It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little win for fairness and logic: FINA introduces new transgender rules for swimming contest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's not forcing the issue on them, it makes at least sure that the body didn't develop into the direction that gives unfair advantages already.

It's just a little win but a step into the right direction. Step by step. I am hoping for protection laws that will then prevent transition under 18 year old and the case is closed.

Juveniles can't make these decision in an informed way so we got to protect them from their stupid parents by not allowing it until adulthood.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

No.

It literally forces the issue onto prepubescent boys.

The implications being that it is ok to mutilate prepubescent boys to meet these retarded standards.

Parents are already doing this BTW.
edit on 6 22 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Again, I understand your concerns. Really.

But do you really think parents are going to be like "Hurry hurry transition before you are 12 so after your transition you can compete as a former boy in girl sports?"

The % of these parents is low and the % of the parents that have children who want to be a transitioned transgender competing in the classical men / women sports is extremely low.

In a way, you're like the other side, wanting it all at once, not going to happen the way you imagine it. Give it a bit time. Show me one law or regulation that covers every single different circumstance in life.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

video.foxnews.com...

This is a social contagion and parents are absolutely doing this to their children.

Even Fox is getting in on the action.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
if they have completed their gender reassignment before they turn 12 years old.

XX chromosomes compete against other people with XX chromosomes.

XY chromosomes compete against other people with XY chromosomes.

LQBTREWXYZ88GHVJ+=- affiliated people compete against LQBTREWXYZ88GHVJ+=- affiliated people.

Problem solved.

Before 12 years old, come on, why is this considered normal. They shouldn't have included that exception, it's bowing down to this nonsense.
edit on 24-6-2022 by Sander1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sander1976

You don't understand.

I am against transitioning children. All I say is that it is a little win into the right direction. For some people that's not enough and I agree.

I love it, how others jump to conclusions because I am happy a bit of the madness is countered with such rulings. It's a start. How about we blame the parents that enable this, too?

Your post gives me the impression you didn't read my post at all, if you think I am advocating for transgender men competing in women sports. It's kind of nauseating when I constantly express myself against this transgender invasion of all sectors and then someone like you comes around and put's word into my mouth like that.
edit on 24.6.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You don't understand.

Yes I do.

I am against transitioning children. All I say is that it is a little win into the right direction. For some people that's not enough and I agree.

I know your views on this subject, they fall inline with my feelings about this nonsense. And yes for me the exception is not needed. I explained that, xx and xy ans stuff.

I love it, how others jump to conclusions because I am happy a bit of the madness is countered with such rulings. It's a start. How about we blame the parents that enable this, too?

Your post gives me the impression you didn't read my post at all, if you think I am advocating for transgender men competing in women sports. It's kind of nauseating when I constantly express myself against this transgender invasion of all sectors and then someone like you comes around and put's word into my mouth like that.

Your rant is not needed. I didn't jump to conclusions and I didn't put words in your mouth. I just quoted what you typed, if you feel offended by that, I am sorry.

Read my post!

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You do when you reply to someone like that.

I explained that, xx and xy ans stuff.

In a way it felt like someone joining a discussion and berating someone on a matter and opinion they never expressed. Makes one look like an idiot.

edit on 24.6.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

You do when you reply to someone like that.

Like what? Where did I offend you or put words in your mouth.

In a way it felt like someone joining a discussion and berating someone on a matter and opinion they never expressed. Makes one look like an idiot.

I don't care how it felt for you, sorry that I hurt your feelings by quoting some text you typed.

I think our thoughts on this subject are quite similar, I don't understand why your so fed up. But hey I am just the idiot

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I am just fed up with brainless zombies that can't think past their dish plate and join a discussion with a shallow approach and knowledge like you did.

IDK what drove you to explain to me, or reply to me how human nature is intended to be. Maybe it's when you try being a smartass like that people get the impression you either can't read or just iterating down basic facts like I am the one that does not know how it works.

This is what gave me the impression:

Before 12 years old, come on, why is this considered normal. They shouldn't have included that exception, it's bowing down to this nonsense.

What "come on"? Are you aware that by writing that you imply I support this?

For the last time in this thread: I don't want children at all to be able to "transit". I don't advocate that the ruling is good, I am just saying that it is a small step into the right direction of protecting children from this nonsense.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
FINA = a welcome return of common sense. A small minority of vocal critics will rant and rave. Mostly men and nasty little trans activists who hate women (i.e. females).

Two points.

1. Will these rules hasten poor parenting and clinical decisions and rush children into surgery and irreversible action before puberty?
2. Will other sports start to see common sense? Given that the German Football Association has decided that men can decide to play in the woman's game, and that's OK because it's "inclusive", we see stupidity and the war against women continuing.

Source Fair Play for Women

The concept of fair play, the bed rock of all competitive sport, is undermined by transgender sport policy. It is a long-established principle that fair and meaningful competition is achieved by grouping different body types into different categories. This is why we commonly see competition based on differences in age, weight and other factors. This is also why sport is divided into male and female sex categories.

edit on 25/6/2022 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I typed 'come on' because the exception makes no sense, it wasn't directed to you or your thoughts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join