It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best concerts you've been to.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've been to many, but the best one was by The Residents at the Roskilde Festival. They played 2 x 1 Hour with a break in between. The first set was from the album Have a Bad Day while the other set was from Wormwood. I bought both CDs + a T-shirt and some other stuff from their merchandise booth during the break. I was standing in the first row the whole time and it was a GREAT show! They really connect well with their audience!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Seen so many small, little known bands in bars and small venues that it really is hard to pick one.
Had some unbelievable nights but I have mention some mates of mine, Last Rough Cause.
I've seen them lots of times but one night in particular stands out: They played a pub in town and there was about maybe a hundred people there many who I knew.

As usual they smashed it then the singer started speaking to the audience and gave the usual thanks for coming speech etc.
He then said that there was one of their oldest friends in the crowd, someone who had shared their journey of discovery through music and who still tried to 'live the life'.....then he asked me to get on stage and sing 'Wasted Life' by Stiff Little Fingers with them.

An absolute amazing experience - especially for such a frustrated non-musician like myself - what a buzz. That was just 100 or so people but to see them hanging on my every word and singing along.....a proper natural high. I fully understand why artists get addicted to it.

Any excuse to showcase a song of theirs, the video is filmed on the estate we grew up on, where they more have lived all their lives and where I moved back to a couple of years ago.

# it, this somehow seems appropriate.

I sang backing vocal on a track for them and get a mention on the sleeve notes.
I still see a couple of the lads quite often and talk utter #e to each other over a 'few' pints.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft
Without a doubt, Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd would of been awesome . I did see Roger Waters in Minneapolis ? I saw Tom Petty and the heartbreakers twice , those were good shows especially TP. I saw Crosby Stills Nash and Young. That was awesome . I saw Clapton twice . Willie Nelson . I saw the Allman brothers , Duane wasn’t there but Bob Weir and Ratdog were at Red Rocks . I saw the Rolling Stones twice . I saw Tool . I saw Page and Plant . I saw Rod Stewart . I’ve seen Widespread Panic and Trey and Stringcheese Incident and Dave Matthews Band , not together. I saw pantera in the 90’s, saw the black crowes . Saw Steve Miller Band . I’ve seen Neil Young . I’ve seen John Fogerty . Lots of great times over the years and a few I’m sure I forgot .

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dontlietome

I saw pantera in the 90’s

The only show I have ever been to that I was afraid to get into the pit. Pantera, Sepultura and Biohazard at the Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto sometime in the early 90's. It was just insanity with #ing elbows and boots everywhere. There was a massive amount of skinheads there, more than I have ever seen at any show, and they were just being absolute dickheads. There were over 200 people taken to hospital from the pit that night, at least it was the number being reported at the time. With everything from fractured orbitals/skulls to torn ears from being bit. It was freaking crazy.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Pink Floyd "The Wall" concert, I think 1980 London.

Also "The Police" used to do free concerts at Hyde Park (what I heard, never saw) before they became famous.

What about when I took you to see The Beebs and you got all tingly?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

In no order:

Ween.
Sigur Ros.
NIN.
Foo Fighters.
Manson/Smashing Pumpkins
Cure
Swans.
edit on 23-5-2022 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Pink Floyd "The Wall" concert, I think 1980 London.

Also "The Police" used to do free concerts at Hyde Park (what I heard, never saw) before they became famous.

What about when I took you to see The Beebs and you got all tingly?

He was just the opening act for Babs and you know it!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: LordAhriman

Never seen any of the others but I've seen Green Day twice.

First time was round about the time they released Dookie I think and the second was on the American Idiot tour.
First time they were good and they were excellent the second time around....until they asked the audience to get their lighters out and they played We Are the Champions....I was disgusted!

Not as disgusted as I was after the concert when I was refused entry into a bar in Newcastle city centre....for being too old!

Just saw Green Day last month for the first time. Good show, and he had a kid (like 8) come on stage and "sing" one of the songs. Mad respect.
I remember when Dookie came out, but was never a huge fan or really never made it a point to listen to them after that.
edit on 23-5-2022 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Toss up between Msi and birthday massacre, or a punk show that had the misfits headlining with the Uk subs, the addicts and Osaka pop stars.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

My best concert of all time live was Rolling Stones at then Rich Stadium

Yes, such a shame and for what. The loss of Russian armor IMO is staggering to the countermeasures as provided by western nations. Even if he wins it will cost him. That crowd back in 1991 was estimated between 1 and 1.6 million people. Even the Soviet Union troops got into it. My taste in music is all over the place and generational as I can go from country to heavy metal. They are many songs I like including Stairway to Heaven and their introduction at the Kennedy Center. Hotel California is a favorite. Hell I even like izzy on over the rainbow

Heart - Stairway to Heaven (Live at Kennedy Center Honors)

Eagles perform "Hotel California" at the 1998 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Somewhere Over the Rainbow 2011 - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole

I can go on and on from Elvis, Beatles, Strolling Bones, Sinatra, Aerosmith, Adele and Louis Armstrong

"What a Wonderful World" from "Good Morning Vietnam" - God bless Robin Williams

My mom was a music teacher so who knows
edit on 24-5-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

I've seen the UK Subs quite a few times and met Charlie Harper through a mutual friend.
Always very good live and Charlie is the very definition of 'living legend', a really nice person.

I saw them once at Durham and they brought the house down.
Angelic Upstarts were on the same bill, great day.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I've been a fan of The Rolling Stones since I was a kid.
My Dad had a lot of their records and I really like their stuff up till round about the Sticky Fingers album.

One of my Dad's younger brothers is a fanatic and he's always tried to get me to go to a Stones concert with him.

A few weeks ago I was just looking on YouTube and I came across a video of a concert of theirs - I know there's lots of them but for some reason I decided to press play.
I can't remember offhand where it was at but I do know Mick Taylor made a guest appearance.

Anyway, they were terrible - Paint it Black was absolutely shockingly bad - and after four songs I was literally shaking my head in disbelief then all of a sudden BANG, something kicked in and they really turned it on.
The rest of the set was outstanding.

The next night I was having a pint with my Dad in the club and I told him about it.
He watched the video himself the next day and later told me that he agreed, they were #e at the start but got a 'bit' better.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

We all get old and slow down. We used to call them The Strolling Bones and that was in the 1980's!

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I never actually got round to saying what the best concert I've ever been to is.

It has been hard for me to choose the previous four selections, I have been to that many outstanding concerts.
Up there have been Stiff Little fingers, Oasis, Paul Weller and so many more.

One of my biggest regrets is never seeing The Clash live - I did get to see Big Audio Dynamite and Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - but to see The Clash would have been something special.
I'd really like to see Social Distortion, Perkele, Sleaford Mods and Young Fathers - I've not given up on seeing any of them.

My number one favourite concert of all time is without a doubt the easiest choice I had to make.
This band only released one real album....and it changed society.
Its without a doubt the greatest album of all time, the first time I listened to it it simply blew me away and changed my life forever. It still blows me away now every time I listen to it.
I was too young to see them first time around but twenty years later in 1996 I saw The Sex Pistols play live....and they were #ing brilliant.
I can't think of a superlative adequate enough to describe just how good they were....the atmosphere was literally electric, their presence and stagecraft was amazing....and musically they were simply superb.
Head and shoulders the best band I've ever seen live.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I struggle to remember them now with my Dementia but here goes

Queen -live aid
Oasis - thought they were good live after hating them .
Foo fighters
Rolling stones
Texas
Madness -goodbye mr mackenzie
Manic street preachers
Runrig
Deacon blue .

The reason i think they were good concerts is because they sounded good just like the studio albums the sad thing is like the books on my bookcase i know i have read them but i cannot remember much about them

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I became a massive Sex pistols fan as a kid after seeing there performance on the thames barge in 77 , I was well pissed after the street party and all that inviting glasses of booze lying unguarded on the tables
my gran had 2 glasses of sherry and we had to carry her home as i went to return to the merriment i looked across at the television and the sex pistols were being led away by cops .

i became a massive fan and every time i go on the booze and crack the stereo up the pistols are first on the play list

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

That was one biggly buzz back in the day.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Dio-Sacred Heart Tour (also my first concert)
Rush-Clockwork Angels and R-40 (which got my wife hooked on Rush)
Stevie Ray Vaughn (at the Morrison Center, acoustical and musical perfection)
Ghost (my newest rock addiction, check 'em out!)

That's my top 5, in no particular order because I could never sort that out. Have seen tons of other great rock shows that come close and others not so much, but these 5 stand out to me.

Eta, Especially Ghost. At least 9 musicians, a mindblowing visual show and TIGHT! Hypothetically, Ghost at the Morrison Center would be easily number 1 in my list.
edit on CDT8am2023-10-08T07:41:31-05:00k by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Would have to be Glastonbury 1986. Nothing to fault. Tickets for the weekend @ £17. For me, highlights were; Friday,The Waterboys & The Pogues. Saturday, Black Uhuru and the Wailers & The Cure. Sunday, Robert Cray, Simply Red, Madness, Level 42 and all rounded off with Gil Scott Heron.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join