It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best veggie burger.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Excluding seafood, but there have been some "braais" (South Efrican for "barbecue"), and the carnivores were like: "Yeah, eat some meat."

And I crumbled and did.

And it was like ... chewing cardboard.

Happy to say in two decades I never missed anything.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Trust me in this one...

Falafels..

Make it in to a patty shape and burger it up.. Roll up as a kebab.. Pita... make a nice finely chopped salad with it.. with a splash of vinegar.. snap some lime juice over it just before eating it.

Thank me later.

I forgot to mention that add a whole lot of fresh herbs in the falafel batch, and get some smoke going on too, smoked chili or chipotle/paprika whatever you got.
edit on 2-5-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
For a "Falafel Burger":

edit on 2-5-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The only time I consider a vegetarian burger good is when it is filling the mouth of a vegetarian.....because that leaves more beef for me to eat. I like veggies, but I do not like them made into burgers. If I was a vegetarian I would stay away from them myself, I like m veggies steamed or boiled. Except potatoes, I like them sauteed in some bacon grease to start with and then finished frying in butter. I never got into any fried veggies other than onions and potatoes. And unless I was a vegetarian who ate butter, I would not eat cooked veggies either, margarine sucks.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
OK chickpeas and spices and then the Tahini sauce.

The what sauce?

The secret ingredient: the Tahini sauce.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What's the perfect consistancy?
You decide.
You are the Houdini of your Tahini.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Getting hungry. now my tummy is like a wolf.

Yeah, an artichoke-jackal:

Artichoke cooking by Chef Dangoor:

Only for your hunger?
Nope.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
On a cold autumn's night, will I offer myself to the wolf with the artichokes?

Yes.

I bet you say that to all of the vegetables.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If you choose to be a vegetarian, by all means, do so.
But you sure don't have to, to still not support "factory meat"

Haven't bought beef in a store in over 10 years. I get mine right from a local farmer. I know what they eat, and if they get hormones (not) or shots, (not) and that they are raised humanely.
Taste's so much better than the store bought stuff.

Same with our pork.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex
a reply to: halfoldman

Trust me in this one...

Falafels..

Make it in to a patty shape and burger it up.. Roll up as a kebab.. Pita... make a nice finely chopped salad with it.. with a splash of vinegar.. snap some lime juice over it just before eating it.

Thank me later.

I forgot to mention that add a whole lot of fresh herbs in the falafel batch, and get some smoke going on too, smoked chili or chipotle/paprika whatever you got.

I used to spin my work friends out by buying a falafel kebab, and not a doner kebab or otherwise. It was just so much better.. Even worse, I used to buy a salad only Subway sammich.. haha.. usually because I was skint, but it was just as good as the tripple meatball ones I used to get, without the heartburn

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The only time I consider a vegetarian burger good is when it is filling the mouth of a vegetarian.....because that leaves more beef for me to eat. I like veggies, but I do not like them made into burgers. If I was a vegetarian I would stay away from them myself, I like m veggies steamed or boiled. Except potatoes, I like them sauteed in some bacon grease to start with and then finished frying in butter. I never got into any fried veggies other than onions and potatoes. And unless I was a vegetarian who ate butter, I would not eat cooked veggies either, margarine sucks.

Noooo, sauteed? Baked my friend. Scrape them par boiled spuds with a fork, a little dash of olive oil and bake them till crispy. Nothing beats a baked spud. Except baked garlic, when you squeeze them out of their natural wrappers and it's sweetish, buttery and .. well no one comes near you for a week. haha

Same with carrots, baked in some decent oil. The only thing I boild, when not making sauerkraut, is cabbage, but it has to be with a decent stock. *homer simpson ugggghhhh sound*

Worst thing is cold chips. You can't even microwave them back to edible. Just smother them in vinegar and chicken salt, and pray you don't have a coronary mid way though.

I come from a land down under, where fish and chips were fed to us every saturday night. Mum never ate the outside part, so I would help.

numnumnum

this is all making me hungry now. I'll go have a glass of water - they say when you feel peckish, it's usually because ... nah, I want a kebab..
edit on 3-5-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
On a cold autumn's night, will I offer myself to the wolf with the artichokes?

Yes.

I bet you say that to all of the vegetables.

Artichokes are foul. Had a jar of them oce. Just put it in the freezer and 6 months later threw them out. How can you eat those things. I know there must be a way, but yeeesh!! O.o

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

They say not castrating a piglet makes the meat taste gamy. That's how it all tastes to me.. I'd rather the piggy not have it's bollocks ripped off while it squeals, than eat pork.

I can always have cheese on toast.

edit on 3-5-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: rickymouse

Noooo, sauteed? Baked my friend. Scrape them par boiled spuds with a fork, a little dash of olive oil and bake them till crispy. Nothing beats a baked spud. Except baked garlic, when you squeeze them out of their natural wrappers and it's sweetish, buttery and .. well no one comes near you for a week. haha

Same with carrots, baked in some decent oil. The only thing I boild, when not making sauerkraut, is cabbage, but it has to be with a decent stock. *homer simpson ugggghhhh sound*

Worst thing is cold chips. You can't even microwave them back to edible. Just smother them in vinegar and chicken salt, and pray you don't have a coronary mid way though.

I come from a land down under, where fish and chips were fed to us every saturday night. Mum never ate the outside part, so I would help.

numnumnum

this is all making me hungry now. I'll go have a glass of water - they say when you feel peckish, it's usually because ... nah, I want a kebab..

One of my favorite kinds of potatoes is baked potatoes. I like the peel a little crunchy and drown it in butter. I do veggies in the roaster when I make a beef roast, it is good with the juice. Potatoes and carrots and onions are great, and a piece of celery in there too adds flavor to the juice.

I don't like veggies on the grill. Asparagus is one of the highest veggies in asparagaine and if you grill them on the bbq or under the broiler in the oven, acrylamides are abundant...way more than would happen in potatoes if you browned them like that with broiled fish in the oven. The acrylamides are not that much of a cancer concern as people think, our bodies can detox some all right, but high levels in foods becomes a problem. Frying a veggi burger with the wrong mix of veggies in it could contribute to high acrylamides in the diet.

Lots of things have asparagaines but some people eat lots of french fries and that is why they want to design a potato with less asparagaines...the white Russet is the most recent experiment going on. I tasted some when they had them in the store here and I think the white russet is an inferior tasting potato.

Forgive my spelling if I didn't spell these chemicals correctly, I feel lazy and don't feel like checking the spelling today.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Meh, don't even try to replicate an actual burger.

If you must have a grilled, vegetarian, patty-like thing, just get a giant portabella cap and grill it while basting with broth. I used beef broth, but I supposed vegetable would do. Then you could stuff it with goat cheese. It has nice earthy flavor and a beefy, substantial texture. Get a big enough one, and it fits a bun even.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Meh, don't even try to replicate an actual burger.

If you must have a grilled, vegetarian, patty-like thing, just get a giant portabella cap and grill it while basting with broth. I used beef broth, but I supposed vegetable would do. Then you could stuff it with goat cheese. It has nice earthy flavor and a beefy, substantial texture. Get a big enough one, and it fits a bun even.

Nah forget portobello man, better idea to feed your head at the same time you feed your stomach, and get a big ol Lions mane, slice it whatever size you need, slap that in to a burger, you can season it as you would season chicken or crab meat.. And believe me, they are meaty.

edit on 4-5-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Chef David Lee on plant-based vegetarian burgers:

edit on 13-5-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Vegetation burger using seasonal mushrooms.

We are the "Champions".

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My very favorite veggie burgers were the ones I ate when I was stationed in Japan for a couple of years when I was active duty Navy. Japan was known and probably still is known for soy burgers. One of the best soy burgers I ever had was when I was playing tourist in the Fuji Five Lakes region of Japan. It’s a beautiful area. There was a lakeside restaurant where I ordered what I thought was a regular beef burger. Since everything was in Japanese, there was a pic of the burger, and I ordered it with a side of rice. I ate it and found it delicious. There was a Japanese man practicing his English with me, and I told him how good it was, that Japan just had the best beef. He laughed and told me that what I had just eaten was a soy burger, no beef whatsoever. I was so surprised, and after that, I ate a lot of soy burgers. I haven’t had any veggie burger that good since I came back stateside.

I like to eat a Boca burger once in awhile, not too bad. I also like the impossible burger at Burger King.

<< 1   >>

join