It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandfathers vs Their Woke Offspring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Some humor for the day. Sure it is embellished slightly (not much to be honest) but it is pretty much on the mark on our 2 Americas today. The normals versus the crazies.

You decide which is which.

Another wonderful news report! Wow, does this sound familiar?

We Treat You Like a Moron: News Update!

edit on 30-5-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How low we've come. Depressing.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
We're seeing the results of the no discipline, anything goes, everybody-gets-a-trophy philosophy. The old parenting approach was far better.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'd put the super woke SJWLGBTQXYZ+ community in the same category as the Q believers. Both are brainwashed groups on opposite ends of the spectrum who make everyone else on their side of the spectrum look bad.
edit on 30-5-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

i can imagine the farmer guy but the other person seems a bit overdrawn to me.(; not very subtle. but the guy has nice hair.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

John Wayne as an icon of discipline?
He was an alcoholic. Great symbol of how to raise a child.
He smoked up to five packs of unfiltered Camels a day. A great symbol by which to raise a child.
He was married three times and cheated on each one of them with pretty women who he worked with. Yeah, great symbol to raise your kid with.

OH, never mind. You probably meant that HOLLYWOOD symbol of toxic masculinity that was pushed on the American public for over half a century

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Eh, your words will fall on deaf ears.

Apparently you can't grow up to be a responsible adult unless your parents are drunks and beat you every other day on average.

Then, when you grow up you gotta drink and beat your kids every other day on average as well or your a bad parent.

then wonder why your kids are pissed off all the time.

Remember children are supposed to be seen not heard. You gotta whip them until they become meek adults unable to speak up for themselves afraid to offend anyone.

But then you gotta remember all that talk comes mostly from baby boomers and gen Xrs who wish they were boomers and were the ones who raised the generations they hate.

Remind me again who were the ones handing out participation trophies and failing to check the politicians so that we ended up where we are now?

Who created the technology people are addicted to?

But sure scapegoat millennials and Gen Zs so you can absolve yourselves of any and all guilt.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yup, thought so. That HOllYWOOD propaganda image. Hear that heavy breathing as he walks along? Yup that's the decades of smoking all those packs a day.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

My childhood in the late fifties was filled with cowboy movies on Saturday mornings, chief among them John Wayne. I loved the one or two reelers from his early career, they were so cut and dried. Good guy, bad guy, always him though in that white hat.

But then he became boffo box office and he became the icon of how a man should be, be it cowboys or military as the war came along. Then after the war it was more war movies and tough guy cops and then older cowboys. As a teenager it didn't take me long to figure that that guy couldn't act for crap. Just an image, the same one over and over again. Just a symbol. But one bought heavily bought into by the American public.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yup, thought so. That HOllYWOOD propaganda image

That's what Hollywood is. Propaganda is what they do. It's their stock in trade, as it were.
100 years of hedonism, lasciviousness, and all manner of immorality, all the while claiming to espouse the American dream, family values, and virtue. The worst kind of hypocrites!

BTW: Infolurker - I apologize for drifting from the OP!

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYoungerI Don't see it as drift on your part nor mine Cole.
Our youth, just as youth for the last hundred years are influenced by not only the surrounding mores of their culture but more to the point, the directed mores of those who control the mass media. Just as you point out in your last post.

And to that was my point. You used as a visual image to back your point of how to raise young people was a false Hollywood symbol. That is of course unless your intention was to post a picture of the Duke as the fraud of American iconography that he is. Wayne was the perfect example of what you posted above, espousing the American Dream, family values and virtue all the while being a womanizing alcoholic chain smoker.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Not sure what chain smoking has to do with what kind of person he was but cheating on your wife is pretty foul in my book and shouldnt be promoted. I will say a lot of this other personal values were respectable and it sounds like you have an ax to grind with him...so dont take offense when I take your posts lightly.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

For crying out lout Rick, pay as little attention to what I say as you want, it's your choice to pay or not pay attention to whoever you like. If you do not have the capacity to see that John Wayne as an icon was used to push American cultural propaganda for decades, that's skin off you your nose, not mine. Stick to Biden, that's an easy one.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   

He was only popular because the generation he entertained related to him...no skin off my nose, also whats biden got to do with this?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
JP does it again.

Love his channel.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Certainly he was popular because of a couple of generations who related to the image he portrayed. And that's the point. It was a construct that fed the machine of hero worship. Not Wayne himself of course but the testosterone laden screen image.

And it's not him so much that I abhor but more the entire structure of celebrity culture of which he is just one example. We could pick from any number of pop culture icons of today and my posture would stay the same.

And my reference to Biden? Biden is low lying fruit. He is hardly a hero to anyone any more though that image was what was relied upon to save the nation from Trump. But now, Biden is an obvious ''anti-hero'' to a lot of people who are just as wrapped up in tearing him down for the false image he portrays.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Spam removed.
edit on 6/16/2022 by seagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join