It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UHaul and Penske are doing background checks on YOU!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: JIMC5499

Congress doesn't need to pass a budget for this system to be accounted for as a line item in a government agency budget. You can see in my previous post where NICS is within an FBI budgetary request. Where your proposed background checks for car rentals within any government agency? It would be a line item somewhere. Find it.

Just my two cents with this. I work for a state child support agency in a particular IT role and know keenly how much we pay for access to various mainframe systems (very, very old mainframe systems). Since we are a gov agency, when we purchase licenses (one example would be the CLEAR licenses), we don't report it as a line item. It draws from a licensing/maintenance pool which, on our state budget, shows as licenses/support/maintenance (LSM).

Not saying all state/fed agencies do it that way but the IRS system is 20+ years behind current standards and will cost $1B to modernize. Seeing some of the mismanagement first-hand, I doubt they had the foresight to properly report/identify individual expenses. Most likely, income from granting system access to those companies dumps into the Homeland Security pool.

And thinking more into it, you used the example of $20 a day is for same city travel (reading the fine print). I rented one last year to help my parents move and thought $20 wasn't bad but once you factor in the gas that I had to pay and the mileage, it was very much $60'ish. I doubt most of the Penske/UHaul income comes from single day rental and most gov agencies will have bulk pricing for these businesses.

Again, food for thought, not stones at your opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: devilsadvocatetoday

They are all operated under the corporate managers. We, as an independent business, run the rentals and do all of the paperwork but we are still under the corporate over watch.

Like I had mentioned to the OP, as a former employee to the aforementioned company, we never had access to any information beyond what was on your DL. We don't ask for a SSN, we don't keep your CC on file (that is all done through the computer, I have no access to it), we know your name from dealing with you as our customer and the little bit of info we are required to ask for to put on your rental agreement and to keep in our system showing that you are the renter and that we are giving this truck to you and we expect it back in as good condition as you left with.

I hope this gives you a little peace of mind that the OP does not. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them or point you in the right direction of who could give you that answer.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Will we not be graced with any more wonderful replies from Mr.2 degrees?

edit on 6-7-2022 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join