It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Go Back to Fourth of July 1983

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The ZX spectrum wow that brings back memories of green screen and a load time of 45 minutes for the Apache helicopter game and a week to read the instruction book that came with it .

From what i remember when it came out on the play station years later it was rubbish in comparison and real apache pilots said it was harder to play the game than to fly it in real life .

I could not afford it back then i borrowed it from a friend while house sitting way back then

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
BYTE magazine, "Adventure" Dec 1980 Vol 5, Number 12

Jan 1983, "Looking Ahead" Vol 8, No. 1

July 1983

BYTE magazine: PDF downloads
edit on 6-7-2022 by XtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: XtheMadnessNow

Made me chuckle, you know though I still prefer and use a Trackball but back then some Microsoft product's were pretty good there mice included and there trackball's.

Though that issue is before I ever had one so No idea how good or bad they were back then.

Made me think of what was for a long time one of my favourite feel good movies though this was from 1984 and was later aped by Short Circuit which replaced the computer with a Robot and was different enough to be a classic in it's own right but both of them can like Blade Runner rightly be said to draw there inspiration from Do androids dream of electric sheep.

edit on 7-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join