It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Land Of Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Homeland is a magical place. Rivers flow clear and clean down mountains with snow capped peaks that glisten in the sun, and on through fields of grass, green and lush and soft to look at. Wild flowers and all manner of birds will be found in these fields which are surrounded by forests of oak.

The oaks grow like pillars holding up the heavy leaf roof which create a perpetual shade. A place to go when the summer sun rises high and brings with it a heat that no Homelander is expected to endure. The mossy forest floor is soft and cool and smells of mushrooms. When night falls the forest is dark, and magic lives there. Night creatures sing their songs and dance until sun begins to rise, at which time they will run or crawl or fly to their hidden homes to sleep the day away-only to return when night comes again. Just a special few humans ever see these creatures, and they will not speak of what they see.

On top of a small hill in the center of Homeland, stands a Whitehouse. The house is big enough for a large family, maybe 10 people, it has many windows to let the light in, and to allow the breeze to blow through. There is a barn for the cows, and sheds to put things in, there are trees around the house, flowers grow thick in well maintained flower beds. (cheez)

The inside of the house allways smells of something good to eat, a delicious roast or a meat pie, potatoes, corn, cabbage, bread. Or cakes and cookies. (i have no idea where this is going hahahah) There is love and laughter in the big white house with the green roof.

There are other houses and folk in Homeland, and they are fine indeed, but there is something unique and special about the big Whitehouse and its folk. Everyone realized it, but none made a big deal about it, or envied it, rather everyone enjoys the special magical feeling of this place, and the people without speaking about it.

One must realize that no place and no one is perfect. When we visit a magical place and feel as though it is perfect, we must keep in mind that there are allways things to tolerate, even in perfect places...even in Homeland, the fly buzzes, the roof may leak, and weeds will try to make their home in the flower beds. It is how one reacts to such events that makes the place perfect. And so in Homeland, everyone is taught to accept the natures occurance of things.

Solomano lives in the big Whitehouse in Homeland with his Mommasan Naniman and GrandPapaPino. When Solomano was born evryone knew he was destined to be a great adventurer. He would travel to far away places and see many wonderful and strange things. Solomano grew up strong and intelligent. He worked very hard with GranpaPino, who was a learned man, and knew much magic, although he never used the magic, Solomano wanted to know all there was about it. "We must know things." GrandPaPino would say, as he and Solomano carried wood from the pile to put into the stove, to warm the big Whitehouse when the cold winter wind blew.

"Why do we need to know things that we will never use?" Solomano asked. "People who only know what is needed to be known in order to get by are ignorant. That is to say they lack knowledge and understanding. They never get past the here and now."

"You know magic-but never use it. How does that get you past the here and now?" "If I know magic when I come across it I can not be fooled by it. And more to the point, I cant be fooled by someone who says they know magic, but really doesnt."

Solomano heard GrandPaPinos words, and for just a moment thought he understood them, but the understanding fled his mind. GrandPaPino could see the confusion in Solomanos eyes. "Dont worry" GrandPaPino said, you will understand more and more as you grow older and older"

And Solomano did grow older and bigger and stronger. He loved his family. His beautiful mother, Mamasan taught him to listen, and to respect other people. She said "Almost everyone has something to say. If you listen you will hear past their words and know what the person is inside. You will know who they are."

"How can I hear past their words? Words are what we hear?" Solomano asked.
"You know when I say yes-I mean yes. But if I say maybe-it means there is the possibility that I may say ye or no." "But those are words." Solomano replied. "What is past them?" "It is what you are striving for right now Solomano. It is called understanding, and you will gain more and more understanding as you grow older."

Solomano thought he would be very old indeed before he would learn all the things he would need to know to be as wise as his family. NoniWan loved Solomano in a way that no one else did. She allways did special things for him. It was Noni Wan who gave Solomano his sword and armour. She knew he would need it on his adventures. She taught him how to speak to the animals and to understand what the animals meant when they made their sounds.

"I love you NoniWan" Solomano said one day. "I love you too" she replied.
"Will I ever be as big as GrandPaPino?"
"You will be bigger"
"How do you know"
"Because I know some things."
"I bet you know evrything"

Should I continue with the story ATS?

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Oh no don't go on, I really like reading something and just when it gets exciting it stops😏

Of course you need to continue the story

Here's just the star flag you will get when you continue story

edit on 30-4-2022 by Lora73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
MamaSan looked at Solomono and smiled. "No one knows everything. And when You realize you do not know everything about anything, then you can honestly say that you know some things."
"I love you Noniwan."
"I love you Solomono."

Solomono enjoyed exploring Homeland. When he went to the forest or the hills or the rivers he allways took his good dog WillyBillo.

WillyBillo is a strong dog, and can run very fast, he is gentle with people and never barks or growls unless there is danger.

Once when a brown bear wandered into Homeland WillyBillo barked and barked, until Solomono went to see what was wrong. When he saw the bear, Solomono used his walking stick to chase the bear away. "Good boy WillyBillo" Solomono said and gave the dog a bone from NoniWans kitchen.

One day as Solomono was hiking through the hills, he discovered a small lake hidden beneath the trees growing in a high valley. The water was cold, and so Solomono knew that the source of the lake was an underground spring.

The sun was very warm, and Solomono had been walking for hours, so the cold drink he scooped from the lake was quite refreshing. He decided to take a swim. He took off his clothing and jumped into the water. It was so cold it made him gasp for air. After swimming he put his clothes back on, and sat on the ground next to a tree. Warm sunlight came through the branches and felt good on his skin. He became completely relaxed and soon fell asleep. It was dark when Solomono was awakened by the sound of splashing water coming from the small lake.

The moon was bright, and it cast a glow on the water. To Solomonos surprise, he saw something that had not been seen for thousands of years---

A white winged horse! It was standing in the shallow water at the edge of the lake...getting a drink and spreading its wings!

"A horse with wings!" Solomono thought. He was standing as still as a stone, but his heart was beating so fast he was sure that the horse could hear it.

"What do I do?" he thought...He decided to say hello.
"Hello." The words were no more than a whisper. The great winged horse rose up on its hind legs and flapped its wings, lifting itself off the ground.
"Hello, my name is Solomono." The horse snorted.
"No, I am not trying to catch you."
"You understand me?" the horse asked.
"Yes, MamaSan NaniWan helped me learn."
"NaniWan?"
Yes, my Grandmother."

The great horse put his feet back on the ground and walked to Solomono for a moment they just looked at eachother, not knowing what the other would do next.

"I am Pegasus."
Solomono knew the stories of the wonderful winged horse of old times. He had allways thought they were just legends.
"I fell asleep here, is this your lake?" Pegasus looked at Solomono. "No." he said, "but you are the first human to come here in hundreds of years."
"I wont tell anyone about you." Solomono was afraid he would never see Pegasus again. "Its ok if you do Pegasus replied, "You are here for a reason. You will have many adventures and I will be with you on some of them. None can sneak up on me. Only someone chosen to do great things could fall asleep and wake up to see me."
"Great things?" Solomono asked. "Me?"
"Just know this," replied Pegasus, "When you need me, Ill be here. Now climb up on my back and Ill take you home. Its too long of a walk------often dark--through the hills."

And so Solomono climbed up on Pegasus' back, and the great horse ran a few steps, flapped his wingsand lifted up into the air. Soon they were high in the night sky. a reply to: didntasktobeborned

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Solomono had never felt such a thrill! He looked down at WillyBillo who had already headed in the directin of Home..at a speed and intensity that Solomono had never witnessed in him..And Solomonos senses were hightened and he felt a closer connection with everything...

Soaring through the clouds and the moonlight, and then gently coming to earth in front of the big Whitehouse with the green roof. Solomono and Pegasus said goodbye. Pegasus flew away and Solomono turned to go inside. As he turned Solomono saw three faces he knew but each looking out a window. They looked like paintings of wide-eyed suprised people. Faces with frozen expressions of wonder----barely believing what they had just witnessed.

At night, the dew settles on Homeland and coats everything with tiny droplets of water. In the moonlight, the grass appears to be layered in precious gemstones---drops of water reflecting the moonlight, creating sparkling colors--all the colors of the rainbow. On some nights, special nights when the moon is very bright, Homeland glows and shimmers with such a vibrance, that it seems as though it will explode. On those nights magic happens.

One magical dewey night, Solomono and GrandPaPino were sitting in their very comfortable chairs on the front porch. They listened to the night sounds_crickets, tree frogs and night birds sang their songs.

Solomono noticed a figure coming up the road. In the moonlight the figure looked ghostlike. As it drew closer, they could see the person wore a robe with a hood. Onto the path leading to the big Whitehouse, the figure came up to the porch. Solomono and GrandPaoino sat quietly.
"Is this the home of Solomono?" The figure asked. They could only see the whites of his eyes under the shaded hood.
"Yes it is." GrandPapino replied.
"May I speak with him?"
"Im Solomono."
The figure stood silent for a few moments. He sighed, the night sounds had stopped.
"I need your help."
"Please GrandPaPino said "Have a seat. Would you like something to drink? Are you hungry?"
"A glass of water please."
Solomono went into the house to get the water.
"He looks to be a fine Young Man" the stranger said as he watched Solomono go into the house.
" What can my grandson do to help you?"
"Please lets wait until he returns. He too must hear my request."

Solomono returned to the porch carrying a tall glass of water on a wooden tray. He also brought some sweet bread and a cup of steaming cofee made from the beans sent from Africa, GrandPaPinos favorite, and lemon tea for himself. Solomono set the tray on the tree stump table and sat down in his chair.

The visitor reached for the glass of water and took a long, slow drink.
GrandPaPino softly blew his breath across the surface of the hot cofee. Steam moved off the cofee and vanished into the night air. His eyes glowed a little. Solomono took a big bite of sweet bread and washed it down with a drink of lemon tea.

When the stranger finished his drink, he set the glass on the stump table. Then he reached up and pulled the hood, that covered his head, back, uncovering his face. He looked very old, but not like you may think. His face was smooth, not covered with wrinkles. His hair was white like snow, as were his bushy eyebrows. Beneath those great, bushy, white eyebrows, his blue eyes sparkled, but the sparkle did not cover the sadness they held. Solomono felt the strangers sadness and GrandPaPino realized that his Grandson was aware of anothers feelings. Indeed the strangers sadness made one aware of his age---he was ancient.

"Thank you." the stranger said, I am very weary, but my thirst was in more need of quenching, than my body is of rest."
"Perhaps you should sleep before we visit." GrandPaPino replied.
"You are very kind sir, but my people only grow eary while we do that which needs to be done. Once we complete the duty we become refreshed. Indeed our 'labels' are our rest."
Solomono did not understand, but GrandPaPino smiled.

"Ive longed to meet a Goodone my entire life. And here you are--on my porch, visiting." GrandPaPino was lightly excited, something which rarely happened. " Please tell your tale--refresh yourself."

"The Goodones are" is what people say. They say that because there have allways been Goodones. Few Homelanders have ever met a Goodone, but it is accepted by all, that they exist. Accepted because those that have met them are true of tounge, and will not lie or misdirect those they speak to.

The Goodones came into existance when all things began. They do not die. They grow very old to look at in just one year, then they grow very young in the next year. When a Goodone is old he may travel some. They only travel to a place never back to their place. They only sleep once a year--when they sleep, no matter where they are, they return home. A Goodone will go to sleepand then just vanish----only to reappear in his own bed. If the Goodone is home when he sleeps he does not travel or vanish or reappear---he just sleeps.

Since the Goodones do not die, and only sleep once a year, they become peaceful lovers of nature, and creators of beautiful art and music. They would do no harm to anyone--even to invaders who would steal their wealth and enslave them. They will not fight wars. Instead they hide until the invader leaves their land. They build a wall of invisibility, by using their thoughts. All Goodones think of nothing at the same time and thereby become invisible---and the invaders pillage their land. It is a very painful experience for the Goodones---to think of nothing--all of them at the same time..Very painful indeed.

"It has been a long time since we were invaded" the Goodone told GrandPaPino and Solomono. "More than two thousand years."
"Two thousand years!" Solomono thought. "Could it be so?"

"The new invaders are unlike any that have come before them. They are moving in number and are terrible in waste..even for invaders. They have begun to build houses and we fear they intend to stay. We Goodones will vanish forever if we are forced to remain invisible much longer---the effect of nothing--of loving nothing--thinking nothing, will make us nothing."
GrandPaPinos eyes were wet with sadness and Solomono felt a heaviness he could not explain.

"What would you have us do? What do you expect of my Grandson?"
"During our sleep time we have seen Solomono on the white horse Pegasus. He is brave and does many good deeds, helping the people of the world and destroying great evil. We have not seen him help us, but we feel sure he can, and will."

"And these invaders" GrandPaPino said, "tell me about them."

There are many evils--and evil is defined differently by different folk, depending upon the situation. The farmer who lost a crop to a sudden frost may call the frost evil--but evil to the Goodones is evil to all. For to hurt a Goodone is a hurt against life--and that truly is evil.

"They ride huge alligators. Alligators that are driven mad by the poison the invaders feed them. The invaders wear armor and carry swords, spears and shields. The invaders are new, large and violent. They have slaves who follow behind them carrying tents and supplies. We saw a slave try to escape and then the invader rode his alligator to the slave and with a snap, the alligator grabbed the slave with his giant teeth--and the slave was gone...eaten."

There was anger in GrandPaPinos eyes.
There was anger in Solomonos eyes.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
GrandPaPino said "We will talk it over and determine if there is anything we can do, and give you our decision in the morning."
"Pegasus knows the way" said the Goodone, and then he yawned and stretched and closed his eyes and vanished.

Solomono tried to sleep, but his mind was full of the magical Goodones and invaders and giant alligators. "We will talk in the morning" his GrandPaPino told him, "go to bed and rest, but when the sun began to rise Solomono was still awake, full of thoughts and questions, he was very tired, but sleep would not come.

Mornings in the big Whitehouse were allways greeted with anticipation by all. Every day held the possibility of new learning and good work or a picnic or a visit to the music makers or some other wonderful thing, of which there are too many to mention.

Mananara and NoniWan loved to fix the first meal. There would be skillet cakes and honey, and meats golden brown. Bowls of fresh fruits, grapes, peaches, pears, melons, . Pitchers of milk and soft beer and cider and hot cofee for GrandPaPino, but best of all for Solomono, was gravy over toast with an egg on top. His favorite. Mananara and NoniWan had all prepared , but they were not as cheerful as they usually were. They spoke to eachother in whispers. Solomono knew that NoniWan would say what was to be. She would make the decision fact, by saying what would be done. NoniWan knew some things.

"There is nothing to be gained by wondering if Solomono should go or stay. If Pegasus knows the way, he goes. If not, he stays." That was what she said. The end of the saying, concerning wether Solomono should help the Goodones. He was to leave after the first meal--NoniWan said.

Solomonos brown skin was shiny with persperation by the time he reached the lake of Pegasus, high up in the hills. His walk was made more difficult because he carried food -food Mananara had prepared for him before he left, also he wore the armor that NoniWan made for him. No arrow could go through it. GrandPaPino gave him a walking stick--using the stick made the going easier.

By the time Solomono got to the lake he was hot and very tired . He cooled off with a swim and then he ate the wonderful food from the bag. Soon he was fast asleep. He was full of questions--What would he do? How would he do it? How would he stop an army of invaders? He was just aboy, and they rode giant alligators. Even with all these questions he fell fast asleep--he was so very weary..The last thing he remembered was NoniWan saying "Remember, all will be made clear to you as you go, I do not have the answers, but I do know you will soon have them." Solomono was sure she was correct--NoniWan knows some things.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Solomono awoke to a gentle push on his leg. It was Pegasus. "I trust You slept well."
"A very good sleep i ndeed." Solomono replied. "Youve come about the Goodones?"
"How do you know that?"
"A goodone told me you would be coming, just before She vanished."
"I am worried. I really do not know what to expect. They may have the wrong boy..I think they do."

"The Goodones never choose the wrong person. They know exactly what they are doing."

Off they went. Solomono on the back of the magnificent Pegasus. When Pegasus flies, time stands still for him. He arrives, no matter how long the journey, at the same time he takes off. He and his rider are never weary when they land. And so, even though they flew for weeks over many strange lands, and seas, and mountains, the trip was over in the magical twinkling of an eye.

"We will land soon." Pegasus said.
"Where? I see only water." Solomono replied.
"When we touch down you will see the land of the Goodones. They and the land are invisible, but they will make the path visible to you."

And as soon as Pegasus set fpoot on the ground, Solomono could see their land..Much of it was black from fire, and a thick haze floated just above the ground. There was no one to be seen.

"We will wait here." Pegasus said. "The wait will not be long."

As Solomono stood looking over the barren, burnt land, he thought about the Goodones and their sadness.
"We will be fine now that You are here." The voice came from a Goodone--the same Goodone that visited the big Whitehouse." Solomono thought.
"No" the Goodone said., "We all appear to look the same, but none of us really look like this."
Solomono and Pegasus listened to the Goodone.
"You will find a bow and arrow under the golden stone by the river. It is a magical bow, and will never run out of arrows--we call it Quicksilver. It is the only weapon you will need to drive the invaders away."
"Where is the golden stone? The river? " Solomono asked.
"It will be where you look." With that the Goodone vanished.

"I suppose we should go look." Pegasus said, "and we need to walk, because if we fly the land will vanish beneath us."

The earth was dry and hard beneath their feet. With each step they took, a small cloud of black dust rose a few inches off the ground. When Solomono looked back, he saw a small, long black cloud floating over the path he and Pegasus had taken.
"This place is dreadful." Solomono said
"Believe me," Pegasus replied, " it has not allways been this way."
"Youve been here before?"
"I came into existence here."

There was a slight glimmer just ahead. The two of them spotted it at the same time, and walked toward it. It was a very very small piece of gold. No bigger than an acorn. Solomono wondered how Quicksilver could be under such a small nugget.
"Pick it up." Pegasus told Solomono
He did pick it up, and when he did, the ground shook a little and then raised up to form a small cube the size of a small shed. There was a door, and it opened up.
"What do you want?"
Inside was a very small man. His eyes were brown and narrow, and they slanted somewhat. He wore a blue robe that reached the floor.
"What do you want I said!"
"I was looking for Quicksilver."
"Oh, so you look for Quicksilver do you? Well, You can not have it."
Pegasus pawed at the ground with his hoof. "But I must have Quicksilver." Solomono replied.
"I must have it." the little man mocked Solomono. "I must have it--I must, I must."

Solomono stood silent. "Well, you can not have it."
"But I was told..."
"Told!" the little man shouted 'told! Told what? Were you told I would give you quicksilver?
"Well, no."
"Well, no indeed. Therefore you can not have it."

Solomono was out of words and he turned and began to walk away. "Just where are you going?" the little man asked.
"Away from you , you rude little man"
The little mans mouth fell open and he began to cry. "I said you could not have Quicksilver, I did not say you may not have it."
Solomono did not know what to say. "You may have Quicksilver if You have the price."
"I do not have any money." " Money-money-money. Who wants money. I want the price!"
Solomono had reached the end of his wits. "I have no idea what you are talking about." "What do you have?" asked the little man.
Solomono felt something in his hand-"the little piece of gold" he thought. "I have this." he thought. "I have this." he said, as he held the little gold pice out.
"Just the right price" the little man said, as he took the gold. "And here is Quicksilver. Its not Yours, but it is yours until it is finished with you, then it will come back to me." He handed Quicksilver to Solomono, and the door closed and the cube returned to the earth.
"What did he mean?" "I do not know." replied Pegasus.

Invaders are allways cruel and destructive. They have no manners and hate everyone who does. Those who entered the land of the Goodones were the worst of all. It was their intention to completely destroy the land and then use it as a place to keep their slaves--all the people they conqured. They were angry because they could not find the Goodones. And because they were more angry than usual, they became very destructive. They were killing all the animals and birds. They poisoned the water and set the forest on fire. Soon there would be nothing left.

Solomono and Pegasus scanned the horizon. They could see a huge black cloud.
"There must be hundreds of them." Pegasus said. Solomono realized at that point , that the cloud of dust was being created by the feet of the giant alligators as they ran toward them.

He jumped on Pegasus' back and they were off into the air. Solomono held Quicksilver in his hand, and a quiver of arrows was strapped to his back.

When the invaders saw Solomono riding Pegasus toward them, they yelled and screamed. They got their weapons ready--bows--slings--spears--and fire throwers.
Solomono and Pegasus stopped in the air.
"Invaders" Solomono shouted "Leave this land or face the wrath of Quicksilver!"
The invaders replie by firing all the weapons they had. Pegasus, the magnificent horse dodged and swerved and all the weapons missed.
Solomono let loose an arrow--it made the sound "pha-Kow" as it left the bow. The arrow hit its mark, and a giant alligator fell dead to the ground. Again and again Solomono loosed arrows.."pha-Kow-phaKow-phaKow" until all of the giant alligators were dead. Solomono did not shoot one invader.
The invaders beganto run in fear. "Stp!" Solomono shouted. The invaders stopped running, and stood trembling before the mighty Solomono.

"Leave this land and never return. Hurt no one again. If you do, there will be more more than ugly beasts dead on the ground."
The invaders bowed and begged for mercy and promised never to return, and to never again hurt other people. With that said, they ran away.
"You did very well" Pegasus said
"I was very afraid" replied Solomono
"Sometimes fear is a good ally."

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As Solomono and Pegasus landed they realized the land had not vanished while they were in the air.
"Good or evil can make us see hidden things" a voice behind them said. "Good or evil can open our eyes"
It was a Goodone. "See, already the good comes forth now that the evil is gone."
Solomono watched as the burnt earth turned green with thick grass, the sky went blue and the streams began to flow with clear water. Birds came flying in and they saw a deer run through a field. "Soon all will be as it should be." The Goodone said.
"Everything happened so fast." Solomono said.
"Only for you--for us it was as though we had lived forever--void of the things we love. Thank you Solomono, thank you Pegasus." The Goodone yawned and vanished.
"We should leave now." said Pegasus. And they were off. They landed in the yard of the big Whitehouse, just moments after they had left the lake in the hills. All said goodbye and Pegasus flew off.

Solomono said he would tell the tale of his journey in the morning. and he yawned, and disappeared up the stairs--and to his bed.

top topics

join