It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Canada ... I didn't have to think about a gun, Philadelphia Mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Its not surprising that Liberals in US want to do and push for similar gun laws that are in Canada in US.
Despite gun crimes among gangs, other groups are happening in cities.

Despite the gun bans gangs still get their hands on weapons.

When a liberal mayor from Philadelphia Mayor claims that they didn't have to worry about gun they also forget to mention mayors, politicians have private security.

I was in Canada ... I didn't have to think about a gun, Philadelphia Mayor

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

The smaller population means we have less “nit wits” and “goofballs” I suppose.

That goof nit mayor wants the police to be the only ones with guns. LOL.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
But whether you like it or not..it's true. Don't know what else to tell ya.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Canada would be a great place for the silly mayor to stay.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
But whether you like it or not..it's true. Don't know what else to tell ya.

I don't like it or not like it.
I could care less.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't live in Canada or Philadelphia, I hear gun fire constantly, within a mile or so. I don't think about guns, mine or anyone else's.

Out here in the sticks, everyone has guns, long guns, pistols, you name it. I only ever think about how much money people are wasting on ammo every weekend. A lot conceal carry and it never bothered me once. Very little gun violence around here, almost none.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

The smaller population means we have less “nit wits” and “goofballs” I suppose.

That goof nit mayor wants the police to be the only ones with guns. LOL.

I'd like to ask that mayor why he thinks police need guns.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I don't live in Canada or Philadelphia, I hear gun fire constantly, within a mile or so. I don't think about guns, mine or anyone else's.

Out here in the sticks, everyone has guns, long guns, pistols, you name it. I only ever think about how much money people are wasting on ammo every weekend. A lot conceal carry and it never bothered me once. Very little gun violence around here, almost none.

That is pretty much exactly where I live. I'd say everyone, besides the few liberals that our beautiful mountains somehow attract, have, use, and open/conceal carry. I conceal carry myself, and our rate of gun violence is ridiculously low. It's like I've heard someone say, everyone is polite at the gun range, same principle here. And honestly if the left wants everyone to be equal, there's no better way than to have an armed populace.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Typical idiot liberal democrat. "We could build our utopia if it wasn't for that pesky constitution."
A total slush head.

Anyone remember his "sanctuary city dance"??
It's at about the 1:50 mark:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It’s true in the sense that yes your less likely to be shot by another civilian but the whole other entire range of violence is still in the table. We still have plenty of violence just different tools. I can’t carry a gun on me but if I could I would.

I didn’t drive once so therefor I didn’t think about car….
a reply to: vonclod

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
It’s true in the sense that yes your less likely to be shot by another civilian but the whole other entire range of violence is still in the table. We still have plenty of violence just different tools. I can’t carry a gun on me but if I could I would.

I like shooting, I grew up with archery and small bore. I still do it a lot of the summer, my dad was a gunsmith, I'm certainly not anti gun. However, I was just fine with our laws, before Trudeau started messing with them again. We aren't much different than the US, but I'm ok with people not carrying..it's not needed here. Thats my only point really.

edit on 5-7-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
Is that the same mayor of that city that allowed the city to become a Sanctuary City?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I wonder how good his decision has being on turning the city or parts of his city into a sanctuary city resulted into?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So just do us all a favor and stay in Canada.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I mean, I've been in a thousand places in the last month and other than reading this # on the internet don't have to think about a gun either.

I've got one in the truck, and if I'm ever out and about and have to think about one, I know where it is....

I know several ladies who have that same stance towards tampons and chewing gum... Only they carry it in their bag of holding until they do think of it, and then they're prepared.
No telling what else they have in those bags, but hopefully they have guns in there because I can't be assed to take mine out of the truck.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If I was President I might have let people know that I am happy to sign the papers for their exit visa to those that want to and should GTFO of the US…might have to setup a Hollywood office and visit once a week or so.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I like shooting, I grew up with archery and small bore. I still do it a lot of the summer, my dad was a gunsmith, I'm certainly not anti gun. However, I was just fine with our laws, before Trudeau started messing with them again. We aren't much different than the US, but I'm ok with people not carrying..it's not needed here. Thats my only point really.

no bears or mountain lions roaming around?

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

no bears or mountain lions roaming around?

I'm in the burbs, no mountain lions, the odd bear sighting is rare, but not unusual. Generally a bit further out it's more common..bears that is. Mountain lions are rarely seen, attacks are very seldom, but far enough out they are there, just not seen. When I worked in the farm/boonies, I did on occasion carry a shotgun, because we had a fair number of bears around, right on the property..just passing through, loved the apple/pear tree. Smart buggers, they would open up car doors. I only did this on the property, never needed it's use, of course the one close call, I never had it..lol, but the bears was happy raiding the tree. This was years ago.

If a person spent a lot of time in the upcountry, in the woods/wild, a prospector licence will allow you to carry..I don't have any issues with that.
edit on 6-7-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

join