chose not to stay.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Bless ya, J

I started going to antique stores with my dad at age 8. The older I get the more I feel things.
You probably understand what I mean more than most.

I had experiences since birth. It was normal to me -- because, as a kid, there was no opposition or discussion. Only when I got older did I learn this wasn't everyone's experience.

I didn't realize how much I was being bombarded until I moved from a Los Angeles suburb to the middle of the Sonora Desert. The "quietness" was overwhelming.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I lived in a extremely old house in arkansas for about 8 years back in the early 2000's and while i personally only visually seen something happen once, i could always tell when something entered the room. The only way i can describe it, is by the static sound that would happen, almost exactly like how a old box tv would sound right as it was turned on, before any sound came through the speakers. This was always followed by the sense of "something watching me". I would always just say "hello" and went about my business. This was also quite unnerving while trying to sleep in the pitch black and hearing/feeling this but i got use to it. The one thing that i did see also happened while i was in bed. I heard/felt what i described above, followed by "something" literally sitting on my bed right next to me. I could feel the weight/indention it made right next to my leg as "it" sat down. I grabbed my old nokia brick phone and shined the light on the indention and there was something clearly invisible sitting there. Yes, i was a bit freaked out but as normal i just said "hello" and rolled over and went to sleep.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are.
And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say: "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." ... and we kill those people.
Bill Hicks

top topics

join