It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel reservations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My nephew is getting married in October. He lives in Green Bay Wisconsin. His wedding is going to be at a park in Green Bay, with a cocktail reception at some place I never heard of. They reserved a block of hotel rooms at a Sleep Inn for a Friday and Saturday night. I called the number listed for the hotel, thinking I was actually calling the local hotel. I stated the name of the wedding party the rooms were booked under. They had me on hold for 10-15 minutes. I had to spell out the names twice. Finally, the lady told me they would have to switch me to the local hotel. I told her I thought the number I dialed was a local Green Bay number, but no, if you dial that, you get central reservations. So then she transferred me, and I had to repeat the same information, since apparently nobody talks to anybody anymore.

There were two types of rooms blocked - either two double beds or one king. Since I'm by myself, I booked a king room. She asked if I wanted the room for both nights. I stated yes I did. That's when she stated to me that Friday night would be $297.00! Damn near $300 for Friday night! Saturday night turned out to be only $90.00. I told her I thought $297 was ridiculous. She then smugly stated that the weekend my nephew is getting married, the Green Bay Packers play in town. I thought OMG, these hotels just jack up the prices so much. And whose idea was it to get married in Green Bay on a weekend the Packers play in town? No wonder they are having the wedding in a park, instead of a nice building. They probably couldn't get anything else booked.

At this point, I really hate the businesses in Green Bay, and I hate the Packers.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You sound like a barrel of laughs at the moment!

Let the joy of union be a balm to your injuries.

a reply to: ChiefD

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What you should be hating is Capitalism and no one cares if you hate the Packers.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Lovely responses here so far/s. I just wanted to rant. Don't turn this into a political thing. Too many rants have been political lately. A non political rant is a nice change of pace if you ask me.

Despite my rant, I am looking forward to my nephew's wedding. It's just gonna be a little expensive.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I am afraid that's how it works - supply/demand. When everyone comes to town, there's high demand and short supply so prices go up. Happens everywhere.

Ever check out the prices at Disney in winter as compared to summer? Same deal.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
that's a lot of money for one night!
Pretty sure that the other guests feel the same way when they hear the prices,
maybe you can share a room with someone else who is going alone? Just a thought

Hotels here do the same in places where there are events, the prices double or even triple...

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Hotel prices are off the charts these days. I used to peruse the expensive hotels for the right time to get a good room rate. A couple years ago there were rates for $120 for really nice place. There are no good rates now. Lodge at Woodloch is $1000 night and they are well booked. I hope Lodge at Woodloch is nice but my recent experience at hotels are no room service, no valet, no morning newspaper, no free toothbrushes if needed, you have to ask for towels, etc.

That's a lot of money and I'm sure it's a mid range hotel which your friends and family deserve no less.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   
hope u enjoy the wedding thanks for the chuckle oh and congrats on ur nephew

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Hotels in Munich do the same thing during Oktoberfest. Some real rip-offs there.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The Packers do suck.

And a marriage in Cheeseland?

You know why Milwaukee doesn't have a football team?

Because Green Bay would want one too!

AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go Bears.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Packers do suck.

And a marriage in Cheeseland?

You know why Milwaukee doesn't have a football team?

Because Green Bay would want one too!

AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh damn you, made me spew soda all over my monitor! BTW, the Bears still suck!

edit on 8/18/2022 by ChiefD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

I know, right? The last time I stayed at a hotel, it was pretty pricey. There was no room service, but my trash was full, and I called the front desk, asking if someone could at least empty my trash. They said sure to just put it out in the hallway, and someone would empty it. I did that first thing early in the morning. When I got back to the room early that evening, the full trash can was still sitting there. I didn't think it was a lot for them to simply empty my trash, but then again, that's the way it is all over the place.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

hahahaha. that's terrible

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hope your nephew has a lovely wedding!

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I get it; calling central reservations can be a hassle. It's like you're talking to robots!
And those prices, yikes! $297 for Friday night?! That's way too steep. At least Saturday was more reasonable. Still, it isn't very pleasant when events like Packers games inflate hotel rates. Maybe check out this best place to stay in dallas tx? I think you might like it.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Hiya Chief,

Hear you. My experience is that travel has progressively become more unpleasant since the 1990s (at least). Air travel, hotels, car rentals ... all have "improved" their procedures to irritate the customer more and more.

BTW, experienced the same hotel thing in Munich during Oktoberfest. Outrageous price for a room that didn't even have a shower that drained properly. The 'Fest was a zoo, would have done better to stay away except it was the last part of a visit with a friend I hadn't seen in decades.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join