It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing's Starliner OFT-2 Crew Capsule Docks with the ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is Starliner's second test flight with its first being an orbital mission in 2019 , now the much delayed spacecraft has completed its second test with a successful docking at the ISS , no astronauts on board for this test just supplies and equipment for the crew of the Space Station.

7 minute video of the docking.

Boeing’s CST-100 Starliner crew capsule autonomously docked to the International Space Station, on Harmony module’s forward-facing International Docking Adapter, on 21 May 2022, at 00:28 UTC (20 May, at 20:28 EDT). For Boeing’s Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2), the Crew Space Transportation (CST)-100 Starliner spacecraft is carrying about 500 pounds of NASA cargo and crew supplies and more than 300 pounds of Boeing cargo to the International Space Station.
Credit: NASA/Boeing

Well done chaps.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ummm...right...only eight years late and 12 billion over budget...well done indeed...

YouSir

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

All good things come to he who waits , in our risk averse society mission failures can cause longer delays , if they're crewed failures then those delays become even longer , I think caution is the best policy.

Webb was a couple of decades late but its flawless deployment and spectacular test image were worth the wait.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: YouSir

All good things come to he who waits , in our risk averse society mission failures can cause longer delays , if they're crewed failures then those delays become even longer , I think caution is the best policy.

Webb was a couple of decades late but its flawless deployment and spectacular test image were worth the wait.

Ummm...right...he who waits for a 10 billion dollar...single use...rocket ...all so we can fork out another 10 billion dollars for their next test flight...

But who am I to quibble...we can just print out of whole cloth...another two or three trillion to cover any shortfalls...

Guess I should look on the bright side...

YouSir

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A little Strauss playing in the back ground would have been an nice touch.

top topics

join