It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Flower Blood Moon/Lunar Eclipse starting right now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just in case anyone's interested, the totality of eclipse will primarily be visible in Eastern & Central U.S., Eastern Canada, and South America...
...but Western Europe and Western U.S. states will be able to see partial eclipsing..

It's at the very beginning - you can't really see anything happening yet - the totality point will Be 12:11am, and the entire thing over just after 2:00am.

Here's a good link where you can check for the amount of visibility in your area:
Total Lunar Eclipse

Happy moon gazing!
edit on 15-5-2022 by lostgirl because: Fixed title

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thanks lost girl!

here's the Leo King's forecast:

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Im 4 miles from the Lake Erie Eastern Shoreline Michigan/Canada/Ohio....ing to Beach there now 15 mins....cloudy tonite...may clear.....

ETA: will stay till morning maybe some pics.....
edit on 05224931America/ChicagoSun, 15 May 2022 21:36:49 -050036202200000049 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Update: Erie shore 1100 p.m, Brest Bay Gibraltar, cloudy out toward Cedar Point. Will try tomorrow 16th. Hoped for live pics.....

MS

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Clouds, rain forecasted.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Awww, so sorry guys!
We got lucky here in Orlando - first time I've ever gotten to see one of these live!

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Witnessed a very faint, deep reddish-orange moon hanging in the lower eastern horizon about an hour ago.

Photos wouldn't do it justice as it was like an orange on a table in a dimly lit dinning room..

I'm just north of Monterey, CA on the coast. It was quite stunning actually.

⭐+🇺🇸

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

[Southern Indiana] It was raining here most of the late afternoon/evening, and still completely covered with clouds when the partial lunar eclipse began. I didn't expect to see anything at all. Then shortly after the total eclipse began, it surprisingly started clearing up. I hopped in my car and went a couple miles to a pretty good spot with no lights anywhere near, on the other side of a big hill then down across the river where you can only barely see a little bit of ambient light from this small town.

At first, I was seeing it good periodically through the holes in the clouds. Then somehow the sky was mostly clear right before maximum eclipse and stayed that way for maybe 30 minutes, gradually thickening back up with clouds and completely cloud covered around the end of the total eclipse. Right when the final partial was beginning, it was completely cloud covered again so I drove back home.

I really wish I had gotten it before I went to the river, but I forgot til I got out there and still wasn't thinking I would see much.... So on my way home, I stopped by my dads while he was asleep and got his expensive telescope. I had never actually used any good telescope ever before. My vision was getting pretty bad so I wasn't entirely interested in using his when he bought it a few years ago, but I finally gave in and got contacts a few months ago.(long overdue)

Anyways, after I got home it was still pretty much completely cloud-covered, but then gradually started opening up spots here and there but cleared up to about 50/50 before halfway through the final partial eclipse. By the time the moon was 2/3rds of the way back out, it was mostly clear. Then about 20 minutes after the whole thing ended, I could barely see any moonlight peaking through the clouds. It was completely overcast again.

I was/am extremely surprised that the timing of the clouds worked out ok. It was far from ideal, but compared to what I was expecting it turned out good. I even watched an airplane fly past 'a few inches' beneath the bright 1/4 eclipsed moon. I was able to follow it along with the telescope for a short distance until it 'ran into a tree'.

edit on 5/16/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It was cloudy here in Thunder Bay also, but the clouds would break long enough to allow visual for the event.

I watched with a pair of Celestron long binos.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Acts 2:19 & 20 - New King James Version

"I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke."

"The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD."

May we live in interesting times.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Fun trivia. There is almost always a solar and lunar eclipse paired together within a month or two of each other. There was a partial solar on April 30, I think, but not visible for many except in parts of South America.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Fun trivia. There is almost always a solar and lunar eclipse paired together within a month or two of each other. There was a partial solar on April 30, I think, but not visible for many except in parts of South America.

Yeah, just getting a jump on the Biblical Apocalypse thing.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
We had clear skies here, and I got to field all kinds of awesome questions from my youngest regarding connections between zombie apocalypses and blood moons etc.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It's gonna be a little while still, but I just looked this up so I felt like sharing it here in case anyone might be interested....

There will be a total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024 from Mexico through the center of Texas up through Indiana, Ohio, a little bit of Canada up to Maine.

solarsystem.nasa.gov...

I've never actually seen one in the path of totality, but I should be real close to the center of this one.

top topics

join