It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was gonna write a book, but i relize i have no talent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
mods please put this in the right place, hello everyone , as the title says i was gonna write a book on the nwo,mk ultra among other things but sad to say i have no talent in this segment, so heres what i wrote, it deals with mk ultra, and some bits in canada.

It is well known that during the cold war the United States Of America had agency's, the centrail intelliegence agency or CIA being one example,that had funded mind controll programs. these pragrams, the most famous being code named MK ULTRA began in the early 1950's and was offically sanctioned in 1953. it was later reduced in scale in 1964 and further dumped in 1967 untill it was offically abandonded in 1973. MK ULTRA targeted almost everyone, from hospital patients with something as simple as post-partum depression and various other illnesses to soldiers and even everday cavillians,These people were subjected to various treatments including but not limited to intensive shock treatments and drug fueled comas.Many historians and people who study the subject agree that creating a Manchurian Candidate was the end goal of MK ULTRA and that programs like these layed the groundwork for modern day torture techniques used throughout the world, Declassified CIA documents show that radiological,biological and chemcial means were investigated for the purpose of figureing out how to controll someones mind, these documents show that there was a memorandum granted to the MK ULTRA director to get up to six percent of the CIA research budget in the year 19553,an estimated $10 million USD in 1953, or a rough estimate of $104,420,225 if you take inflation into account. These numbers show that these agencys took these things very seriously, and it was not a one time thing that can be explained away as a mistake. The United States Of America is not the only place this sort of thing happened,if you ask a typical canadian if this sort of thing can happen on canadian soil they would whole heartedly say ''No Never'' but did you know they would be wrong.
seventy-seven canadians in 1992 recieved compensation from the canadian goverment for the monstrosity treatments given by Dr. Donald Ewen Cameron and colleague's from the Allan Memorial Institute. the treatments include but are not limited to drug induced comas, torture techniques and electric shock treatment, these experiments were trying to get the subjects brain reprogramed.Dr. Donald Ewen Cameron, The psychiatrist obtained the necesary funds through the Canadian government and The united States Of America's own Centrail Intelliegence agency.sources vary but it is believed that Dr, Donald Ewen Cameron was paid roughly $69,000 from 1957 until 1964, that is almost $580,000, with inflation in 2021.But this man who lived a well off life and died in 1967 at the age of 65 would never know any consequence's for his actions, and neither would the hospitals he worked with,the canadian courts have established that ''Royal Victoria Hospital'' was not considered '' by law'' to be the employer of Dr. Cameron, they say he was autonomous and independent.The canadian Government is very resistant to accept any sort responsibility for the actions of this man and men like him, The Canadian Federal Governemnt has never apologized for funding these experiments and experiments like them, the Canadian government also regularly gives out gag oprders in out of court settlements which are doing nothing but to help the people in charge circumvent responsibility and avert more compensation from victims.

hope this helps you more than it helped me.
perhaps someday i will turn this book idea into a pamphlet
edit on 14-4-2022 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Dig a little bit deeper on Dr Cameron ,as I replied to another member here in a thread about Antarctica I am good at remembering faces and get the joke in a bond movie where blowfield looks at bond and says coo coo ,he was supposed to die in a sking incident I think the movie is spectre ! .

I watched a old black and white documentary with Dr Cameron being interviewed and he was rattled at what he saw ,what I heard him say was they walked through glass then he stared right at the camera shocked. and said then they walked through again . In the film men who stare at goats I get it where George Clooney is running at the wall right at the end .

Dr Cameron was from Stirling in Scotland , I would put money on it that I saw him in the early 70s in Scotland .

And this is from someone who does not gamble ?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I hear ya…
Over the last few years I’ve worked on several screen plays and I’m still not completely happy with the results.
Especially so when I hear stories like John Hughes writing weird science in two days….ugh
Two fricken days…

People with talent suck rocks

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Two days they came up with the COVID vaccine in 2 hours the other company took 4 hours when the Chinese put the data online

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I keep thinking that I should write a book....but I keep researching and find I am learning lots more on how to apply the information properly so keep putting it off. I would not actually sell it, I would give it away on some site for people to download....I suppose I will get alzheimer disease and forget everything I learned in the last fifteen or so years before I get to write it. That's ok, it would probably get attacked by the pharma companies anyway and other agencies that are in cahoots with them....I would have to call it a fiction book to protect myself from being targeted.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I hear ya…
Over the last few years I’ve worked on several screen plays and I’m still not completely happy with the results.
Especially so when I hear stories like John Hughes writing weird science in two days….ugh
Two fricken days…

People with talent suck rocks

You have to think of this in a "yes, but..." kind of way. Hughes had his own personal formula. He wrote so fast that the people hired to edit and print the scripts had to spend countless hours dissecting it. Then, Hughes and others spent tons of time rewriting and reshooting. He ran on the adrenaline.

So... are you not on Hughes level talent wise, or do you just not have access to people who will make your scrawled and sprawling ideas happen if you produced good content, like Hughes did?

He was absolutely prolific and a genius, but he was also a product of the machine. I bet your screenplays are good, you just don't have access to the same machinery.

Bluntone22 can't laughingly show his coworker a story he was working on and have them set up meetings with film producers. But, I bet he could option a script to Netflix or another streamer with perseverance (They'll rewrite it anyways.).

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Very interesting! I also would like to write, but I am nervous about how they would turn out. I have several ideas on paper...just waiting to try one and see how it would turn out!

I do however have editing skills as I have always loved to spell and have edited many papers for others as a hobby, sometimes for money some for fun. If you would ever be interested in having someone edit for you...just send me a message. I would be happy to edit for you, just for the fun of it! no charge for a fellow ATS'er!

Good job putting the material together!

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   

How does one know , until one tries ?

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

True. The guaranteed way to fail is to not attempt in at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   

If you can clearly get your meaning across on paper there are people who, for a fee will polish that script into something beautiful and professional looking without altering the message being conveyed.

There are many sights introducing people like yourself to writers that are competitively looking for work.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm sure what he came up with in two days wasn't the final screenplay for the movie. We will probably never hear the entire story with that one.

As to your last point about Netflix.
That's a big issue with me too. I don't want my work to be rewritten or modified to an unrecognizable state.
I'd rather not have my vision soiled by today's Hollywood.

With that attitude I have to also realize that my movie will most likely never be produced.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I agree, just get started and see where it goes. I'd start with notes and organizing the information into a logical progression for the reader. A research report is pretty straight forward, fiction is much harder though. There's plot and character development in fiction, that can get messy compared to an article or report. There are techniques for writing different things along with writing style, lots of factors in writing, but don't let that scare you into not telling a story.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

I agree, just get started and see where it goes. I'd start with notes and organizing the information into a logical progression for the reader. A research report is pretty straight forward, fiction is much harder though. There's plot and character development in fiction, that can get messy compared to an article or report. There are techniques for writing different things along with writing style, lots of factors in writing, but don't let that scare you into not telling a story.

And everyone has a story to tell....

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, I think that's really cool.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm sure what he came up with in two days wasn't the final screenplay for the movie. We will probably never hear the entire story with that one.

As to your last point about Netflix.
That's a big issue with me too. I don't want my work to be rewritten or modified to an unrecognizable state.
I'd rather not have my vision soiled by today's Hollywood.

With that attitude I have to also realize that my movie will most likely never be produced.

There are many ways to sell screen plays; And you can put in the contracts how you want it produced.
There are many Indy producers looking for quality content. I'm one of them. For my own treatments or finished work I like to market them at fadeinonline.com... or one of the many "pitch fests" They are not strictly Hollywood but international studios looking for everything from short films, treatments, features, even ideas for video games.

Currently I'm working for indy filmmakers shooting the TV series teaser/trailer first to use in their EPK [electronic press kit] for marketing to the big dogs in the industry. Now working above the line as an AD and if I like how the teaser turns out, I'll contribute a few $$$ as an associate producer to help with marketing the product. It's like gambling in a way, so far I've been verry lucky.

Last summer I worked on a feature film that was written as we were shooting it. 126 scenes in 2 days. It was brutal but sold even before we finished it.
With all the streaming platforms, the industry is booming. Join us!!

I forgot to add that you can hook up with an agent that does nothing but market screenplays for writers that don't want the hassle of marketing their own work. My experience is to have a good attorney before going that route.

I want to encourage anyone with a story to tell to write in any manner you feel comfortable with but we started with this...

www.celtx.com...

edit on 15-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You have a PM

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Don’t give up!
I’ve got a thousand stories in my head.
Keep trying!

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I learned very early on I can't write a novel or a screenplay, and, most of all to me as a drummer who idolized Neil Peart for his playing and lyric writing I also realized I can't write lyrics for squat, either.

I've often thought of bringing this idea up on ATS for years but never have, so, well, here we go. It's just a germ of an idea but the inspiration for it is maybe better than the synopsis.

Right, so, sitting around the room one day about ten years ago, I had just finished the reboot of Battlstar Galactica and was ruminating about it and the first scene in the pilot. I was thinking about and the diplomat who goes out to a remote outpost to meet with the banned Cylons and they never come, until they do. That part is neither here nor there, it's the concept of one guy out there alone in space.

The second influence of this idea came from a book sitting on my shelf. It's still sitting there, Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards!

So, the idea of someone out in remote space, guarding "something, unknown" and then you have the guards of the guards, those who make sure they don't get out of line and point out something that the public is not supposed to hear. Bad guard, BAD! Now go sit in the corner.

Point is, what they are guarding is most likely like what is in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction, it may be real, it may not be. Is it like 1984, always at war with no one yet these guys are out there doing what? Is it all for the good or nefarious, or maybe both? Lot's of scenarios you can go with from there.

I can't make up the characters and plot and make it believable as I don't have the answers to the questions. Someone smarter than me has to run with it. Give it some meaning that makes sense, hopefully. I just wish I could write that story but that ain't a gonna happen.
edit on 4/15/2022 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I started a story about a year ago. I had ideas about where I was going with the main character and had a good start on the first chapter introducing the character and setting up the story, but I stopped writing. I've just gotten back to it and organized my notes, it's beginning to write itself, it's taking on a life of it's own.

The characters are coming together and I have a great twist developing. I'm treating each chapter like it was an episode of a TV series and tying it altogether at the end.

I've done research essays based on the Chicago Manual of Style and have articles that have been published, but I've never seriously tried to tackle a fictional story. I'm finding similarities between other creative endeavors like music, art, and performance. Maybe this is another muse to tease me.

I'm very descriptive in writing style (trying to set mood mostly), going heavy on character development, and have a main theme that is guiding the plot. Also I'm keeping things in the present tense, it is happening as you read it, not a tale of things that have happened already as in long ago and far away.
edit on 15-4-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

top topics

join