It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I truly prayed once; Now I live in prayer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I've never really been religious growing up.

I had a faith in some form of a God I conceptualized.

So I never really prayed, nor even understood prayer in a sense.

At one point in my life, I started praying.

And I mean praying, crying, in earnest, pleading.

One night I had this dream, which I took as an answer.

In the dream,
I was walking up this gigantic stairway, leading to God knows where, surrounded by clouds.

In the dream,
I held a large scroll, beautifully sealed, as I walked up these steps to somewhere heavenly.

In the dream,
I felt lighter than life; I felt real; I felt focused like a man on a mission; I felt great love.

I don't recall much beyond that.
But I felt wonderful when I woke.

Then I underwent a life changing event.
I feel as though my faith was being tested.

I overcame the series of events which fell upon me.
I kept my faith all the way through to the end.

I've never been religious.

But I now live in prayer.

Constantly I talk to God.

And I've never felt more in tune with life, with nature, with love itself.

God bless us all!

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Praying really works.

Praying taps in to the positive Love/Light/Energy of God, it’s there for everyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: QwertyMyself

God bless us all!

If you feel so "in tune" with life, nature and love then better not read -JOHN 15: 18- 27.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
If you feel so "in tune" with life, nature and love then better not read -JOHN 15: 18- 27.

Given the context of the dream and following transformation, the OP is referring to the light of life, not the worldly life that he is emerging out of.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: QwertyMyself

God bless us all!

All one has to do is read my sig to rebuke that .

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hey Gothmog, great signature!

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

May I take you to the future? We will come to find...life...is a living "prayer". And all along, we have our destinies presented, yet think we designed them...

Life, presents itself to us in many ways...yet..it is still "Life". And as far as I know, we aren't supposed to figure it out: we are supposed to "live-it". Good w Bad
God bless
edit on 06224530America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jun 2022 10:23:45 -050023202200000045 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The true God exists and is eager to help us. Whenever someone prays to God in earnest, even if they don't know who God is he listens and answers. It may not be in the way you expect it or how you expect it, but you can be certain that it is always the right answer. Even if the answer is not to answer, or not to answer right away, or not to give you what you want, but to give you what you need.

The Bible is not man's wisdom. But men carried along by holy spirit wrote not their thoughts but those of God. As it is the work of the holy spirit and is infallible it is a book like no other. It is like frozen, or congealed holy spirit. We communicate with God by prayer. He communicates with us by means of his holy word in the Bible. So we need holy spirit in order to understand it. That is why there are people who can read the Bible and never get anything out of it. One need be humble and honest. And have faith without doubting.

Here is a touching story of a woman when a child ran with their family from the killing fields in Cambodia, and how in the jungle she prayed to the true God for help, and how he answered her, and even revealed his name to her. God cares for us very much. And he is listening and answering. And he may even guide his witnesses to sincere-hearted ones to teach them. This is also out of his great love for us.

Soten Yoeun: My Search for the True God
edit on 29-6-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Wishing you many blessings.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

May I ask who you are praying to? Jesus said pray to The Father, not Him. I pray in His Name.

I seem to talk and mutter all the time to G-D these days. HE gets my tempers as well as my love. If we think about it don't all parents have to suffer the insolence and temper tantrums of their children?

I am finding this life really difficult and always have. I hate this world the way it is because it really hates me. It murdered Jesus and His loved ones. It has become a total polluted mess and tries to hurt me every day because I left it for Jesus. Can you remember what Jesus said about this? How can we love this world of dung and death with all the suffering all creatures have to go through? What is here to love about its corruption?

The member who wrote about John chapter 15 is very astute. Everyone should read clearly what Jesus says there. He meant every word quite literally.

Now do you remember when He told us that He came with a sword and not to bring peace? He came to divide the wheat from the chaff, those who know Him and G-D and those who are consciously rejecting G-D.

My family even don't like me and will not accept me. That all happened because I chose and still choose Jesus before even them and me. Jesus said we should put Him before family. He said He would set family member against family member because of His Word.

When I was younger I found all this very hard and confusing. Now I am older I understand it quite clearly. I hope to share some of what I have discovered. It is quite hard to do that here at ATS though as it is a diverse group and can be a little bit suffocating of those of us who want to communicate our honest experiences. Jesus could not do much in places where they had no faith in Him. That is how it goes.

I will try and test the water soon and write very honestly about what I have found. I have been very busy for many years learning about the Bible. I have completely glued the OT and NT back together as I need both. I have a great love and interest in Judaism as the Parent of Christianity which it is.

I really do wish I could tell people. It is amazing. Actually your post did show you as well as us that your only nice experience was when you were lifted up and then you got well and truly planted in hardship after. That's the earth for you.

We have been clearly told who is currently the boss of this world and it isn't G-D. A true Christian will always have to walk the gauntlet through their lives like Jesus had to carrying His Cross. Fortunately for us He did all the heavy lifting for us so our burden is light.

Sometimes I am so bored of this horrible earth I tell G-D I am not bothered if I don't wake up in the morning. There is nothing here for me now. I am even so sabotaged I can't do any good deeds for others. I spend my time learning and widening my perception. I feel like I am waiting. It is like being in a waiting room and trying to keep stimulated with a few magazines or an iPhone so the monotony and waste this world is doesn't do my head in too much.

I do find a lot of Christians to be incredibly picky about what they choose to follow. Most do not seem to understand that we will never actually go to Heaven. We will be resurrected as all will be on the last day before the New Earth and New Heaven come. Only the Elect will be resurrected for the last thousand years of this earth. This is all clearly written in Revelation and other places.

Did you know that you guys here really are my brothers andf sisters? We are related by blood. Everything in this whole universe is related by blood to the big bang. It really is. Why would we want to hurt our brothers andf sisters? I bet most of you see me as a stranger, not a brother or sister. Jesus accepts me as such. You will read this and forget what I said. I remember it every day. I am constantly aware that all humanity are my brothers and sisters. They are not conscious of it, but I am. Science even tells me Jesus was right.

Christians need to read all of what is written in the whole Bible. That is how you truly get to know what G-D is up to. If you do you will see how every WORD tallies like a top class acountant's balance sheet. It is truly mind blowing. There is a supernatural presence in there. It is right before our eyes. See for yourselves.

I really love the visionary perception G-D gives. It can happen on a very regular basis once you recognise it. A Christian called Bob Marley sang a song about it:

"There's a natural mystic flowing through the air, if you listen carefully now you will hear, this could be the first trumpet, might as well be the last, many more will have to suffer, many more will have to die".

I bet many Christians did not even notice Bob Marley and Haile Selassie. I noticed. They are the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. They taught me a lot more about the visionary side of Christianity than any Church. They gave me a different angle and it taught me so much. Read Haile Selassie's 2 part autobiography. He was murdered by his people. He is a martyr. G-D knows it, but the Catholic Church is so dumb it never notices anything else in the world apart from its own vanity. I am much closer to Judaism now than I am to Catholicism. I really mean that. I let my faith be artistic and creative and it led me to fresh ferttile places and not the mess of Inquisition and violence those corrupt men made of it all those years.

Don't just stay in your own little prayer box. There are two thousand years of global Christianity to explore and learn from. It is Jesus' Treasure on earth and our treasure too.

edit on 29-6-2022 by Tarantula777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarantula777

That was beautiful Tarantula777. Have a search for a book called Mirror of Simple Souls. Think you will like it. It was written by a 13th century woman who belonged to the order of the Beguines. The Beguines imitated the life of Jesus.

top topics

join