It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crashes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Why are aliens such bad drivers ?

There have been 34 crashes in 53 years, which works out to 1.5 crashes a year. As often as they're spotted around the world, I'd say that some pretty good flying.

Check your math!

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: nugget1

Why are aliens such bad drivers ?

There have been 34 crashes in 53 years, which works out to 1.5 crashes a year. As often as they're spotted around the world, I'd say that some pretty good flying.

Check your math!

Thanks; so much for multi-tasking! .6 crashes a year- better?

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: putnam6

Thi nk there was at leat one recovery in Wales just to busy at work right now to investigate and will update thread later

Yep that list misses a couple of what I'd call obvious ones.

1974- Berwyn Mountains (Wales). Although whether it was a 'crash', a landing or some weird earth lights created after an Earth tremor is still unresolved.

1967 - Shag Harbour, Canada. More a splash than a crash. But one of the best known Canadian cases.

1965 - Kecksburg - Pennsylvania. Some think it was a meteor, some a crashed Soviet satellite/American rocket, others that it was something not of this earth or a secret experiment.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Me thinks your list missed this triple ufo crash / 9 bodies ….purported incident

New Mexico March 1950

πŸ‘½πŸ›ΈπŸΊ

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That's the one MM
spot on, total chaos at work right now but was going to get back to this at the weekend and get the name. Yes Berwyn quite an event. Earthlihghts well maybe yet the amount of government intrusion sort of leans against that theory.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

The Hottel memo of March 1950 has been in the public record since the 1970s, and was added to the FBI web site in 2011. According to Alan Boyle, science editor for NBC News, "The FBI denied that the memo constituted evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial spacecraft β€” and said Hottel's report was never taken all that seriously. Instead, it was considered 'an unconfirmed report that the FBI never even followed up on.'"

Paranormal investigator Ben Radford noted that the informant's story matched that of fraudster Silas Newton. Mark Allin, chief operating officer for The Above Network, agreed with that assessment. He told Boyle that, "The memo is based on a hoax that was carried out by a convicted con man named Silas Newton, and it was debunked years ago. It's a pretty good and interesting hoax story, to be certain, but there is no value in it beyond that."

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Carbon*asCo2* buildup(flight systems)/methane pocket(atmospheric) go boom?

a reply to: BrokenCircles

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The UFO Phenomenon is "crashing" them by design.Fire from the gods.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Over the years there have been a considerable number of stories involving alleged UFO crashes. This has become an entire subset of UFO research. In several declassified documents from the 1950s and 1960s, government and military officials lamented the absence of any physical evidence (such as crash debris) that might shed light on the UFO phenomenon.

Public fascination with UFOs inevitably led to grass-roots efforts by amateur and professional researchers to seek answers to the mystery. A great many individuals and organizations have devoted decades to this effort. Some of them examined specific UFO crash/retrieval stories. Some individuals claimed to have identified the actual locations of crash sites. None have produced any exotic wreckage of extraterrestrial origin.

This last point is a real problem. Whenever an aerospace vehicle impacts the ground, it leaves debris. Researchers should be able to find and analyze that debris even if the crash site has been "cleaned up" by the government. Unless the crash site has literally been paved over, there should be something left. Evidence always remains.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

UFO researchers have repeatedly claimed that these alleged crash sites were sanitized, but that seems extraordinarily unlikely. They never really clean up every trace. Pioneering forensic scientist Edmond Locard (1877-1966) once wrote, "Physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself, it cannot be wholly absent. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value."

have ufo hunters made concerted efforts to walk crash sightings to find debris? if there have been crashes there should be debris still, just not found.

lack of source diminishes the value of this list.

thanks to Mirageman for the research. very helpful.

saw a theory somewhere that what flies over earth are probes with artificial beings and that the *real* aliens are still on their home planets. the saucers/aliens we 'see' are disposable. maybe too far for them to waste their time. so these craft and occupants fly through space for years and are worn out. (this would explain the occasional animal or robot sightings affiliated)

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: putnam6

Thi nk there was at leat one recovery in Wales just to busy at work right now to investigate and will update thread later

Yep that list misses a couple of what I'd call obvious ones.

1974- Berwyn Mountains (Wales). Although whether it was a 'crash', a landing or some weird earth lights created after an Earth tremor is still unresolved.

1967 - Shag Harbour, Canada. More a splash than a crash. But one of the best known Canadian cases.

1965 - Kecksburg - Pennsylvania. Some think it was a meteor, some a crashed Soviet satellite/American rocket, others that it was something not of this earth or a secret experiment.

I always remember hearing reports of a crash in Brazil in the mid 90s which involved live aliens. I'm sure it was later proven a hoax.

Mirageman? Must be a nod to the book and film by Mark Pilkington. I wish he'd publish an updated edition which has a chapter on the developments in Ufology more recently, most notably AATIP and the notorious tic-tac.
edit on 22-7-2022 by emptywas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yes, the two that came to mind right away were shag harbor and kecksburg. Those two, I'm convinced something did happen (wasn't a hoax like the aztec NM case). But what they were, I have no idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join