It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Gazes at a Mind blowing Star-Studded Skyfield

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Globular cluster NGC 6638 is a dense cluster of stars within our Milky Way Galaxy located at a distance of 31 thousand light-years from Earth , the region contains hundreds of thousands if not Millions of densely packed stars held together by gravity , this is what NGC 6638 looks like from afar.

And this image released yesterday from Hubble gives a closer look at the densely packed cluster which is just one of the more than 150 globular clusters that are contained within our Galaxy.

Doesn't matter how many of these type of images I see my mind is still blown time and again.
Full image Here

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

WOW! That second pic is mind blowing!

We are all less than specks of dust in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Less than indeed , perhaps a molecule within a spec of dust mate.
So very very small.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Standing on any planet in that cluster would be like being inside a superhot oven, wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think you would have an incredible night sky to look at but suspect there is still distance enough between the stars to allow for planets to evolve life , space is big.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: KKLOCO

Less than indeed , perhaps a molecule within a spec of dust mate.
So very very small.

A speck on a speck circling a speck in another speck.

The Psalmist's words come to mind when viewing the vast ocean of space and its splendor and realizing how nothingness we are:

"When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers,
The moon and the stars that you have prepared,
 4 What is mortal man that you keep him in mind,
And a son of man that you take care of him?
"
-Psalm 8:3-4.

When I had my old Dobsonian 16" I'd love to view star clusters like this one. They're actually some good viewing for a normal telescope.

edit on 6-8-2022 by randomuser because: fixed spec to speck gotta get that right

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That, is fking mental 😳

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Not only is there life out there. There is an abundance of it. Mind blown.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: carewemust

I think you would have an incredible night sky to look at but suspect there is still distance enough between the stars to allow for planets to evolve life , space is big.

Wow. I'm speechless now.

I bet if you could put yourself outside this universe and look at it, there'd be millions of galaxies visible.
edit on 8/6/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Doesn't matter how many of these type of images I see my mind is still blown time and again.

Check this out... you're going to like this one.

Proxima Centauri, captured by the new James Webb Telescope. Some 4.2 light years from Earth, it’s the nearest star to the Sun.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Everything is a micro of a macro.

In this case - pepperoni!

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: imitator

Everything is a micro of a macro.

In this case - pepperoni!

Chorizo, actually.

thanks for post Gortex. I love those space pix

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

WOW! That second pic is mind blowing!

We are all less than specks of dust in the grand scheme of things.

Think of the Hubble Deep Field picture and then imagine that it was taken by an alien civilization a couple billion light years away. One of the tiny single pixel dots on their hypothetical version of the deep field image -- a dot that's easy to not even take notice of because it is so small -- could be the entire Milky Way galaxy.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Now there’s some perspective!

Staggering how we get caught up in our daily petty dramas….

I think this is why I love watching old classic movies. I’m watching the Pit and the Pendulum (circa 1961) right now thinking — every actor is DEAD!

Perspective indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It's good to see Hubble is still sending us images to make us wonder about the universe we live in.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Or, we are sacred denizens of a glorious Cosmos created for us to inhabit & rule over, an environment we can enjoy & be proud of. Believing you are an insignificant speck of dust proves you've fallen hook, line & sinker for the dark paradigm of the 'scientism' propaganda, which intends for you to believe you are less than nothing, separate from the Creation, incapable of receiving the grace to live & manifest your highest destiny. Don't believe those lies, start believing instead that you are the handiwork of a benevolent & all-powerful Deity who intends for you to understand you are the apple of His eye.

new topics

top topics

join